Vegeta should be phased out now

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Vegeta should be phased out now

Post by TheMikado » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:48 pm

PFM18 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
sangofe wrote:
So you like GT Vegeta then?
Yes, second only to Buu saga Vegeta.
So you like Vegeta being a lying, pathetic loser who gives up and is surpassed by his own kid?(when his kid fuses with another kid)
For someone who actually enjoys some character depth, lore, and compelling story with some depth to it, Yes.
Puaru wrote:The Boo saga was by far the point in the series when Vegeta had the most interesting personality.
This guy gets it. It's hard for me to digest "buddy cop" Vegeta.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:58 am

TheMikado wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
Yes, second only to Buu saga Vegeta.
So you like Vegeta being a lying, pathetic loser who gives up and is surpassed by his own kid?(when his kid fuses with another kid)
For someone who actually enjoys some character depth, lore, and compelling story with some depth to it, Yes.
Puaru wrote:The Boo saga was by far the point in the series when Vegeta had the most interesting personality.
There is nothing wrong with "buddy cop" since it fits in with how he developed at the end of Z and the fact the Vegeta is the only character in the franchise that can compete with Goku forever (which is why Super ends with the them fighting again).

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:04 pm

Retan wrote:
Bottom line I just grow tired of this Vegeta fights main threat only to show how strong main threat is. (Kinda always have been)
That happens to everyone who fights the main threat without the new power-up in this franchise, especially in the movies. Yet people in this fandom have this delusion that it only happens to Vegeta :roll:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:20 pm

kn83 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with "buddy cop" since it fits in with how he developed at the end of Z and the fact the Vegeta is the only character in the franchise that can compete with Goku forever (which is why Super ends with the them fighting again).
No it’s not, there’s a difference between working with someone and being their second fiddle tag along. The proud prince of saiyans only works with Goku when he absolutely has too and only for the sake of his family. His pride will never let him take a permanent tag along role.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:26 pm

I just want them to do something with him other than repeating his Buu arc development over and over again.
If they gave us a planet Sadala arc and had some politics thrown in there, it would actually be really interesting to see Vegeta in a major political role in the arc and not just him fighting. There's a lot of interesting things they can do with Vegeta's character now that we have the U6 Saiyans and a possible Planet Sadala visit, but it'll be a real waste if they just do the same "grr i hate carrots I will prove that I am the strongest vegetable" crap over and over.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:41 pm

Asura wrote:I just want them to do something with him other than repeating his Buu arc development over and over again.
If they gave us a planet Sadala arc and had some politics thrown in there, it would actually be really interesting to see Vegeta in a major political role in the arc and not just him fighting. There's a lot of interesting things they can do with Vegeta's character now that we have the U6 Saiyans and a possible Planet Sadala visit, but it'll be a real waste if they just do the same "grr i hate carrots I will prove that I am the strongest vegetable" crap over and over.
I mean they didn't really repeat his Buu arc development since in the Buu arc he was either a ruthless asshole or a softie with nothing in between and not actually showing that he has learned how to incorporate his family without changing his identity

Zen Yabuki
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Zen Yabuki » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I don't think he should be phased out, but I do wish they'd do something more interesting with him. Like the way his character is when it comes to his "rivalry" with Goku makes him very boring to me. Going into more depth with Vegeta being a mentor with Cabba could be a neat way to make him more interesting.

Toxin45
Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Sat May 05, 2018 8:40 am

sintzu wrote:
Exline wrote:If Vegeta is going to be phased out, then who would be his replacement?
No one as the only one who can keep up with Goku is another full blooded Saiyan. Freeza and Hit are nowhere near as strong as Goku or Vegeta. Jiren left Vegeta in the dust but so did Goku to him so as of now the only one who can give Goku a good fight is another Saiyan who can use UI and so far Vegeta is the only one who can reach it.

Super ended with both fighting, saying they have unlimited potential and that they won't let the other get ahead. Goku and Vegeta are like batman and superman or iron man and captain america, they're the pair that represents their franchise.
Well Frieza can still train though