If Nappa survived and won with Vegeta, would Vegeta have actually made them both have eternal youth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

If Nappa survived and won with Vegeta, would Vegeta have actually made them both have eternal youth?

Post by Asura » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:11 am

When he tells Nappa why he plans to head for Earth to make a wish from the Dragon Balls it's so "we" can attain eternal youth. Do you think Vegeta would have actually included Nappa in that wish?

Banana
Not-So-Newbie

Re: If Nappa survived and won with Vegeta, would Vegeta have actually made them both have eternal youth?

Post by Banana » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:08 am

Vegeta kills Nappa because Nappa becomes useless to him so this does not seem likely to me. Vegeta seems like he would lead Nappa on and maybe say he would give Nappa eternal life/youth but then double cross Nappa and be like nope, nevermind if given the chance. Can't trust Vegeta at that point in the series.
Goku: Are you a Yoshi?
Piccolo: Yes, Goku, I'm a green ****ing dinosaur.

sintzu
Banned

Re: If Nappa survived and won with Vegeta, would Vegeta have actually made them both have eternal youth?

Post by sintzu » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am

Probably not in fear of him turning on him later down the line. Vegeta at that point had a very me first, me second and me only kind of mentality so there's no way he'd help anyone other than himself. It literally took dying for him to even start to slightly change his ways.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:34 am

It depends on the nature of "survive". If you mean Goku's Knightfall-style Kaio-Ken attack, then yes I can see that happening because Nappa wouldn't be crippled. If it was Vegeta's death blow on him, then no way. Although he may with it ironically knowing that Nappa will live forever crippled.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 am

Yeah, like it's mentioned, this hinges on when Nappa survives. Prior to being stabbed in the back, if Nappa somehow made a recovery and received a zenkai then Vegeta would have no reason to refuse including him. Should it occur after Vegeta had already attempted to kill him then Vegeta is not going to want to keep the person whom he turned coat on being around to exact some personal vengeance scheme. Who knows what's going on in his head exactly, though. An ironic condemnation to eternal suffering would be an interesting fate for Nappa, albeit an unnecessary one in Vegeta's eyes. The Saiyan Prince wanted to dispose of Nappa because he no longer served any purpose to him. It was a quick and efficient death. I don't see why he would want to prolong the torment by keeping Nappa alive.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Lionel wrote:An ironic condemnation to eternal suffering would be an interesting fate for Nappa, albeit an unnecessary one in Vegeta's eyes. The Saiyan Prince wanted to dispose of Nappa because he no longer served any purpose to him. It was a quick and efficient death. I don't see why he would want to prolong the torment by keeping Nappa alive.
Well it would be quite similar to Ginyu the Frog and Vegeta letting him go for the fun of it. Difference there of course is that Vegeta is already being influenced by his companions and undergone some very slight shifts in his character.