Why not Whis but why Dragon Ball?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Why not Whis but why Dragon Ball?

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:35 am

People who question Whis' ability to give people life but is fine seeing a lowly mortal made Dragon able to resurrect people, why do you think Whis shouldnt be able to do it?

Whis and the angels are third in the Multiverse Hierarchy behind only GP and Zeno. The fact they are a guide and trainers of GoD's and even a consultant to the Kaioshins, they are at a higher level.

Why should any Dragon Ball [other than the Super DB's] should be able to resurrect people? The namekians are mere mortals. We dont even know if Zalama gave them special ability to magically wish to change the universe.

So why Whis, such a high ranked individual shouldnt be able to do things that a mere mortal made tool cant? He has both the authority and the power.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Why not Whis but why Dragon Ball?

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:39 am

If Elder Kaioshin can do it (though) in exchange for his own life I don't see how Whis can't.
My only beef with Whis is claiming at the end of the Future Trunks Arc, that he would go into the future, when earlier in the arc he was specifically asked and blatantly stated the only thing he could do was rewind time by 3 minutes.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:28 am

dbgtFO wrote:If Elder Kaioshin can do it (though) in exchange for his own life I don't see how Whis can't.
My only beef with Whis is claiming at the end of the Future Trunks Arc, that he would go into the future, when earlier in the arc he was specifically asked and blatantly stated the only thing he could do was rewind time by 3 minutes.
Well that makes sense. Even the Time Rings cant go to the Past for long time, but can move to the future as it wishes

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:17 am

dbgtFO wrote:My only beef with Whis is claiming at the end of the Future Trunks Arc, that he would go into the future, when earlier in the arc he was specifically asked and blatantly stated the only thing he could do was rewind time by 3 minutes.
As I recall, Whis claimed that he could only rewind time by three minutes; he made no claims about non-VHS-type time travel.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 pm

I probably shouldn't do this, but I just let a lot of the crazy stuff I see in the shows mostly slide. Reason being because, if I get all artsy or critical about it, I feel like I get very upset over something very silly. And I always see it as being my own fault for getting worked up over such a family-friendly series that doesn't often even take itself very seriously. When I saw Whis bestow life though, it didn't seem uncalled for at all.

Goten and Trunks go Super Saiyan with no explanation? Fine, I'll attribute it to "the plot demands it, and Buu saga is gags central", but boy does that seem like a cheap achievement among initial Super Saiyan transformations. Even if it is for my favorite character. So conflicted. u_u

Super Vegeta's Final Flash is aimed directly down at Cell (and to the Earth, by extension) with probably enough power to destroy a galaxy, but the Earth itself is barely even grazed? Okay, we'll just say Super Vegeta's a master at bending his ki attacks and move on before I look too deeply into this for my own health.

An angel, who is shown to have powers and abilities that still immeasurably surpass those of our main cast, grants life to a mortal? Actually, this doesn't seem out of place, especially relative to many other happenings. Carry on!
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.