How Powerful Would GT Goku & Vegeta Be With SSJG/SSJB?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Powerful Would GT Goku & Vegeta Be With SSJG/SSJB?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:55 am

I always wondered if it could have been possible for the events of GT to occur but the power up of the SSJG forms were granted to these considerably stronger base versions of Goku & Vegeta. With that being said then how would GT Goku or Vegeta have fared had they attained SSJG or SSJB?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sintzu
Banned

Re: How Powerful Would GT Goku & Vegeta Be With SSJG/SSJB?

Post by sintzu » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:03 am

I don't think they were much stronger than they were in the Buu arc as there weren't any training they could do to get noticeably stronger so if they had the forms without Whis' training then they'd be weaker than they are in Super.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:05 am

Goku and Vegeta at the time of GT are said to be around ssj3 to super buu level at they're base. So let's assume they meet Beerus after the events of omega shenron? Goku becomes ssj God, which I would have him around the level U6 or Pre-Goku black ssj God level. I would honestly have them as ssj blues around the ToP of level after first acquiring it.

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:05 pm

Before I give you all this link I need to say two things. 1) I know next to nothing about power scaling (as soon as scouters were out of the picture I stopped caring). 2) I don't really know what the general consensus about this guy and his reliability is, but he seems to know what he's talking about to a layman like me. Anyways, he makes the claim in this video that SSJ4 is actually stronger than both SSG and SSB.

If we're going with "Super happens and then GT happens", this would probably mean their power changes very little. If we're saying that they achieved God after the events of GT, that's a different story.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:25 pm

sintzu wrote:I don't think they were much stronger than they were in the Buu arc as there weren't any training they could do to get noticeably stronger so if they had the forms without Whis' training then they'd be weaker than they are in Super.
Huh? GT Goku was stronger than Kid Boo just in base form and GT Vegeta was stronger than GT Gohan(who was stated by the guides to have improved himself since the Boo arc) so why would they be not be a great deal more powerful than their Boo arc selves?? I actually doubt that DBS Goku & Vegeta received the same proportion increase to their power from GT, DBS Goku would need to be 400x stronger after gaining SSJG to match his hypothetical SSJG GT self. I don't think Whis' training necessarily took Goku or Vegeta that far.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:35 am

Base forms of Goku and Vegeta in GT (especially after Baby saga) were much stronger than their DBS counterparts
So SSJB GT Goku would be stronger than SSJB DBS Goku for sure. The same goes for Vegeta.

The question is if they could beat Omega Shenron together with SSJB (assuming SSJB has higher multiplier)
sintzu wrote:I don't think they were much stronger than they were in the Buu arc as there weren't any training they could do to get noticeably stronger so if they had the forms without Whis' training then they'd be weaker than they are in Super.
Base Goku wrecked base Rildo who was said to be stronger than Buu. He also beaten SSJ Gohan who was confirmed to be stronger than Ultimate Gohan from Z.
Majuub was stronger than Goku SSJ3.

But then, one year later, in Super 17 saga, Goku and Vegeta SSJ were already much stronger than Majuub who completely destroyed Rildo in single ki blast.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:01 am

They would be weaker than they were in GT. The multiplier for SSJ4 is almost 100% certain to have a strictly higher multipler so they would be weaker than they are in GT and weaker than their equivalent selves in Super because once you attain God Ki you attain a massive boost to your base forms and therefore all of your transformations.

So I guess they would be an awkward middle ground of badness

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:27 pm

Ridiculously stronger from just SSG. Goku in GT is just as strong as his SS3 self who fought Kid Boo in Base. A Kid Boo who is reffered to as the most powerful one in the anime continuity.

This alone means that a GT SSGod Goku would be hundreds of times stronger than his Super counterpart. Assuming he and Vegeta go through all the Super arcs, it's entirely possible the two of them become strong enough to beat the likes of Beerus and Jiren with just SSBlue.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:04 pm

Honestly, I don't think Toei makes a difference here. The only thing Yamamuro-san alluded to in 2015 was that SSJ4 comes after Super Saiyajin God timewise and what that obviously would mean with that so I don't think the God forms are anywhere close to being stronger than what is seen from the character's GT forms. I doubt for them there is a "okay and now let's think of how strong they would be if those forms appeared in GT". For them its the same thing so it would still not be enough for Baby.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

GigaDrill
Beyond Newbie

Post by GigaDrill » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:45 am

weaker than their Super versions in all honesty

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Wed May 09, 2018 4:25 pm

simple answer
a fuckton
considering how trong they are in the last chapters of gt, stacking god on them will give us incredibly high numbers (octillions in my opinion, or even nonillions)

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon May 21, 2018 2:59 pm

Do you mean how strong GT Goku and Vegeta would be if they also went through what went on in Super? Or do you mean that taking into consideration Super is canon and GT is retconned to include it, how strong are Goku and Vegeta in that scenario? Or to put it succinctly, GT without Super vs. GT after Super.

We still don't know how strong SSJ4 and SSJG are, and in the latter's case, it's occupying an entirely different dimension of ki anyway. But just going by popular beliefs, SSJG is simply "much stronger than" SSJ4 and SSJG Goku during BoG could easily wipe out Super Vegetto circa Boo saga. Thus, if Goku went Super Saiyan God or Super Saiyan Blue during the fight with Rildo or Bebi, even as a child he'd likely overwhelm them completely. Unless, of course, Bebi is able to tap into Vegeta's power. In which case, Goku would probably be in trouble.

Beyond that, they stomp everyone else. Vegeta doesn't even let Super 17 touch him.

OF COURSE. If 17 is as strong as we believe him to be now, Super 17 would probably be so monstrously powerful that they'd need Super Kaioken 4 Blue x 100 Vegetto just to leave a dent. But I'll get to that.

Same deal with the Shadow Dragons. If anything, their only feats suggesting great power is knocking around SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta. Everyone freaked out at Omega Shenron (I'd use the Japanese name but I'm giving my fingers a break for the moment) because he was able to destroy an entire city with a single blast. Gasp!

In truth, Goku circa Battle of Gods using Super Saiyan God, a mastered form that he's able to control indefinitely, would probably breeze through all of GT without taking much damage.

Now for the other possibility...
The idea that GT comes after changes power scaling entirely. For one, it places Goku and Vegeta so far beyond everyone else that it's no wonder people called it "Dragon Ball Goku Time". General Rildo, for one, could probably fight on par with Goku Black. Ledgic, not as much, but he'd put up a good fight for Hit.
Bebi actually works because he takes over Vegeta's body anyway, and you could argue that the Super Bebi Vegeta form is like a bastardized mutant mixture of Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan Blue (IIRC, the Super Bebi Vegeta form really is the equivalent of a mutated SSJ3).
Super 17 also works inadvertently because of how OP 17 became during the ToP. All that's left to explain are the Shadow Dragons and why Goku thought to use SSJ3 vs. Bebi Vegeta rather than SSJB. And in-universe, maybe that's just because he and Vegeta so totally mastered Blue that they don't need to use it anymore. But I don't know.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am

Well there are two things: the godly base power absorption retcon for one, and the fact that SSj God may be more of an increment than a multiplier. For all we know, SSj God brings everybody up to a similar level initially, and only after training having tasted that power can one get stronger. Anyway, RoF "Saiyan beyond God" Goku and Vegeta are way, way beyond base Goku from GT. After the godly bases were retconned, I think the GT portrayal makes them stronger in base (an over 400x boost vs Super bases 5-10x).

But again, we don't know how SSj God works exactly, it could give the same amount of power regardless of your base.