How Much Stronger Did Perfect Cell Get From Making His Body Huge?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Much Stronger Did Perfect Cell Get From Making His Body Huge?

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 07, 2018 5:08 am

It works like SSJG3 but Cell seemed to take it up a notch further by not just making his muscles larger but his entire body. He completely doubled his height and was probably a lot heavier too since the anime depicted his movements with a much louder sound. Just how much stronger was he though? It was evidently not enough to be any significant amount greater than SSJ2 Gohan as the Saiyan child could injure Cell still. Or does Cell's version of SSJG3 not grant him additional durability but just greater raw strength?
Where would you place him?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: How Much Stronger Did Perfect Cell Get From Making His Body Huge?

Post by TobyS » Wed May 09, 2018 6:51 pm

theherodjl wrote:It works like SSJG3 but Cell seemed to take it up a notch further by not just making his muscles larger but his entire body. He completely doubled his height and was probably a lot heavier too since the anime depicted his movements with a much louder sound. Just how much stronger was he though? It was evidently not enough to be any significant amount greater than SSJ2 Gohan as the Saiyan child could injure Cell still. Or does Cell's version of SSJG3 not grant him additional durability but just greater raw strength?
Where would you place him?
Trunks got stronger then his previous self and stronger than (what turned out to be supressed Cell).
At the time it was believed he had the power but not the speed to do it.

Trunks literally says "It made the same mistake it mocked me for" or something like that in Viz.

The implication is Cell had enough ki to fight SS2 Gohan, but it would never have been fast enough to win.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Wed May 09, 2018 8:41 pm

Grade 3 is stated to be a 10x boost and Cell's buff form is stated to be the Grade 3 transformation. So Power stressed Cell is 10x stronger than regular Perfect Cell. Cell had the power but not the speed to beat Gohan, just like the situation with Trunks.

Base Gohan: 63,000,000
Super Saiyan Gohan: 3,150,000,000
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan: 6,300,000,000

Perfect Cell(Full Power): 4,200,000,000
Perfect Cell(Power Stressed): 42,000,000,000

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:28 pm

If Cell's so much stronger than Gohan, then why he's throwing up and crying on his knees after two hits?
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed May 09, 2018 9:44 pm

I thought it was based on Piccolo's ability to increase his size, not a SSJ transformation.

Like with Piccolo, it didn't really help much.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 10, 2018 10:31 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I thought it was based on Piccolo's ability to increase his size, not a SSJ transformation.

Like with Piccolo, it didn't really help much.
Chapter: 411 (DBZ 217), P8.1
Context: after Cell bulks up
Trunks: “He’s using a transformation that’s too concerned with power, so his speed can’t keep up…Cell himself is making the same mistake he pointed out to me…! He’s really lost it…”

Trunks confirms that Cell was using a form similar to SSJG3 along with the limitations as well.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu May 10, 2018 10:42 am

supersaiyangodgogeta wrote:Grade 3 is stated to be a 10x boost and Cell's buff form is stated to be the Grade 3 transformation. So Power stressed Cell is 10x stronger than regular Perfect Cell. Cell had the power but not the speed to beat Gohan, just like the situation with Trunks.

Base Gohan: 63,000,000
Super Saiyan Gohan: 3,150,000,000
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan: 6,300,000,000

Perfect Cell(Full Power): 4,200,000,000
Perfect Cell(Power Stressed): 42,000,000,000
Are you talking about that Spanish-language manga cover that claimed that SSJG3 Trunks had 10x the strength of the ordinary SSJ form? That is completely invalid because it never appeared anywhere in either Japanese or even Viz's English translations and is a totally made-up figure for the sake of another region's typography. That figure is illogical anyways because Buff Cell should not be able to be harmed in anyway by someone that is 1/7th of his strength.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Trunks suffered a few blows before being handled quite a beating from supressed Cell, but was still in the fight, he could get up and go at it again with no problem, while Cell could only withstand two blows from Gohan, he could hardly keep his guts together and was not up at all for a third strike. So I don't think he was nowhere near as strong as Gohan, the damage he received was gigantic even though it being from just two hits.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Fri May 11, 2018 12:26 pm

Cell's overall power did increase beyond his actual "full-powered" state. However, if his power "level" was greater than SS2 Gohan's, then everything else should have decreased dramatically: durability, speed, combat ability, etc. He gained an enormous amount of power (even exceeding SS2 Gohan's), but lost every other skill. Which I think is the reason why SS2 Gohan took care of this form of Cell quite easily, because this form lacked everything but POWER.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19