Who won Goku and Piccolo's first fight?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Re: Who won Goku and Piccolo's first fight?

Post by 90sDBZ » Thu May 03, 2018 4:06 am

Here's the thing. If it wasn't a Tournament then Goku likely wouldn't have let his guard down during the count, so Piccolo wouldn't have had the chance to blast a hole in him from behind and Goku would have won anyway. And Goku allowed Piccolo to hit him for free earlier after Kami's earlier interference, so that wouldn't make any difference.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu May 03, 2018 6:44 am

KBABZ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
KBABZ wrote:Okay, but that was after the match was officially declared over.
That isn't what this thread is about.
Okay, but how many times have we had a combatant down and out only to be restored by a Senzu Bean given to them by Krillin or somebody else? Gohan would have almost certainly died by Recoome's kick, and Cell would have lost a LOT quicker had Goku not given him the Senzu Bean.
Where'd you get that idea?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu May 03, 2018 7:01 am

ABED wrote:
KBABZ wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote: That isn't what this thread is about.
Okay, but how many times have we had a combatant down and out only to be restored by a Senzu Bean given to them by Krillin or somebody else? Gohan would have almost certainly died by Recoome's kick, and Cell would have lost a LOT quicker had Goku not given him the Senzu Bean.
Where'd you get that idea?
Could you be more specific? Which idea?

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu May 03, 2018 8:16 am

That Cell would've been defeated sooner had it not been for the senzu. What makes you think Gohan could've defeated Cell prior to going SSJ2?
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Thu May 03, 2018 4:26 pm

He'd spit out 18 in one hit and not two I guess lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu May 03, 2018 7:07 pm

ABED wrote:That Cell would've been defeated sooner had it not been for the senzu. What makes you think Gohan could've defeated Cell prior to going SSJ2?
Well I didn't mean quite like that, but I think that, for example, Gohan punching Cell back to Semi-Perfect form might have outright killed him because he had less energy.

Come to think of it, Cell would have had less energy and might not have been able to make the Cell Jrs... so... was Goku right in giving him a Senzu?

Anyway, back on the fight itself, Piccolo was weak enough that I think he might have died had Goku not given him a Senzu (if he thought Piccolo would live, why give him the Senzu in the first place?).