How Strong Would Goku Have Become If He Was The Only Relevant Fighter On Earth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

How Strong Would Goku Have Become If He Was The Only Relevant Fighter On Earth?

Post by theherodjl » Mon May 28, 2018 1:48 am

Suppose that several incidents went down that prevented the Z Senshi's members, except for Goku, from living long enough to meet Goku in DB? Krillin died in Orin Temple from his jerkish bullies taking things too far. Roshi died of old age. Yamcha died of heat stroke in the desert. Yajirobe became ill from his lifestyle in the wild then passed on. Tenshinhan & Chaozu refused to kill innocent people as part of their training, and so Tsuru Sennin had Taopaipai kill them for their defiance. Grandpa Gohan gets squashed like in the main story arc. How powerful could Goku get by training on his own without these key members?
If the traditional strength gains are not enough then suppose Goku had access to the absurd power leaps that DBS applied?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: How Strong Would Goku Have Become If He Was The Only Relevant Fighter On Earth?

Post by Meshack » Tue May 29, 2018 8:56 pm

Gokou wouldn’t have progressed the way he had because of his rivals like Klilyn and Ten if they died prior. It really depends. Since Kame-Sennin can’t die because of his age he would have still trained with him.

sintzu
Banned

Re: How Strong Would Goku Have Become If He Was The Only Relevant Fighter On Earth?

Post by sintzu » Thu May 31, 2018 8:35 am

Those people were who pushed him to be as strong as he was so without them he would've likely gotten killed by King Piccolo (if Pilaf let him out) or by Raditz.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Thu May 31, 2018 9:50 am

Agreed with what was already explained. Those people functioned as impetuses for Goku to strive for greater heights. Without them, his comprehension of the contested nature of martial arts wouldn't be nearly so ingrained as it was. Come to think of it, he may not even get past Monster Carrot since Yamcha and Puar were pivotal in allowing Goku's group to regain the initiative. Should we assume that the unlikely is achieved, however, I expect Goku to have killed Bulma in an ironic manner similar to his unwilling crushing of his own grandfather during the climax of the Pilaf arc. He wouldn't be aware of what occurred the previous night and might assume that Bulma just got away and took off. From here, Goku might wander the lands in search of his grandfather's 4 star Dragonball or he might return home. No matter what his ultimate fate is death. It was Roshi's training regimen that instilled the kind of ethics and labour style Goku needed to push himself beyond the limits of human normalcy. Without it, he may not even get to his 21st tournament level of power.

So I think the ultimate result is that Goku increases his power to a level superior to what he boasted at the beginning of Dragon Ball but lower than what he had achieved in the first tournament. If by some miracle the Red Ribbon Army doesn't kill him while searching for the four star Dragonball then Raditz's inevitable appearance would see to it as he naturally isn't going to join forces with a genocidal maniac.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:52 am

He wouldn't have survived General Blue, and without the kamehame ha, he would've died at Muscle Tower by the hands of the Terminator or at General White's basement against that thing. No way he'd live long enough to meet Piccolo

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:00 am

So is everyone going to ignore the much greater gains that Goku could receive if DBS's logic is applied to the situation?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:01 am

theherodjl wrote:So is everyone going to ignore the much greater gains that Goku could receive if DBS's logic is applied to the situation?
What logic are you referring to?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:24 am

Simere wrote:
theherodjl wrote:So is everyone going to ignore the much greater gains that Goku could receive if DBS's logic is applied to the situation?
I'm talking about characters like Roshi going from his DB levels to being worthy of competing in the ToP, Krillin going from somewhere below First Form Freeza to tagging Base Gohan, and Tenshinhan going from being somewhere above Burter & Jeice to beating a dude who can dismember Piccolo. Surely with all these gains from mere humans, Goku ought to be able to do so as a Saiyan?

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:52 am

theherodjl wrote:
Simere wrote:
I'm talking about characters like Roshi going from his DB levels to being worthy of competing in the ToP, Krillin going from somewhere below First Form Freeza to tagging Base Gohan, and Tenshinhan going from being somewhere above Burter & Jeice to beating a dude who can dismember Piccolo. Surely with all these gains from mere humans, Goku ought to be able to do so as a Saiyan?
"Worthy of competing in the ToP" ?
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 am

TheZFighter wrote:"Worthy of competing in the ToP" ?
Is there a problem here?

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:26 am

theherodjl wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:"Worthy of competing in the ToP" ?
Is there a problem here?
What exactly does "worthy of competing in the ToP" actually mean? We have literally no idea of the power and skill of the vast majority of ToP competitors. Just seems like a bit of an empty and meaningless phrase to me.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:36 am

TheZFighter wrote:What exactly does "worthy of competing in the ToP" actually mean? We have literally no idea of the power and skill of the vast majority of ToP competitors. Just seems like a bit of an empty and meaningless phrase to me.
Ok? Roshi was asked to be in the ToP over the likes of Goten & Trunks(by extension, Gotenks too), and most especially, over Yamcha. He wasn't even eliminated until after Krillin & Tenshinhan were, and he also fought Frost who eliminated Krillin then prevented Vegeta from being eliminated by that same guy.
It has to have some meaning if Roshi, previously on the level of mere DB characters mere months before the ToP, could perform so well. All the universes didn't choose their competitors for nothing.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:31 pm

theherodjl wrote:
TheZFighter wrote:What exactly does "worthy of competing in the ToP" actually mean? We have literally no idea of the power and skill of the vast majority of ToP competitors. Just seems like a bit of an empty and meaningless phrase to me.
Ok? Roshi was asked to be in the ToP over the likes of Goten & Trunks(by extension, Gotenks too), and most especially, over Yamcha. He wasn't even eliminated until after Krillin & Tenshinhan were, and he also fought Frost who eliminated Krillin then prevented Vegeta from being eliminated by that same guy.
It has to have some meaning if Roshi, previously on the level of mere DB characters mere months before the ToP, could perform so well. All the universes didn't choose their competitors for nothing.
I just think this tournament was set up in a way where, latter stages aside, "power level" or however you want to put it wasn't necessarily the be-all and end-all.

Using Roshi as an example, he has about four lifetime's worth of fighting experience and is incredibly skilled with a number of techniques that were useful for a tournament such as this (Mafuba, for example), plus the rules of the tournament meant his lack of flying ability wasn't exposed. Personally, although its been made apparent Roshi has been training, nothing has made me feel he's suddenly on par with the big boys.

Also, I don't think the order of elimination is an indicator of anything during the earlier stages of the tournament. I'd still put Roshi as the weakest member of Team U7.

You've listed three potential competitors who are all stronger than Roshi, but still weren't selected yourself. I mean, they probably did for the most part, but we have no way of knowing whether other universes had stronger competitors who weren't selected.
Z-Fighters fan.