Base Saiyans > Ssj2 Gohan 25th Budokai ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Base Saiyans > Ssj2 Gohan 25th Budokai ?

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:19 am

READ FIRST!!!

This is nothing more than a possibility, so whoever's about to jump out of their seats with guns on their shoulders, settle down

As we already know, Gohan's Ki filled almost half of the amount of energy needed to revive Buu:

In this same scan Dabura says that the energy from the 3 Saiyans (Goku, Gohan and Vegeta) will be enough to fill the other half. Meaning Base Saiyans' energies are relative to Ssj2 Gohan at the very bottom least.

The energy Spopovitch and Yamu took from Gohan could be even more than what Gohan showed to Kibito and the others since they took the energy hidden inside Gohan anyways. At that time Dabura wasn't aware of Super Saiyans and he even underestimated them in his head to Pui Pui's level, yet he still considers them powerful enough that they'd fill the second half.

Thoughts? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :wtf: :wtf:
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Base Saiyans > Ssj2 Gohan 25th Budokai ?

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:33 am

TBH, I honestly think that's how strong the base Saiyans are now currently as of the TOP arc in their base forms.

I'm basing that presumption off episode 79,80, 88, 90 and 98 of Super, where the base Saiyans do fight warriors on that level(namely Piccolo).

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:22 am

Nuh uh. If we go by Vegeta's assessment of Goku's power, he didn't acknowledge that Goku had surpassed SSJ2 Gohan until Goku himself went SSJ2.

Chapter: 458 (DBZ 264), P8.1-4
Context: as Goku and Vegeta are about to fight
Goku: “I don’t wanna take any damage from you and have it become Majin Boo’s energy…So I’m gonna end this quickly, at maximum power.”
Vegeta: “I’m looking forward to this…Show me the fruits of your training in the afterlife. *Goku transforms into Super Saiyan 2* Just as I’d expect. Your power is greater than Gohan’s was back then!”

Dabura, Babidi, and even Kaioshin(despite actually being present for SSJ2 Gohan) were all very ignorant of the power that Goku, Vegeta, and Gohan had. They were guessing for the most part. Had any of them done their homework(looking at you, Kaioshin) then they would have shown a much, more accurate assessment of the Saiyans instead of that poor-excuse-for-story-writing crap show that we were treated to.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:31 am

theherodjl wrote:
There's far into it than that. If you manage to prove that Ssj2 multiplier from the Cell Games > Ssj2 multiplier on the usual line, then the argument would stand completely unscathed.
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 am

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
There's far into it than that. If you manage to prove that Ssj2 multiplier from the Cell Games > Ssj2 multiplier on the usual line, then the argument would stand completely unscathed.
Why would I need to prove that??? Since Vegeta is saying that Goku is stronger than SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell Games then why would it need to be proven that he also would be stronger than Gohan 7 years later? Are you implying that Gohan's SSJ2 is stronger as a teenager than it was when he was a child? If so, how could Gohan have improved it? Saiyans do seem to access more of their potential power as they become adults, but that shouldn't increase the strength of their forms necessarily.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:53 am

theherodjl wrote:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Why would I need to prove that??? Since Vegeta is saying that Goku is stronger than SSJ2 Gohan from the Cell Games then why would it need to be proven that he also would be stronger than Gohan 7 years later? Are you implying that Gohan's SSJ2 is stronger as a teenager than it was when he was a child? If so, how could Gohan have improved it? Saiyans do seem to access more of their potential power as they become adults, but that shouldn't increase the strength of their forms necessarily.
*facepalms* I didn't tell you to. Also, you messed the point horribly. Ssj2 boost in the cell games could be argued to be > 2x Ssj. If that argument is proven, then the argument you posted becomes reputable and would lose its correlation to the issue.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:30 am

It took goku going ss2 for majin vegeta for vegeta to confirm goku had surpassed gohans level from the cell games. The power that goku used vs yakon which let vegeta know goku had also achieved ssj2 wasn't enough for him to be sure of that.

Also while ssj2 goku and majin vegeta were > cell games gohan, the gap doesn't appear to be anything massive based on piccolo statement about majin vegeta so there is no conceivable way base goku/vegeta buu arc were > cell games ssj2 gohan

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:49 am

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Please stop using the word "proof" in discussions like this. Your opinion isnt suddenly proof if you post scans alongside it. All of this is subjective to some extent. You can keep your view as objective as possible but at the end of the day it is just your view and your opinion

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:38 am

PFM18 wrote:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Please stop using the word "proof" in discussions like this. Your opinion isnt suddenly proof if you post scans alongside it. All of this is subjective to some extent. You can keep your view as objective as possible but at the end of the day it is just your view and your opinion
Huh? Why are you accusing me of claiming what I'm saying as factual and undebatable? Why did I even make a post about it to see others' opinions? Nice ad hominem here.

"Proof" and "Evidence" are both terms which exist that can be used to support one's point high and objectively. Also I said "if you prove" as in manage to show evidence or proof regarding the matter. But that doesn't mean it's no longer judgemental. You got the wrong idea bud

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:03 am

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
Huh? Why are you accusing me of claiming what I'm saying as factual and undebatable? Why did I even make a post about it to see others' opinions? Nice ad hominem here.

"Proof" and "Evidence" are both terms which exist that can be used to support one's point high and objectively. Also I said "if you prove" as in manage to show evidence or proof regarding the matter. But that doesn't mean it's no longer judgemental. You got the wrong idea bud
I am just saying that you shouldn't be using the word "proof" or "prove" because those words do not apply in conversations like this. I am not insulting you or anything like you are implying.