How do you think an evolution of Super Saiyan Rosé should be called?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JeffBelmont

How do you think an evolution of Super Saiyan Rosé should be called?

Post by JeffBelmont » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:42 pm

I think we all agree that "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution" is a pretty lame name for Vegeta's new form.
Even fans came up with more interesting names, such as "Super Saiyan Royal Blue".
With this in mind, how do you think an evolution of SS Rosé should be called?

Logania
Regular

Re: How do you think an evolution of Super Saiyan Rosé should be called?

Post by Logania » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:17 pm

Well since it's a play on wine, I think Super Saiyan Sparkling Rosé would be ok. This is word play that has ascended beyond word play.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Depends; are we going the flower route or wine route? Or just trying to sound over the top?

Rosé Bouquet? Rosé Chardonnay? Rosé Imperial? Rosé Cotillion?
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:53 am

Rose is an evil/Kaioshin version of Blue so it'd probably look the same and be called "Rose Evolution".
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:59 am

JeffBelmont wrote:I think we all agree that "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution" is a pretty lame name for Vegeta's new form.
Even fans came up with more interesting names, such as "Super Saiyan Royal Blue".
Huh? Not at all, giving names after the color of the hairs is even more lame than mouthful names. I think only "Super Saiyan Rosé" gets a free pass because it might have a symbolization behind it.

Anyway, as for the evolution of Super Saiyan Rosé, it would be: "Super Saiyan Rosé Evolution".
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:01 am

JeffBelmont wrote:I think we all agree that "Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Evolution" is a pretty lame name for Vegeta's new form.
I personally like "Super Saiyan Blue Evolution" because that is exactly what it is supposed to be; an Evolved form of Blue. I like the fan names like Royal Blue.

I guess they would go by the same naming convention for Super Saiyan Rose

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:27 am

If this new evolution were still rose-colored, Black would keep the name 'Super Saiyan Rosé'... maybe he would call it 'Super Saiyan Rosé 2', but he wouldn't change the name. After all, Goku and co. didn't change the name for transformations like 'Super Saiyan 2' or 'Super Saiyan 3'. And let us not forget that the 'rose' was chosen carefully by the writers because of what the flower represents. Rose, a symbol of beauty and splendor, just like Black, who was able to bring Goku's body to the divine beauty that he had sought for so long. And yet, every rose as its thorns. This beautiful metaphor truly fits Zamasu, who at first looks like a calm and benevolent Kai, yet deep inside is a being driven by hatred towards mortals and lust for ultimate power. Altering the name by replacing the word 'rose' would ruin the purpose of the transformation and the symbolism behind it.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:50 pm

Since Rosé is the exact inverse color of Blue's color, I was fiddling with Super Saiyan Blue Evolution and Black's evolution color inversion would be orange.

Super Saiyan Orange. Oh dear. Well there IS orange wine so, hell, anything's possible.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 am

I still doubt it is a play on wine because there is no chouon to lengthen the e at the end of Roze making it sound more like the German Rose, so with a shorter e, instead of Rosé, which would be the result of a longer e. Anyway ... I don't think there should be any evolution.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:21 pm

Super Saiyan Crescent Rose?

Super Saiyan Black Rose?

Super Saiyan Rose Drunk? XD

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:04 am

Oo. Royal Blue. That would have made so much more sense as a Vegeta-exclusive transformation. The "royal" part would had a double meaning, both refering to the shade of blue as well as Vegeta's royal status as prince of Saiyans. Not sure that would have worked the same in Japanese, though.

As for Rosé, Goku Black would have probably given it a name that made him sound beautiful and better than anyone else, because he's pompous like that. Maybe Super Saiyan Perfect Rosé, or Exquisite Rosé.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

sintzu wrote:Rose is an evil/Kaioshin version of Blue so it'd probably look the same and be called "Rose Evolution".
Lol

It’s not some evil version of Blue. Gokou-Black has the mind of a god but body of a Saiyan. It’s explained in the comic that when a god surpasses Super Saiyan God, their hair becomes pink instead of blue.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 16, 2018 1:52 pm

The names for SSGSS, SSB, SSR, and future names are suppose to be lame. The characters are named after foods, cooking utensils, undergarments, and other things.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu May 17, 2018 3:28 am

Super Saiyan Rosé Distilled.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Super Saiyan Crescent Rose?

Super Saiyan Black Rose?

Super Saiyan Rose Drunk? XD
The first one may run into copyright issues, lol.