Could a robot be programmed to fight with Ultra Instinct?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Could a robot be programmed to fight with Ultra Instinct?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 12:17 am

Say that Dr. Gero, Paparoni, or someone gathers a bunch of data on Goku's Ultra Instinct form and other UI fighters like the angels and then inputs that data into a robot, and perhaps the robot can also have nanotechnology or something spread throughout its body so that each of its body parts can react independently. Could a robot like this fight as effectively as someone who has mastered Ultra Instinct?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Could a robot be programmed to fight with Ultra Instinct?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:36 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Say that Dr. Gero, Paparoni, or someone gathers a bunch of data on Goku's Ultra Instinct form and other UI fighters like the angels and then inputs that data into a robot, and perhaps the robot can also have nanotechnology or something spread throughout its body so that each of its body parts can react independently. Could a robot like this fight as effectively as someone who has mastered Ultra Instinct?
I don't think an ordinary robot could do it since they're programmed to react to what they actively perceive, and the concept of UI is unconsciously fighting without letting the active mind & senses dictate their blows. A cyborg may be able to do it though.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:12 am

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Say that Dr. Gero, Paparoni, or someone gathers a bunch of data on Goku's Ultra Instinct form and other UI fighters like the angels and then inputs that data into a robot, and perhaps the robot can also have nanotechnology or something spread throughout its body so that each of its body parts can react independently. Could a robot like this fight as effectively as someone who has mastered Ultra Instinct?
I don't think an ordinary robot could do it since they're programmed to react to what they actively perceive, and the concept of UI is unconsciously fighting without letting the active mind & senses dictate their blows. A cyborg may be able to do it though.
That is why I suggested that nanotechnology processors should be installed in every part of its body they can all react independently. So basically every cell of its body can react and fight on its own without conscious thought.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:20 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:So basically every cell of its body can react and fight on its own without conscious thought.
If it did that, the robot would fall apart :lol:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:21 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
That is why I suggested that nanotechnology processors should be installed in every part of its body they can all react independently. So basically every cell of its body can react and fight on its own without conscious thought.
I dunno, there seems to be some deeper power that rests behind the Ultra Instinct; it's not JUST the movements, but instead a state of martial arts potential fully realized.

Only a robot that could learn and grow like a martial artist would have the chance of achieving Ultra Instinct, the way I see it.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:45 pm

If the robot truly had all the information about martial arts and could perform the movements AND has the information about the robots surroundings in a 360 degree range with a specific radius with more than just sight, sound, smell, but also thermal, x-ray, etc. then sure. The robot while may process the information fast and have neuronal processors on each part of its body that can respond on their own, the act of the machine moving at FTL (faster than light) speeds is still required. Goku's body was already trained to the max. Ultra Instinct only gave him the additional boost to move faster instinctively. Yet, Goku's power comes from his own body. To reproduce this power is not simply creating a robot that can think and react fast, but the robot would have to be having the same power, durability, energy, and strength as Goku's body or similar.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:53 pm

I mean, UI apparently means fuck all considering Jiren was getting hits in pretty easily. So I see no reason as to why #17 can't do the same after some power boost

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:05 pm

Doctor. wrote:I mean, UI apparently means fuck all considering Jiren was getting hits in pretty easily. So I see no reason as to why #17 can't do the same after some power boost
17 isn't a robot, though.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:30 am

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:
Doctor. wrote:I mean, UI apparently means fuck all considering Jiren was getting hits in pretty easily. So I see no reason as to why #17 can't do the same after some power boost
17 isn't a robot, though.
16 then.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:38 am

