Is there any In-Universe Logic that would explain the ToP Genki Dama being as strong as it is?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is there any In-Universe Logic that would explain the ToP Genki Dama being as strong as it is?

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:11 pm

I know this is In-Universe Discussion but i put that in the title just so i don't get the rare "plot" answer.

8 person genki dama somehow becomes strong enough to impress/worry hakaishins yet in the buu arc goku needed billions of life forms outside of just his friends to be confident about killing kid buu who was only as strong as goku was.

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Is there any In-Universe Logic that would explain the ToP Genki Dama being as strong as it is?

Post by TobyS » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:44 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:I know this is In-Universe Discussion but i put that in the title just so i don't get the rare "plot" answer.

8 person genki dama somehow becomes strong enough to impress/worry hakaishins yet in the buu arc goku needed billions of life forms outside of just his friends to be confident about killing kid buu who was only as strong as goku was.
Yeah that bugged the shit out of me even though I try and not be a power level nerd these days.

My headcanon is, from outside the universe, he was able to draw genki from all of u7.

Sure he didn't get the “voluntarily stick your arms up and give me all the energy rather than just some” benefit he got with the Buu bomb, but he got some from the entire universe rather than just earth, namek and maybe the check in station (if that was in the manga?)

This explains why it was more powerful. Even though there's no proof he did it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Is there any In-Universe Logic that would explain the ToP Genki Dama being as strong as it is?

Post by BlueVegerot » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:47 pm

TobyS wrote:
BlueVegerot wrote:I know this is In-Universe Discussion but i put that in the title just so i don't get the rare "plot" answer.

Yeah that bugged the shit out of me even though I try and not be a power level nerd these days.

My headcanon is, from outside the universe, he was able to draw genki from all of u7.

Sure he didn't get the “voluntarily stick your arms up and give me all the energy rather than just some” benefit he got with the Buu bomb, but he got some from the entire universe rather than just earth, namek and maybe the check in station (if that was in the manga?)

This explains why it was more powerful. Even though there's no proof he did it.
Thing is the world of void is a place that you can only get to if the grand priest lets you, even the angels had to ask him to open the gates to it so I can't see the universe sending goku energy

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:54 pm

The way I see it, there are a few factors to consider.

One factor could be that the Genkidama damages to a certain degree irrespective of the target's power level; only the Genkidama's own size and strength matters. So, for example, a small one can only knock out someone like Saiyan Arc Vegeta who had already taken quite a beating, a much bigger one can almost kill an unkillable bastard like Namek Arc Freeza or SSB Goku with a lot of struggle on their part, and a massive one can kill even a super regenerator like Pure Buu. Since Jiren is only "merely" a tough unkillable bastard and not a super regenerator, he'll survive the Genkidama level being thrown at him.

That brings me to my next potential factor. Goku was only trying to defeat Jiren, not kill him. So, he made it strong enough to accomplish that.

My final potential factor is predicated on the contributors themselves. Every member of team Universe 7 was immensely strong, far stronger than they've ever been before, and their Genki is healthier and more powerful than ever before. Thus, together, they managed to create a Genkidama that would've beaten Jiren had it hit and almost killed Goku.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:14 pm

All of the main cast, excluding the humans (Krillin and Tenshinhan) are monstrously more powerful than there Z-era counterparts. Like, Vegeta, in his base form, shortly after the events of the Champa arc, was strong enough to tank an attack from SSJ3 Gotenks. And the likes of Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, #17, Freeza and even #18 are wwwaaaaaaaayyyy above that.

And considering that the stronger you get, the larger your pool of Ki expands, naturally, the heavy hitters like Gohan, Freeza, Piccolo and #17 can donate far more Ki then they would have been able to compared to when they lent their Ki to Goku's Genki Dama in his battle against Kid Boo, making the Genki Dama against Jiren infinitely more potent in power and strength than the previous Genki Dama in the Majin Boo arc.

And that's not even taking into consideration that #17 and #18 have an infinite energy source so they can lend as much power as they please.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:00 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:All of the main cast, excluding the humans (Krillin and Tenshinhan) are monstrously more powerful than there Z-era counterparts. Like, Vegeta, in his base form, shortly after the events of the Champa arc, was strong enough to tank an attack from SSJ3 Gotenks. And the likes of Goku, Piccolo, Gohan, #17, Freeza and even #18 are wwwaaaaaaaayyyy above that.

And considering that the stronger you get, the larger your pool of Ki expands, naturally, the heavy hitters like Gohan, Freeza, Piccolo and #17 can donate far more Ki then they would have been able to compared to when they lent their Ki to Goku's Genki Dama in his battle against Kid Boo, making the Genki Dama against Jiren infinitely more potent in power and strength than the previous Genki Dama in the Majin Boo arc.

And that's not even taking into consideration that #17 and #18 have an infinite energy source so they can lend as much power as they please.
Genki has nothing to do with strength. Genki is spirit energy - you only have so much.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:46 am

Nope. Just like Trunks' Spirit Sword against Zamasu.