Did Jiren truly earn his strength on his own?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Did Jiren truly earn his strength on his own?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:02 pm

I am curious, when the show said he became this powerful on his own. Does that mean he acquired God ki on his own? Does that mean he didn't train with the gods or angels? Or did they just mean he didn't have any emotional support?

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Did Jiren truly earn his strength on his own?

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:51 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:I am curious, when the show said he became this powerful on his own. Does that mean he acquired God ki on his own? Does that mean he didn't train with the gods or angels? Or did they just mean he didn't have any emotional support?
Jiren has normal Ki, Krillin sensed his energy multiple times..
It seems like he never trained with the angels at least as of now, the manga might change some stuff up..
Being alone emotionally while being deep thing, I am not quite sure this is what they meant, my translation suggests he literally achieved this power on his own..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:12 pm

I think unless it's clarified that Jiren was this mutant of mutants whereby his potential is considered to be the greatest of any ningen in existence, his escalation to top of the charts where not even Hakaishin can defeat him represents this unexplained quandary. Training with Belmod and Toppo would explain a lot about his condition, but surpassing them when he has no god ki of his own doesn't make sense. To be fair, less and less appears to do so as we progress further along in this modernist revival of the DB franchise.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:10 am

Jiren doesn’t appear to have God Ki of any sort so yes it appears he got this far without divine training or god rituals . It’s not far fetched . Revival F proved God Ki is nothing special then we’ve seen beings like Hit , Rafe Trunks , Kefla , Jiren who without God Ki can reach powers beyond god forms

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:37 pm

He could still acquire strength from angels without achieving God Ki himself. And although it appears that he has nomral ki I don't believe that is 100% certain. Characters seem to be able to sense his ki but in a way everrybody can sense God ki it just isn't sensed as the same way as other ki they just feel the "pressure" that God Ki gives off so they could be referring to the extent to that "pressure"

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:08 pm

PFM18 wrote:He could still acquire strength from angels without achieving God Ki himself. And although it appears that he has nomral ki I don't believe that is 100% certain. Characters seem to be able to sense his ki but in a way everrybody can sense God ki it just isn't sensed as the same way as other ki they just feel the "pressure" that God Ki gives off so they could be referring to the extent to that "pressure"

I don’t think he trained with the angel. In episode 109 she wasn’t sure Jiren could beat goku that easily and belmod had to tell her about how Jiren never loses and such. I think he’s what Frieza or Gohan could be if they spent all their time training

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:13 pm

Jiren doesn't have God ki. That's a whole different thing. Jiren's Ki is probably normal Ki, since even the earthlings can sense his presence. Just because you have God Ki doesn't mean you are almighty though. I think Jiren did earn his strength by himself, but he must have done some secret training somewhere, because Goku did many secret trainings and STILL, he wasn't able to beat Beerus; his own GoD. While, Jiren can mop the floor of Belmod, but chooses not to.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:33 pm

Sonofman wrote:Jiren doesn't have God ki. That's a whole different thing. Jiren's Ki is probably normal Ki, since even the earthlings can sense his presence. Just because you have God Ki doesn't mean you are almighty though. I think Jiren did earn his strength by himself, but he must have done some secret training somewhere, because Goku did many secret trainings and STILL, he wasn't able to beat Beerus; his own GoD. While, Jiren can mop the floor of Belmod, but chooses not to.

Goku is a genius in terms of combat and learning techniques but his growth rate in power from training is far lesser than people like Freeza, Gohan, etc who are born with immense natural talent. My headcanon based on nothing is that jiren was born with high power unlike goku and training by himself allowed him to reach heights he has whereas if goku didn't meet Whis and Beerus, he never could have reached his current level within a normal lifespan of a saiyan

blain218
Banned Alternate Account

Post by blain218 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:13 am

God ki as far far as I know was never stated to have anything to do with raw strength in the first place. All of the Kais naturally have God ki yet the majority of them are weaker than a Cell jr.