shadowfox87 wrote:If the robot truly had all the information about martial arts and could perform the movements AND has the information about the robots surroundings in a 360 degree range with a specific radius with more than just sight, sound, smell, but also thermal, x-ray, etc. then sure. The robot while may process the information fast and have neuronal processors on each part of its body that can respond on their own, the act of the machine moving at FTL (faster than light) speeds is still required. Goku's body was already trained to the max. Ultra Instinct only gave him the additional boost to move faster instinctively. Yet, Goku's power comes from his own body. To reproduce this power is not simply creating a robot that can think and react fast, but the robot would have to be having the same power, durability, energy, and strength as Goku's body or similar.
Anilaza could punch holes in time and space. Imagine if Dr. Gero, Paparoni and Dr. Myuu all collaborated on building the ultimate fighter. (Yes I know I'm mixing continuities here but imagine a crossover situation like DBH). You could add Dr. Raichi, Dr. Wheelo, Towa, etc. all to the group too.

Akira7

Post by Akira7 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:20 am

Isn't the whole idea of Ultra to be beyond mere technique and strength ? Kinda like Force.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:33 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
wrote:That is why I suggested that nanotechnology processors should be installed in every part of its body they can all react independently. So basically every cell of its body can react and fight on its own without conscious thought.
Can nanites act without any pre-programmed information or current stimulus of its sensing tech though? You are essentially telling them to instantly function without giving it any reason or purpose other than the fact that it just needs to. I'm not too sure that pure artificial intelligence would quite understand how to do that since it computes its course of action on existing data. UI simply defies conscious & subconscious thought & reaction time no matter how fast one might do it; it may just be beyond the capability for technology to recreate.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:42 am

Akira7 wrote:Isn't the whole idea of Ultra to be beyond mere technique and strength ? Kinda like Force.
Indeed.

Ultra Instinct is about reacting and moving with the full potential of the body beyond the speed of thought. It's a specific kind of power, something that cannot simply be replicated; a robot would have to hone its mechanisms so finely as to tap into this mystical power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:43 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
wrote:That is why I suggested that nanotechnology processors should be installed in every part of its body they can all react independently. So basically every cell of its body can react and fight on its own without conscious thought.
Can nanites act without any pre-programmed information or current stimulus of its sensing tech though? You are essentially telling them to instantly function without giving it any reason or purpose other than the fact that it just needs to. I'm not too sure that pure artificial intelligence would quite understand how to do that since it computes its course of action on existing data. UI simply defies conscious & subconscious thought & reaction time no matter how fast one might do it; it may just be beyond the capability for technology to recreate.
You don't think all of those scientists I mentioned working together could pull it off?

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:04 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Can nanites act without any pre-programmed information or current stimulus of its sensing tech though? You are essentially telling them to instantly function without giving it any reason or purpose other than the fact that it just needs to. I'm not too sure that pure artificial intelligence would quite understand how to do that since it computes its course of action on existing data. UI simply defies conscious & subconscious thought & reaction time no matter how fast one might do it; it may just be beyond the capability for technology to recreate.
You don't think all of those scientists I mentioned working together could pull it off?
The thing is, DBS shows that the Ultra Instinct isn't JUST the parts of the body moving on their own in terms of built-up reaction.

It's some kind of limit-breaking power, its own mystical power-up that transcends the ordinary limits of the user. One channels Ultra Instinct, and thus fights at a level surpassing the gods; when Ultra Instinct can't be channeled for an aspect of a user's fighting ability, said fighting ability falters in effectiveness.

A robot would have to find a means by which to tap into this power, and given its mysticism and might, I have doubts that even a collaboration of the greatest minds in the franchise could achieve this on purpose.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:45 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:You don't think all of those scientists I mentioned working together could pull it off?
They'd need to program the machine with precognitive perception in order to simulate UI, but has anyone, let alone a machine in DB ever been able to see attacks exactly in advance? I don't think even Whis can accurately predict future maneuvers which is why he uses UI himself.
I just don't see UI being able to be replicated in machines because they are artificial life forms that may only act upon what they currently observe or are preprogrammed to do. Its kind of like how The Force in Star Wars cannot be used by droids(the EU allowed it I think, but its not canon anymore). It might be possible if UI develops sentience & possessed a robot, but we do not know if UI is capable of doing so.