Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:52 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Where is Zalama and what is he? What is he doing?
No idea, but we know he is alive and that he doesn't exist in Universes 7, 9, 10, 11, 3, 4, 6, or 2 since those got erased and the Super Dragon Balls were still active. He may exist outside of the 12 Universes too. Since he created the Super Dragon Balls in the 41st year of the Divine Calendar, that's pretty old assuming that the 1st year of the Divine Calendar was probably when the universes were created.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Why does Goku have no interest in his father?
Why would he? He's happy living his life the way he is. I have no interest in my father either. Goku is a carefree guy whose only interest is fighting.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Where did Majin Buu come from?
He's existed since Time immemorial according to Toriyama and is essentially evil incarnate.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:How strong is Daishinkai exactly?
According to Toyotaro's manga, he's the strongest fighter out of all 12 universes.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:What was he virus that killed Goku and how did he get it?
He probably acquired it from Yardrat. Goku's immune system and body are different. A common virus that is harmless to a Yardrat maybe lethal for Goku. Doesn't make sense otherwise why only Goku got it and nobody else.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:How old is Mr.Popo?
He may be immortal. He's served as the assistant to the Guardian of Earth for hundreds of years. He doesn't look any different in GT either. He's supposed to be a genie.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:What does the Demon realm look like?
We may find out through SDBH. Towa, Dabura, Mechikaboola are all from the Demon Realm.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

YonedgeHP
Regular

Post by YonedgeHP » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:22 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
PFM18 wrote:There's always the DB multiverse iteration of King Cold where the form we saw is the 2nd of his 6 forms lol.
There isn't, it's a fanfic work, not an official one. No reason to take it into consideration. We don't know if King Cold can transform.
Well yeah obviously it has no influence on the canon
It has no influence in official media whatsoever.
Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

English is not my first language!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:What do the real Hell and Heaven look like?

What does the Demon realm look like?
We may find out through SDBH. Towa, Dabura, Mechikaboola are all from the Demon Realm.
Not only we already saw what Demon Realm look like, Enma-Daioh says that Hell looks like it, which is one of the reasons why Dabura was sent to Heaven instead of Hell.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:28 pm

YonedgeHP wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Grimlock wrote:
There isn't, it's a fanfic work, not an official one. No reason to take it into consideration. We don't know if King Cold can transform.
Well yeah obviously it has no influence on the canon
It has no influence in official media whatsoever.
I honestly have no idea why you guys took that post so seriously. Again, obviously it isnt an influential piece.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:47 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Majin is derived from djinn which is like genie or magical creature. Wizards like Demigra and Babidi use their magic to control others which puts the "Majin" symbol on their head to signify that magic is being used. However, some creatures are already from that magical race like Buu and Ozotto so are Majin naturally. Demigra and Babidi however are not from the Majin race. Buu creates his own Majin race later on. That's what I think anyways.
ZeroNeonix wrote:The Dragon Ball universe is kind of confusing with its demons and demon-like creatures. Demigra and Dabura are actual demons from the demon realm. Then there are Oni, the race who manage the underworld, such as King Yemma. King Piccolo and his children were called demons, since Piccolo was the evil counterpart of Kami (God). Majin Buu is a mysterious being from the ancient past. No one knows where he came from. The Majin symbol is used by wizards Babidi and Demigra to show their control over the minds of evil people.
Babidi and Bibidi are Madoshi which translate by Sorcerer, Demigra is also a Sorcerer who is also a Demon si by a spell I think he can become part Majin but not 100%. For Ozotto and Buu they could be two species of the same taxonomic family known as Majin ? Like there is Homo Sapien and Homo Erectus.

The overall species in the Makai and Hell are as follow:

Demon: Demigra, Towa and Mira for exemple
Mazoku: Garlic Jr and his father and maybe more ? I think Garlic Jr and the other are subspecies demon
Oni: Enma Daiô perhaps subspecies demon too ?

Then we have Madoshi with Babidi and his father, to end with the Majin incarnate in two subspecies with Ozotto and Buu, Haru Haru & Shun Shun.

