What happened in Trunks timeline with Freeza and Goku?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PotaraWarrior

What happened in Trunks timeline with Freeza and Goku?

Post by PotaraWarrior » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:22 pm

In the timeline we know, Trunks kills Freeza and King Cold pretty quickly. But what happened in the Trunks timeline? I'm sure this is a frequently asked question or one where the answer is just Goku kills them with SSJ but I like to think he'd kill Freeza but King Cold would transform and the two would have an intense fight, maybe giving other Z-Fighters a chance to help and shine before they're slaughtered by the Androids.

sintzu
Banned

Re: What happened in Trunks timeline with Freeza and Goku?

Post by sintzu » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Trunks said Goku took them out so maybe he went for cold first before finishing off Freeze.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:39 pm

PotaraWarrior wrote:In the timeline we know, Trunks kills Freeza and King Cold pretty quickly. But what happened in the Trunks timeline? I'm sure this is a frequently asked question or one where the answer is just Goku kills them with SSJ but I like to think he'd kill Freeza but King Cold would transform and the two would have an intense fight, maybe giving other Z-Fighters a chance to help and shine before they're slaughtered by the Androids.
Cold cannot transform as far as I know. That's not to say that its not possible but even twenty-some years later, there hasn't been a single on-panel/screen appearance for Cold besides the form he was introduced in. Its likely that he's already in his final transformation(if he has any others) or that he has evolved beyond the need to use transformations, he just doesn't train so he is quite a bit beneath his son's strength.
Cold would've been no problem for Goku as a SSJ and Freeza may have put up a great fight but even his cybernetic body it wouldn't have been enough, he'd have been like Meta Cooler but without the ability to repair any damage on the spot or to produce another body. Goku would have full strength & stamina along with Instantaneous Movement as an advantage in their rematch and we don't know how reliable Freeza's cybernetic body would even be, it didn't hold up at all to Trunks' sword.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:29 pm

I think it went down with a similar efficiency as with Trunks's version. Goku gets down there via Instant Transmission, holds no mercy for Frieza, and eliminates King Cold after he shows his true colours.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:24 pm

Well, Goku would have still appeared and would easily crush Cold and Frieza, because none of the two can keep up with Goku as a SS. That had to have happened in order for the androids to appear and kill the Z warriors. :|
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19