Who do you think the villain is in the new up-coming DBS movie?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: Who do you think the villain is in the new up-coming DBS movie?

Post by Pantalones » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:41 am

another Super Saiyan other than Yamoshi would have had to exist and then the fact of 1000 years wouldn't apply anymore.
Yamoshi was described as the first Super Saiyan, wasn't he? Do we know that Yamoshi was the Super Saiyan from 1000 years ago, or is that just the common assumption? From what I remember the "1000 years ago" was just mentioned as the last time a Super Saiyan was known to have appeared before Goku transformed, not the first or only other time it had happened.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:59 am

Pantalones wrote:Yamoshi was described as the first Super Saiyan, wasn't he? Do we know that Yamoshi was the Super Saiyan from 1000 years ago, or is that just the common assumption? From what I remember the "1000 years ago" was just mentioned as the last time a Super Saiyan was known to have appeared before Goku transformed, not the first or only other time it had happened.
The way it was written, it does imply Yamoshi was the first one. I think one could interpret that Yamoshi transformed for the time in his life. But something like "he is the first Saiyan who transformed in history" is not something said.
Akira Toriyama wrote:He and his five comrades started a rebellion, but he was cornered by combatants and became a Super Saiyan for the first time, though his transformation and fearsome fighting style shocked the other Saiyans.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:33 am

I think he's the legendary super saiyan from U7, so a canonized version of Broly. If that's true, it would be dope imo.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 pm

Not Yamoshi, but the evil Saiyan leader that he fought against.

Caulifla uses the U6 Namekian DBs in her quest to get stronger. She wishes for the strongest Saiyan of all time to appear, hoping to train with him, but he turns out to be an evil bastard, and far more powerful than she imagined.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm

I hope it's the legendary Super Saiyan from U6 who could somehow live for thousands of years or something. If they revive Yamoshi then that would be like Resurrection F all over again, which was done in bad taste tbh.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Rakurai wrote:I hope it's the legendary Super Saiyan from U6 who could somehow live for thousands of years or something. If they revive Yamoshi then that would be like Resurrection F all over again, which was done in bad taste tbh.
The difference is that we had already seen plenty of Freeza, but we've never actually seen Yamoshi before.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:49 pm

EARTH has goku

Saiyan has a tail

Toriyama said movie would explore Freeza history with saiyans

Somehow this leads people to believe this is a saiyan from universe 6 :think:

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:48 am

Sounds like a good way to introduce Broly into official canon.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Rakurai wrote:I hope it's the legendary Super Saiyan from U6 who could somehow live for thousands of years or something. If they revive Yamoshi then that would be like Resurrection F all over again, which was done in bad taste tbh.
The difference is that we had already seen plenty of Freeza, but we've never actually seen Yamoshi before.
It's the idea of a villain being resurrected for the sake of a film plot, which has already been done. I'm hoping that the DBs will be used for a different purpose, e.g. restore the antagonist to his/her prime or something akin to that (similar to Mechikabura from SDBH).
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!