How strong would goku and the gang have gotten if...?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

How strong would goku and the gang have gotten if...?

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:55 am

How strong would goku and the gang have gotten if...they never met Beerus and GT never happened? Let's say, Beerus never woke up during goku's and Vegeta's life time, Frieza never came back, zeno's didn't wipe any universes, and of course GT never happened. How strong do you honestly goku and the gang would have become from training up until they're deaths? You can compare them to other characters from the franchise. But I want too know what you all think?

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Re: How strong would goku and the gang have gotten if...?

Post by Almighty Majin » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:46 pm

By the time of EoZ I'd say that Goku would be at a level where he could comfortably defeat Kid Buu and perhaps even Super Buu. If you take his fight with Uub into consideration, you could probably argue that he's reached SSJ3 level in base. Vegeta would pretty much be around the same level as Goku and would have either reached SSJ3 or surpassed SSJ2 his own way via the enhanced SSJ2 that Future Trunks showed in DBS.

Considering that Goku would be training Uub, there is no doubt that during the time period that GT takes place that Goku would surpass Buu by a large margin. Basically Goku would still end up as strong as he was during the first arc of GT. This means that everyone else gets left behind as any training Vegeta would be up to would not compare to Goku's training with Uub and no one else was really training that much. In fact the only way I see Vegeta making the same gains as Goku in this scenario would be if he requested Mr. Satan that he use Majin Buu as his training partner.

Assuming that the DBO events still occur, then Goku and Vegeta eventually have their last fight which means that they both reached an equal maximum power. I'd say by this point in time they're probably comparable to initial SSJ4 Goku. The only other characters who train during this time period are Goten, Trunks, Pan, Piccolo, and the Earthlings. Goten and Trunks after their sword training should be comparable to if not stronger than their GT counterparts and Pan would definitely be much stronger than her GT counterpart. The others I really can't say much about except that Piccolo also reaches his GT level of power and maybe surpasses that.

Lightdasher
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lightdasher » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:46 am

Seems a rather uneventful scenario to answer. By that, I mean it sounds like we're assuming pretty much nothing happens after the end of Z. I prefer to imagine that plenty of adventures do continue happening that help Goku and the others to become stronger as we're used to.

But of course, that's hard to concretely imagine because anything's possible. In that case, I believe Almighty Majin gave a super awesome answer.
"Set a good example, represent what you think the community should be, and just be awesome." -VegettoEX, 2017.

TysonWine
Beyond Newbie

Post by TysonWine » Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:21 am

Lightdasher wrote:Seems a rather uneventful scenario to answer.
Tell me about it

[quote="Lightdasher"By that, I mean it sounds like we're assuming pretty much nothing happens after the end of Z. I prefer to imagine that plenty of adventures do continue happening that help Goku and the others to become stronger as we're used to.[/quote]
Right. Goku seems to have an easier time getting stronger once he can feel the limit of the next antagonists power. While he'll never stop training, he seems to make gains quicker when he has a goal in mind for exactly how strong he needs to become to beat the current foe.

Mac
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mac » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:24 am

In proper Dragon Ball fashion, I'm sure they'd stumble across some villain eventually. Goku would be incredibly bored after finishing Uubs training and there's no threat looming.