How strong would Piccolo have become if he had his potential unlocked on Namek?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Logania
Regular

How strong would Piccolo have become if he had his potential unlocked on Namek?

Post by Logania » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:15 pm

After Piccolo was revived and brought to Planet Namek with the Dragon Balls, what if Guru lived long enough to awaken his inner potential after fusing with Nail? How strong do you think he would've become?

It gave Gohan and Krillin massive boosts in strength from their powers beforehand, so with Piccolo being about equal to 2nd form Freeza, would it have been enough to beat his 3rd form, or even be a match for 50% final form Freeza if he obtained the power up?

I think he would've been around his level of power after his 3 years of training preparing for the Androids, but what do you guys think?
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: How strong would Piccolo have become if he had his potential unlocked on Namek?

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:44 pm

Well power levels claim that krillin jumped from 10-13 thousand to 75,000. While Gohan went from 20,000-200,000. So one got a 5x boost and the other got a 10x. Since gohan has a lot of potential and is a prodigy, I will say most would get anything below a 5x boost. So hypothetically if this piccolo merged with nail. Had a power level of 1,000,000-1,200,000 million. So if we use the 5x multiplier for him. He jumps too 5,000,000-6,000,000. So he stomps Frieza three forms, but still gets beaten up by the final form.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How strong would Piccolo have become if he had his potential unlocked on Namek?

Post by Lionel » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:32 am

Gohan and Krillin were about the same in power when they initially got their potential unlocked. The young hybrid Saiyan didn't seem to pass up Krillin until after he was receiving zenkais. If Gohan hadn't been pushed to the brink of death twice, he might have been much closer to Krillin in terms of power -- like if Krillin is 75,000, I think Gohan would end with a power level of 80,000.

Piccolo with Nail's potential supplementing him would probably have netted him a very large boost in strength; larger than Gohan or Krillin's. If he was over a million before the unlock then it would likely skyrocket up to somewhere over 20 million, in my opinion. If his power is allowed to continue growing over the course of the fight with Freeza then both the tyrant and Goku would probably find themselves faced with an up and coming third player in the match. Freeza would be having to use more of his power just to keep this classic team up under his heels. Furthermore, he either kills Piccolo soon or he's going to find himself outmatched. Super Saiyan may not even be required in this situation.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:12 am

I always wondered if maybe Nail had already had his potential unlocked, and this was passed on to Piccolo when they fused.

That would explain why Piccolo went from maybe-stronger-than-Nail, maybe-just-abnormally-strong-compared-to-every-other-Namekian to over a million right away, even though this was just him fusing with a random Namekian warrior which wasn't supposed to provide the kind of enormous boost he'd get from fusing with Kami (Kamiccolo is spoken of as a massive power-up over Piccolo alone, and that's by Guru, who's the only one left who knew the original Nameless Namekian... he's basically like "yeah, if he had reunited with his other half he wouldn't have died against any regular Saiyan -- they'd need to be a Super Saiyan. maybe he'd even be able to beat Freeza by now.")

It could also explain why his power growth seemed to go through the roof after this point -- the next time we see him, Goku considered the possibility of Piccolo being the one to finish off Freeza even before he thought of Vegeta, which implied he'd already caught up to and then surpassed the base Saiyans by that point. And then we saw how he was able to go so far that he was compared to Super Saiyans after the 3 years of training for the Androids. And it wasn't just some vague "Krillin thinks anyone way stronger than him is on par with a Super Saiyan" thing, he proved himself more than capable of taking out Android #20 (who was even stronger than #19 and had already absorbed Yamcha's full power and some of Piccolo's before the Namekian humiliated him.) That puts him at least on par with sick Goku before he started losing more power, if not a bit stronger.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:43 pm

Logania wrote:After Piccolo was revived and brought to Planet Namek with the Dragon Balls, what if Guru lived long enough to awaken his inner potential after fusing with Nail? How strong do you think he would've become?

It gave Gohan and Krillin massive boosts in strength from their powers beforehand, so with Piccolo being about equal to 2nd form Freeza, would it have been enough to beat his 3rd form, or even be a match for 50% final form Freeza if he obtained the power up?

I think he would've been around his level of power after his 3 years of training preparing for the Androids, but what do you guys think?

I don't think Guru would have been able to unlock anything because Piccolo has been training harder than any of the Z characters (yes, even Goku). He was pretty much at his max potential IMO. What Piccolo needed was a power boost, a fusion between another namekian to break the difference in his own limited power. But hypothetically, if he did receive his unlocked potential, I doubt he would have done much against a final form Frieza, he'd probably be able to take on 3rd form equally.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:52 pm

Pantalones wrote:I always wondered if maybe Nail had already had his potential unlocked, and this was passed on to Piccolo when they fused.

That would explain why Piccolo went from maybe-stronger-than-Nail, maybe-just-abnormally-strong-compared-to-every-other-Namekian to over a million right away, even though this was just him fusing with a random Namekian warrior which wasn't supposed to provide the kind of enormous boost he'd get from fusing with Kami (Kamiccolo is spoken of as a massive power-up over Piccolo alone, and that's by Guru, who's the only one left who knew the original Nameless Namekian... he's basically like "yeah, if he had reunited with his other half he wouldn't have died against any regular Saiyan -- they'd need to be a Super Saiyan. maybe he'd even be able to beat Freeza by now.")

It could also explain why his power growth seemed to go through the roof after this point -- the next time we see him, Goku considered the possibility of Piccolo being the one to finish off Freeza even before he thought of Vegeta, which implied he'd already caught up to and then surpassed the base Saiyans by that point. And then we saw how he was able to go so far that he was compared to Super Saiyans after the 3 years of training for the Androids. And it wasn't just some vague "Krillin thinks anyone way stronger than him is on par with a Super Saiyan" thing, he proved himself more than capable of taking out Android #20 (who was even stronger than #19 and had already absorbed Yamcha's full power and some of Piccolo's before the Namekian humiliated him.) That puts him at least on par with sick Goku before he started losing more power, if not a bit stronger.
I agree with this. It's really the only way to explain Piccolo's phenomenal growths in the 3 year training gap, while Goku and Gohan, who trained with him, certainly improved, but had nowhere near the same dramatic increase in power as Piccolo. Also, when before Freeza and Cold show up, Piccolo and Vegeta have an argument, and Piccolo basically tells Vegeta to bring it on and fight him; I don't see him doing that if he's still in the same relative power situation as they were back on Namek.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:06 pm

He would be about 10% of Freeza's full power.