Mahakaishin (Demonic Gods of Destruction). Do they exist?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Mahakaishin (Demonic Gods of Destruction). Do they exist?

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:03 am

So since my thread about Demon Realms in all 12 universes did "fairly well", (and by fairly well, I mean not that very successful) I decided to make a thread about another Demon Realm related topic. (And hopefully, people will actually give a shit about this one) And that is...

Do Mahakaishin, AKA Demonic Gods of Destruction, exist? We know about Makaioshin and Makaios, and we know that normal Gods of Destruction are not really evil. But do you guys think that, there are Makaishin out there in the Demon Realm, alongside the Makaioshin? Your thoughts?
Caulifla best girl! :)

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Re: Mahakaishin (Demonic Gods of Destruction). Do they exist?

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:21 am

Makes sense. If there are evil kai, then maybe they have the power to create Gods of Destruction from promising demons. Perhaps fallen angels exist as well. Imagine an evil counterpart of Whis.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:26 pm

No. It doesn't even make sense to exist Mahakaishin. They don't seem to be a natural force of the Universe too, like the other deities. It seems a God of Destruction is selected out of the common beings.

But I do think and hopefully it turns out to be true that exists the evil counterpart to angels.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

I'd like to think so. If not, I feel like there must be something in their place.Though, assuming that there are explicitly evil hakaishin makes me wonder what kind of state the demon realm is in. They definitely wouldn't destroy anything and everything, but they'd do quite a bit of damage if they weren't being regulated by some kind of force like the angels. Would their be demon-angels or fallen angels? If so, I wonder what their disposition is...

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 am

A Hakaishin is supposed to be neural in terms of good and evil. A Makaioshin at the end of the day, has a rank of a Kaioshin which means most likely, they are weaker than a Hakaishin. Zamasu was just a Kai and he was as strong as an SSJ2 but still quite weak comparatively. Characters have been made like Demigra from Xenoverse who have thought to be the race of Kai, but he's not canon. There's no point introducing them unless they can be a threat. A demon arc would be interesting and maybe people like Towa and Mechikabura could be considered Makaioshins. In DB Heroes, Mechikabura is very very strong so he can pose a threat. I think the only possibility at this point is that there will be an Angels vs Demons arc. Angels are the next level of power and we haven't yet seen them fight. I'm sure that if there are Angels, there will be an antithesis.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:11 pm

Both the Angels and Gods of Destruction are supposed to be morally neutral. It doesn't make sense for them to have evil counterparts.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:10 pm

An evil-counterpart God of Destruction doesn't really make sense to exist, no.

Gods of Destruction are chosen from the mortal population, they aren't their own species the way the Kaio/Kaioshin are. So it's a completely different situation from the Shinjin, where the obviously evil ones get sent to the Demon Realm so they're unable to win the "Kaio/Kaioshin lottery." All the angels need to do to prevent evil Gods of Destruction from cropping up and misuse their power is not provide their godly training to beings deemed "too evil" to hold that kind of a position -- or just kill off any God of Destruction (or candidate) who shows signs of being too evil, since the angels are so high above them in power and skill anyway.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun May 06, 2018 2:28 pm

It’s impossible for a Mahakaishin to exist. The Hakaishin are chosen but the Makaiohshin are born evil. Why would a Hakaishin choose an evil person to be Hakaishin? Doesn’t make sense