Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: Unanswered questions that you wish were answered?

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Does Frieza understand that Saiyans have no limits?

And I also want to know why Jaco thinks he is a super elite when everyone else, including his own superiors and comrades think he is a bumbler.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Hulk10 wrote:Does Frieza understand that Saiyans have no limits?

And I also want to know why Jaco thinks he is a super elite when everyone else, including his own superiors and comrades think he is a bumbler.
1) Yes, but he overlooks the fact when put into a corner by one of them.

2) Jaco the Galactic Patrolman is nothing more than a Comic Relief Character.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Steven Bloodriver wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:Does Frieza understand that Saiyans have no limits?

1) Yes, but he overlooks the fact when put into a corner by one of them.

2) Jaco the Galactic Patrolman is nothing more than a Comic Relief Character.
The first one yeah makes sense, the second one is the real reason, but what is the in universe reason?
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Hulk10 wrote:The first one yeah makes sense, the second one is the real reason, but what is the in universe reason?
I think it has more to do with his job title than anything else. The Galactic Patrol are the "super elite," and Jaco is one of them. Despite being a coward, he takes his job seriously and has a lot of pride in that.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 4:15 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:The first one yeah makes sense, the second one is the real reason, but what is the in universe reason?
I think it has more to do with his job title than anything else. The Galactic Patrol are the "super elite," and Jaco is one of them. Despite being a coward, he takes his job seriously and has a lot of pride in that.
You make a compelling case, but I fail to see how the Galactic Patrol is "super elite".

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:16 am

Hulk10 wrote:You make a compelling case, but I fail to see how the Galactic Patrol is "super elite".
They're a police force that travels the galaxy, catching bad guys and bringing them to justice. Doesn't get much more elite than that.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:47 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:You make a compelling case, but I fail to see how the Galactic Patrol is "super elite".
They're a police force that travels the galaxy, catching bad guys and bringing them to justice. Doesn't get much more elite than that.
True but they're weak.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:05 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
True but they're weak.
Weak compared to Freeza and his top soldiers.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:19 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ZeroNeonix wrote:
True but they're weak.
And most Saiyans.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:11 am

Hulk10 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
True but they're weak.
u

And most Saiyans.
The Galactic King was able to stop a planet destroying meteor so that should make him at least as strong as Saiyan Saga Vegeta. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on par with Dodoria or Zarbon.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:39 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:u

And most Saiyans.
The Galactic King was able to stop a planet destroying meteor so that should make him at least as strong as Saiyan Saga Vegeta. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on par with Dodoria or Zarbon.
I'd actually say that would be more likely to be Saiyan Saga Vegeta. But the Galactic Patrol is still weak compared to Frieza and his top soldiers. And because they won't mess with Frieza, they don't seem so elite to me.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:52 pm

- How or what is Zalama?
- Where do the Angels come from?
- Are there other realms and Multiverses besides in known 18?
- Where did Goku get the heart virus from?
- The name and origin of Freeza's race
- Who killed Yamoshi and why?

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:14 pm

How or what is Zalama?

I assume you mean who instead of how. Zalama is the Dragon God who created the Super Dragon Balls. Zalama formed the Super Dragon Balls in the forty-first year of the Divine Calendar.
Where do the Angels come from?

They are stated to be the children of the Grand Priest, who to our knowledge has been around at least as long as Zeno himself.
Are there other realms and Multiverses besides in known 18?
I don't Understand the question
Where did Goku get the heart virus from?

We are meant to believe that this is just a very deadly string of a normal heart virus going around.
The name and origin of Freeza's race
It is unknown, but it is definitely not Arcosians. That is false. The best name we have for them at the moment is ¨Frieza Race¨, although the new Broly movie may give us some insight on this.
Who killed Yamoshi and why?

He was killed by the evil Saiyans on Planet Vegeta after his Super Saiyan God power ran out.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

He was killed by the evil Saiyans on Planet Vegeta after his Super Saiyan God power ran out.
This is a misconception.

Yamoshi was the legendary Super Saiyan that appeared on Planet Sadala but was defeated due to the numbers of the evil Saiyans; his death and subsequent wandering as a spirit is the reason that the SSG ritual exists, and also the reason that the Namekians knew about the Super Saiyan God and Beerus had that dream prophesying the Super Saiyan God who would give him his best fight.

He is a separate individual from the actual first Super Saiyan God that appeared on Planet Vegeta.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:52 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:

This is a misconception.

Yamoshi was the legendary Super Saiyan that appeared on Planet Sadala but was defeated due to the numbers of the evil Saiyans; his death and subsequent wandering as a spirit is the reason that the SSG ritual exists, and also the reason that the Namekians knew about the Super Saiyan God and Beerus had that dream prophesying the Super Saiyan God who would give him his best fight.

He is a separate individual from the actual first Super Saiyan God that appeared on Planet Vegeta.
No he isn't.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:It is unknown, but it is definitely not Arcosians. That is false. The best name we have for them at the moment is ¨Frieza Race¨, although the new Broly movie may give us some insight on this.
What if Toriyama decides to call them Arcosians in the Broly movie?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:03 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote:
This is a misconception.

No he isn't.
Yes he is. Check the interview again; Yamoshi was never called the Super Saiyan God, he sought out a new saviour that was Super Saiyan God.

Yamoshi is the reason the ritual exists, and the interviewer specifically talks about the original SSG brought up in the film. Toriyama answers that Yamoshi became a Super Saiyan; him and his five other righteous-hearted Saiyans were overwhelmed by the evil Saiyans, but his spirit wandered rather than go to Otherworld and sought out 6 righteous Saiyans, which is the reason the SSG ritual exists.

This was all before Planet Vegeta. Here, there's even a link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... pecial-qa/

He was DEFEATED, but his spirit lingered and wandered. He's DEAD; he never became the SSG, he's why the ritual can create one in the first place.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:06 pm

Hulk10 wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: This is a misconception.

No he isn't.
Yes he is. Check the interview again; Yamoshi was never called the Super Saiyan God, he sought out a new saviour that was Super Saiyan God.

Yamoshi is the reason the ritual exists, and the interviewer specifically talks about the original SSG brought up in the film. Toriyama answers that Yamoshi became a Super Saiyan; him and his five other righteous-hearted Saiyans were overwhelmed by the evil Saiyans, but his spirit wandered rather than go to Otherworld and sought out 6 righteous Saiyans, which is the reason the SSG ritual exists.

This was all before Planet Vegeta. Here, there's even a link: http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... pecial-qa/

He was DEFEATED, but his spirit lingered and wandered. He's DEAD; he never became the SSG, he's why the ritual can create one in the first place.
You do seem to be right.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:34 pm

If you wanna know who killed the original Super Saiyan God, it seems implied that Cumber at least had an encounter with him. The evil Saiyan definitely seems like a likely candidate, as he was even able to fight Vegito Blue. And yes, I know that Dragon Ball Heroes is non-canon, but Toriyama did design the character. Unless the we get a special specifically about the original Super Saiyan God, this may be the closest thing to official that we'll ever get.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:01 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote:If you wanna know who killed the original Super Saiyan God, it seems implied that Cumber at least had an encounter with him. The evil Saiyan definitely seems like a likely candidate, as he was even able to fight Vegito Blue. And yes, I know that Dragon Ball Heroes is non-canon, but Toriyama did design the character. Unless the we get a special specifically about the original Super Saiyan God, this may be the closest thing to official that we'll ever get.
Except wasn't is stated that the original SSJG was way stronger than the evil Saiyans he was fighting, and only lost because of the time limit?

Unless Cumber is somehow just that old (immortality wish?) and has been training that entire time...