Without forget the Makaioshin and the Makaio which are yet to be seen.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Mazoku: Garlic Jr and his father and maybe more ? I think Garlic Jr and the other are subspecies demon
Piccolo Daimao and his children were also considered to be Mazoku/Demon Clan, and I remember somebody mentioning once that Slug's minions were as well, though I'm not sure if Slug himself was ever described as a demon.

Going by that (and how we know that Piccolo was only demonic due to being Kami's evil half, otherwise he'd be just a regular Namekian), I figure that the Mazoku category of demons are those who develop demonic attributes as a side-effect of being disproportionately evil, rather than being members of a demon/devil species from birth. So Garlic Jr., his dad, and their minions probably weren't born demons; they would've been members of a regular pointy-eared blue guy species (Makyosei-jin/Makyans/however you want to say it) who happened to grow up to be "let's take over the world just so we can destroy it all" level evil, and became demonic as a result.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:40 pm

If every question was answered a good chunk of what we talk and speculate about on the forum would not exist.

To preserve the health of this forum I advocate for rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty.

Perfectionist-Cell
Beyond Newbie

Post by Perfectionist-Cell » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Where is Zalama and what is he? What is he doing?
No idea, but we know he is alive and that he doesn't exist in Universes 7, 9, 10, 11, 3, 4, 6, or 2 since those got erased and the Super Dragon Balls were still active. He may exist outside of the 12 Universes too. Since he created the Super Dragon Balls in the 41st year of the Divine Calendar, that's pretty old assuming that the 1st year of the Divine Calendar was probably when the universes were created.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Why does Goku have no interest in his father?
Why would he? He's happy living his life the way he is. I have no interest in my father either. Goku is a carefree guy whose only interest is fighting.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Where did Majin Buu come from?
He's existed since Time immemorial according to Toriyama and is essentially evil incarnate.
According to Toyotaro's manga, he's the strongest fighter out of all 12 universes.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:What was he virus that killed Goku and how did he get it?
He probably acquired it from Yardrat. Goku's immune system and body are different. A common virus that is harmless to a Yardrat maybe lethal for Goku. Doesn't make sense otherwise why only Goku got it and nobody else.
He may be immortal. He's served as the assistant to the Guardian of Earth for hundreds of years. He doesn't look any different in GT either. He's supposed to be a genie.

Thanks for the a answers but regarding to Goku and Bardock, Goku has never met his father I'm sure someone who has never met their father would wonder what he was like and he looked like it's natural for things like that to happen. It's weird that Goku never questioned anything about his parents and although his father was evil he did one good thing in the end for his son.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:05 pm

Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Thanks for the a answers but regarding to Goku and Bardock, Goku has never met his father I'm sure someone who has never met their father would wonder what he was like and he looked like it's natural for things like that to happen. It's weird that Goku never questioned anything about his parents and although his father was evil he did one good thing in the end for his son.
Nope, not really. I haven't met my father either lol. Goku didn't even ask ever about his father and I don't think he cares. He had a good life with Grandpa Gohan raising him.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:40 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Thanks for the a answers but regarding to Goku and Bardock, Goku has never met his father I'm sure someone who has never met their father would wonder what he was like and he looked like it's natural for things like that to happen. It's weird that Goku never questioned anything about his parents and although his father was evil he did one good thing in the end for his son.
Nope, not really. I haven't met my father either lol. Goku didn't even ask ever about his father and I don't think he cares. He had a good life with Grandpa Gohan raising him.
I never met mine as well, but there is that inkling always there, where I wondered what he's like.

