Can An Oozaru Use SSJ Forms Above The Ordinary SSJ1?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Can An Oozaru Use SSJ Forms Above The Ordinary SSJ1?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun May 13, 2018 3:23 pm

IDK, Maybe?

How would we know?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon May 14, 2018 3:38 pm

I'll repost something I wrote in another section-
but first a preamble:

All the base Super Saiyan forms are nothing more than "tweaks" on the basic Super Saiyan transformation.
Manipulating the transformation in various way, a Saiyan can get stronger forms.
But they aren't necessarily efficient: Toriyama himself stated that with enough training, a SS1 could become stronger than a SS3.
We have already seen some of this with Rage Vegeta and Manga Trunks getting on the level of a SS3 while still in SS2.

Oozaru is normally a berserker state with heightened emotions.
Once transformed, a Saiyan capable of going Super Saiyan defaults on the base transformation, as the other transformations require a degree of control that a berserker cannot achieve.
Likewise, a Saiyan able to control himself as Golden Oozaru automatically transforms into SS4.

So, here the aforementioned post(a couple of points might have been repeated)
ankokudaishogun wrote:Golden Oozaru are, for all purposes and intents "Super Saiyan Oozaru".
Except they are berserker: once controlled, they become SS4.

This actually links to Kale and her berserker form being called "the original form of Saiyans": basically, Kale activates the mind\personality of Oozaru in normal body, which makes her go automatically max power Super Saiyan because Oozaru is a heightened emotions state.
But the actual Super Saiyan state is a controlled one: so she doesn't really get to be called "Super Saiyan".
In short, Berserker Kale is basically a Golden Ozaru in a normal body, only lacking the x10 multiplier given by the (lack of) physical transformation in a giant-ass were-monkey.
Atavism of sort.

Now, the SS4 transformation appears to override whatever hair-color change affects the super saiyan\oozaru form of the user.

While it's reasonable it would apply also to God and Blue, we must remember they are the way they are because a change in the QUALITY of Ki(normal->god), something other Super Saiyan forms don't have(Legendary included): the other forms only change the QUANTITY of Ki.
Now, I do believe only the God form should be analyzed: the secondary color change in Blue\Rosé would probably be nullified in SS4 the same way as the standard Super Saiyan colors do. Blue is, after all, just going Super Saiyan with the power of a (Super Saiyan)God: a change of Quantity over a change of Quality.

So, would a SSG turning Oozaru have a different colored fur? Probably not: Oozaru is a wild transformation. It's unlikely it would be able to use God Ki, which is apparently quite difficult to use. It would likely default to Golden Ozaru.

But a controlled Golden Ozaru of somebody able to go God? Golden Oozaru did seem to more or less automatically turn into SS4 once controlled.

So it would be:
SSG->Golden Ozakur(no God Ki)->SS4, at which point the user would\should\might be able to switch to God Ki.

So, what color would be a SS4 using God Ki? We have no idea.(though I'd like it being basically Gogeta SS4)

Last note on this: in DBHeroes, the Saiyan Avatars keep their normal hair when going Blue. We have no idea WHY, but I'm head-canoning it's because their tails. It's the only difference between them and Goku&Vegeta.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Mon May 21, 2018 1:08 pm

Just going off non-canon stuff, you get a lot of contradictory information.
Because if you include GT but not the games like Heroes, then it's still fuzzy because we never got any real information on what the Golden Oozaru was. It's a transformation of an entirely different transformation, sort of like going Super Saiyan while using Super Saiyan God ki. Or maybe it's a different sort of Super Saiyan? There's a lot of questions there.
If you include the games, Broly. If you ever want to fuck up discussions of Dragon Ball transformation logic, just include Broly.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.