Unconventional solutions (to Goku's heart virus and other things)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Unconventional solutions (to Goku's heart virus and other things)

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun May 13, 2018 8:38 pm

In Future Trunks' timeline, they couldn't wish Goku back because he died naturally. People ask why they didn't just wish the virus away before it could kill him, or why they didn't just wish for the medicine. I prefer to think up more unconventional solutions that just might be strange enough to work. For example, do you think they could just wish for Goku to have two hearts? The bad one would die and you could just remove it with surgery, and he'd still have a healthy heart. Although, the virus might simply spread to this heart, too, and maybe he'd even die twice as fast.

If Vegeta heard Goku was sick and they couldn't wish back people who died naturally, might he just walk up to Goku and blow his head off with a Galick Gun? Then he wouldn't have died naturally and they could wish him back. The problem is, he'd probably just come back and still have the heart virus. My last idea is to just wish for him to be immortal. Maybe this would mean biological immortality, or invulernability, or both, but if it makes him immune to the disease they could just spend a year creating the medicine and making sure he takes it, because a year later they would wish his immortality away, since he wouldn't want to keep it. I mean, the Androids would show up to kill him but he'd say tough luck, I'm immortal.

What are some other stupid or weird ways characters could have tried to solve problems?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Unconventional solutions (to Goku's heart virus and other things)

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 14, 2018 6:56 am

Given that the majority of DBZ villains aren't immune to illness, injury, or bodily functions then it seems like it would've been an idea to try and infect the Androids with the very same heart virus that Goku died from; the medicine may be hard to come by since the world is in ruins so they could easily die from it as well.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri May 18, 2018 3:45 pm

Makes me think of an AU where Goku was placed in suspended animation, not dead.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Fri May 18, 2018 5:03 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:If Vegeta heard Goku was sick and they couldn't wish back people who died naturally, might he just walk up to Goku and blow his head off with a Galick Gun? Then he wouldn't have died naturally and they could wish him back. The problem is, he'd probably just come back and still have the heart virus.
This is (close to) a scenario I've thought about myself. Goku gets his heart attack, so they get Vegeta to blast his heart out, obviously killing him in the process. (Vegeta would not be against this as it's hard to have a rematch against a dead guy. He's also one of the fastest people they have available at that point, and they have very limited time.) Now that Goku's death isn't natural anymore, they can wish him back with Porunga. To do this, they need to find him, so they wish to Shenron for someone to be sent to New Namek. This teleported person first wishes to Porunga for Goku's body to be fixed/healed, then for him to be resurrected, and finally to go home. All this should solve the situation. It's extremely unorthodox, but I don't see any logical issues.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sat May 19, 2018 2:46 pm

Alruneia wrote:This is (close to) a scenario I've thought about myself. Goku gets his heart attack, so they get Vegeta to blast his heart out, obviously killing him in the process. (Vegeta would not be against this as it's hard to have a rematch against a dead guy. He's also one of the fastest people they have available at that point, and they have very limited time.) Now that Goku's death isn't natural anymore, they can wish him back with Porunga. To do this, they need to find him, so they wish to Shenron for someone to be sent to New Namek. This teleported person first wishes to Porunga for Goku's body to be fixed/healed, then for him to be resurrected, and finally to go home. All this should solve the situation. It's extremely unorthodox, but I don't see any logical issues.
They wouldn't need the wish to go home, they could just have someone on Earth tell Goku to use his Instant Transmission now that he's in action, and go to New Namek to pick them up. I thought of another method today that might work better, in case reviving him just brings him back with the heart virus again. They would use the Earth dragon balls to wish themselves to New Namek, and use the Namekian wishes as follows:

1: Create a copy of Goku's body as it was right before he got the heart virus.
2: Transfer Goku's spirit into that body.

They might have to revive the body first. Goku would probably have to retrain a bit because his body would have reverted.