But, Goku doesn't have the most typical of personalities, even in his own franchise. Something that has been commented in and out of the series.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:57 pm

Several times stronger than Whis. He is said to be in the top five strongest warriors in all the Multiverse.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Did Daishinkai live before time because in the manga he knows how old the multiverse is?
How can there be a time before time? I think the Grand Priest is likely one of the oldest beings in the universe.
The Heart Virus. Brought to you by the man who named North City, South City, and West City. lol
Very.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:According to Raditz baby saiyans are sent to weak planets to destroy them so are their any other lost saiyans out there besides Tarble and Goku?
Whatever's convenient for the plot. Unlikely, though.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:How did the Namekians find the super dragon balls?
Dunno. Maybe the next movie will address that.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:Are thereally any other powerful warriors in universe 7 beside's the fighters on Earth?
Probably. Whatever's convenient for the plot.
Perfectionist-Cell wrote:What do the real Hell and Heaven look like?
I find this question confusing. Are you asking what the canon Heaven and Hell are like after mentioning Tarble earlier? We've seen Heaven and Hell in non-canon material several times. But when it comes to canon, Frieza's Hell is the only glimpse we've seen. It appears that every planet has its own afterlife, and Hell specifically is a personal Hell. This is why for Frieza, surrounding him with cute sentient teddy bears was "Hell," because for him there was nothing worse. Hell also seems to exist for the purpose of purifying the souls inside before sending them back to be reincarnated, but King Yemma seemed to have expedited that process for Goku's sake when he sent Pure Buu's soul to be reborn as a human.
According to the Supreme Kai, it's a mirror world. Very similar to the mortal realm, but ruled by evil demons. Kinda makes me wonder if there are demon equivalents to every race. Like is there a Demon Realm Sadala with demon Saiyans living on it? Who knows.

Nineteen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nineteen » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:41 pm

The one I'm most interested in above all?

How would the Android arc have played out had Toriyama's former editor not convinced him to change the focus of the arc from 19 and Gero to 17 and 18?

I don't know how far along the plot had been developed when that decision was made, but the story is unusual in that the heroes go to confront the ostensible "big bads" almost immediately, without an army of underlings to wade through first. Typical DB arcs involve a lot more build-up to the final confrontation, so it would either have had to have been a damn short arc or Toriyama had a few twists up his sleeve that got changed or scrapped when 17 and 18 were introduced.
Dr. Gero: I cleared the area of innocents, in accordance with your wishes. Do you disagree with my methods?
Goku: Grr...leave these people out of this!
Android 19: There are no people left to leave out.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:22 am

Pantalones wrote:Piccolo Daimao and his children were also considered to be Mazoku/Demon Clan, and I remember somebody mentioning once that Slug's minions were as well, though I'm not sure if Slug himself was ever described as a demon.

Going by that (and how we know that Piccolo was only demonic due to being Kami's evil half, otherwise he'd be just a regular Namekian), I figure that the Mazoku category of demons are those who develop demonic attributes as a side-effect of being disproportionately evil, rather than being members of a demon/devil species from birth. So Garlic Jr., his dad, and their minions probably weren't born demons; they would've been members of a regular pointy-eared blue guy species (Makyosei-jin/Makyans/however you want to say it) who happened to grow up to be "let's take over the world just so we can destroy it all" level evil, and became demonic as a result.
That's a nice way to see things so there could be good Makyo-seijin out there damn my fanfic brain is please lol also I love your nickname Pantalones it's funny :lol:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:07 pm

How did Lunch get the ability to change not only her personality, but also her hair color whenever she sneezes?

Will #17 and 18 ever regain memories of their pre-cyborg lives, including their real names (which I know have already been revealed in guidebooks, but the characters themselves don't know)?
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:32 pm

What I want to know is how a Yardrat got in Jerez's universe.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So Dragon Ball is filled with holes and unanswered question that for some can grind your gear !

My question is simple which question unanswered you want a true answer ?

Me I'd like to Know the real name of Kami/Piccolo son of Katats and what is the name of frieza species.
It's probably piccolo considering thats what opened up the ship that kami came to earth in.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:33 am

Ssjcell wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:So Dragon Ball is filled with holes and unanswered question that for some can grind your gear !

My question is simple which question unanswered you want a true answer ?

Me I'd like to Know the real name of Kami/Piccolo son of Katats and what is the name of frieza species.
It's probably piccolo considering thats what opened up the ship that kami came to earth in.
Wasn't it explained that "piccolo" was Namekian for "home?"

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:51 am

I dont think so man

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:12 am

Why can't the Universe 9 fighters' ki be sensed?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:11 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Why can't the Universe 9 fighters' ki be sensed?
Because they're special.