Which regeneration ability is greater? Hulk's or Majin Buu?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Which regeneration ability is greater? Hulk's or Majin Buu?

Post by Sonofman » Fri May 11, 2018 12:38 pm

I was wondering about this question for awhile and no-one seemed to talk about it. the Hulk has some insane regeneration ability, but is it greater (or roughly the same) as Majin Buu's? Let me know your thoughts below.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Which regeneration ability is greater? Hulk's or Majin Buu?

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri May 11, 2018 12:58 pm

DEFINITELY lesser.

The Hulk is ultimately still Human and has limits; Majin Buu is a magical piece of bubblegum that can fight back.

The former can eventually have his stamina depleted; the latter can't even be killed unless every single fibre of his being is destroyed.

tasuxeda

Post by tasuxeda » Fri May 11, 2018 1:05 pm

For all practical purposes Majin Buu's regeneration is much better than the Hulk's regeneration however Hulk's regeneration grows stronger the angrier he is so in theory if he got mad enough he might equal or surpass Majin Buu's regeneration however I don't think Hulk has managed to become that angry before.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri May 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Majin Buu can create entire clones of himself from just 1 cell. Hulk and Deadpool's regenerative abilities are both impressive as they can both grow their heads even if decapitated, but they can't make clones of themselves. I mean logically, information is required to regrow something from nothing and that information comes from DNA which 1 cell is sufficient to provide. However, DNA does not contain "memory" which would rather be in neurons, which is why technically, when the head is chopped off, in most pop culture, they regenerate into a mindless zombie or one with memory loss. In Buu's case, he is a creature created since time immemorial that is pure evil. Regardless of whether he remembers, he would do the same thing and have the same personality. I also think that Buu's cells contain memory as well.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:DEFINITELY lesser.

The Hulk is ultimately still Human and has limits; Majin Buu is a magical piece of bubblegum that can fight back.

The former can eventually have his stamina depleted; the latter can't even be killed unless every single fibre of his being is destroyed.
Majin Buu's stamina CAN indeed be depleted. This was shown when Fat Buu vs Kid Buu where Fat Buu was running out of energy even if he could regenerate, he had no energy left to fight. It also takes energy and concentration to regenerate. Immortal Zamasu could also regenerate similarly. In the manga, immortality was rather infinite regeneration which allowed Zamasu to be killed if all his cells were killed before they could regenerate. In the anime, Zamasu existed ethereal, intangible, without a body.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 11, 2018 2:10 pm

This is a silly thread but I will point out that in one future timeline the Hulk was able to return from complete nothingness, although I don't know if that is canon or not.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:This is a silly thread but I will point out that in one future timeline the Hulk was able to return from complete nothingness, although I don't know if that is canon or not.
Probably not. There's a whole lot of side-stories that deal with where the characters will end up once they're old or older but none of them are truly canon because each main story arc changes the history of the current universe. I'd say that since the universe was reborn after the debacle with the Beyonders, that every alternate offshoot of events that existed in the previous iteration of Eternity is now invalid to the reborn Eternity.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: