Who's the strongest character who *wouldn't* break the punch machine?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Who's the strongest character who *wouldn't* break the punch machine?

Post by Pantalones » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

I was randomly reminded of the Tenkaichi Budokai punching machines that were used to narrow down the field by disqualifying the weakest fighters in the Buu Saga, and that got me wondering. Vegeta didn't hold back his punch at all and destroyed the machine, and we saw #18 rack up a score of over 700 when attempting to hold back but not managing to tone it down to "normal human" levels. We saw Mr. Satan get a score of 137 with a serious punch, while the others all got around 200 when holding back immensely.

That got me wondering... if characters from the original Dragonball were to try out the punch machine, who'd be the first to hit hard enough to break it? Who'd be the strongest who wouldn't break it with a serious punch? We know Mr. Satan is stronger than an ordinary human, but not to ridiculous extents (he'd beat the crap out of ordinary criminals no problem but would lose to anyone with superhuman abilities or abnormal strength.) How much stronger than him would you need to be to break the machine, maybe not send it flying like Vegeta did but at least render it useless? Who'd be able to break it if they were actively trying to, but not with a standard "not trying to break it, but not holding back either" punch? How much stronger than that before you get the same result as Vegeta and end up with a wrecked machine flying into the nearest wall?

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Who's the strongest character who *wouldn't* break the punch machine?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Mr. Satan can't survive bullets, something that Goku could do at the start of the series. So Goku (and maybe Kuririn) even before Roshi's training would already be stronger than him and could probably reach the 200s. By the time we reach Tao, characters are breaking stone pillars with their fingers and killing people with their tongue, so it would probably have to be someone from the 21st tournament like Nam or some of the weaker characters in the 22nd like Panputt.

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:57 pm

Doctor. wrote:so it would probably have to be someone from the 21st tournament like Nam or some of the weaker characters in the 22nd like Panputt.
I think the person would have to be weaker than that as Panput destroyed a wall with an elbow and I have Nam stronger than him.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Wizard Sesame wrote:
Doctor. wrote:so it would probably have to be someone from the 21st tournament like Nam or some of the weaker characters in the 22nd like Panputt.
I think the person would have to be weaker than that as Panput destroyed a wall with an elbow and I have Nam stronger than him.
Mr. Satan broke a mountain of tiles with a karate chop, so he's not completely worthless.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Wizard Sesame wrote:
I disagree, Android 18 initially gave a number of 773 before reigning it back to 203, while Mr. Satan's number was 137 at his max. While we don't know the relative scaling, the machine took 773 like it was nothing, so I think that means that Saiyan Saga Krillin could hit it at max strength and not break it.

I don't know for sure though, I'm just ballparking here. I just think the machine is stronger than one thinks, considering it took 18s unrestrained hit just fine.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:31 pm

Probably General White, if he's stronger than Satan. Even weaklings like BoS Kuririn and Chi-Chi showed feats that imply they could one shot that machine easily (Kuririn one shoting a tiger, Chi-Chi outrunning a T-Rex).
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:01 pm

Zeno. Because his physical strength probably isn't that great.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:42 pm

I wouldnt say nam because he was almost even with Goku . Probably the huge wrestler that parodies Andre the giant he would probably register in the 200s but krillin beat him easily.