Would The Offspring Of A Hakaishin Be Naturally Strong?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would The Offspring Of A Hakaishin Be Naturally Strong?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:35 pm

Maybe even possess some Hakaishin abilities themselves? Or is it a case of the offspring born weak & having massive potential, and needing to train to be able to use any degree of said potential? Could the offspring eventually be even stronger than their Hakaishin parent? What is the verdict?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Would The Offspring Of A Hakaishin Be Naturally Strong?

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:14 pm

I'd say yes. Goten was much stronger at age 7 than gohan was at age 7 and gohan had way more training/actual fighting experience. Now Toriyama can say its the s-cells/lack of tails but that still wouldn't explain goten being possibly cell saga super saiyan level since ssj just amplifies your natural power. Based on this i would argue battle power of the parents plays a huge role in the power of the offspring

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:42 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:I'd say yes. Goten was much stronger at age 7 than gohan was at age 7 and gohan had way more training/actual fighting experience. Now Toriyama can say its the s-cells/lack of tails but that still wouldn't explain goten being possibly cell saga super saiyan level since ssj just amplifies your natural power. Based on this i would argue battle power of the parents plays a huge role in the power of the offspring
It's not even strictly a Saiyan kind of thing.

Marron is implied in DBS to be stronger than she appears when Krillin gets a bit worried about her wanting to help Goten and Trunks protect the island, even though there's been no direct implication that 18 and Krillin having a kid would produce anything beyond a regular Human; heck, she was the only one not scuffed up in the slightest in the ending slides whilst Goten and Trunks look like they had a really hard time.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:57 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:I'd say yes. Goten was much stronger at age 7 than gohan was at age 7 and gohan had way more training/actual fighting experience. Now Toriyama can say its the s-cells/lack of tails but that still wouldn't explain goten being possibly cell saga super saiyan level since ssj just amplifies your natural power. Based on this i would argue battle power of the parents plays a huge role in the power of the offspring
It's not even strictly a Saiyan kind of thing.

Marron is implied in DBS to be stronger than she appears when Krillin gets a bit worried about her wanting to help Goten and Trunks protect the island, even though there's been no direct implication that 18 and Krillin having a kid would produce anything beyond a regular Human; heck, she was the only one not scuffed up in the slightest in the ending slides whilst Goten and Trunks look like they had a really hard time.
Meh, That just seems like toei trying to push marron "hey guize she's totally gonna be relevant". We all know what happens at end of z and nothing in the original manga or probably in the draft for dbs suggests marron is anything but I do get your point