Why No SSJ3 For Kefla?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why No SSJ3 For Kefla?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:35 am

Both of her fusees, Caulifla & Kale, were adept in using a form above SSJ, but she never went SSJ3 despite having seen Goku do it. Once UIO Goku appeared, it totally would've been the perfect opportunity for Kefla to try going SSJ3 yet she instead summoned up a red & neon laser light show. What's up with that?
Obviously it would've been unfair for Kefla to quadruple her power when Goku was already having trouble with her SSJ2 form, but that's an out-of-universe perspective. What exactly is the in-universe reason for why Kefla didn't go SSJ3? Did she just lose her nerve? Was the fusion already stressed to its limit? Did she just not want to? What?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Re: Why No SSJ3 For Kefla?

Post by ToshioWrites » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:58 am

Because it wasn’t in the draft probably

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:06 am

Well I guess “Strengthened SSJ2” was as far as she could go at the moment while using Final Weapon.

I am sure if the series had more episodes, the writers would have went towards SSJ3 Kefla.

Plus by not going SSJ3, if Kefla returns then she will have something to awaken (unless they skip SSJ3 and go for either SSJ God or her version of Broly God

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:21 pm

ZeroDio wrote:Well I guess “Strengthened SSJ2” was as far as she could go at the moment while using Final Weapon.

I am sure if the series had more episodes, the writers would have went towards SSJ3 Kefla.

Plus by not going SSJ3, if Kefla returns then she will have something to awaken (unless they skip SSJ3 and go for either SSJ God or her version of Broly God
But why though? That just happens to be awfully convenient for Goku that Kefla would stop at SSJ2 when we know that Saiyan fusions can totally boost up to SSJ3, and that goes especially for prodigious Saiyans like Caulifla & Kale. Could it be that she thought mere rage would achieve SSJ3 instead of Ki control? Was she just too overconfident on her laser light show? Maybe she was trying too hard to push towards SSJG that she overloaded herself?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Most likely saving SSJ3 Kefla for another occasion.

Or it was just another "classic" false promise from Dragon Ball.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:48 pm

The Doylist reason si probably that SS3 is F**KING HARD AND ANNOYING TO ANIMATE AND DRAW.

But obviously, we can't use that in this subforum.

It could be that she simply wasn't thinking of going SS3 at the time and so didn't do so; she seemed more focused on Goku handing her her ass.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:24 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Because it wasn’t in the draft probably
At this point I'm not even sure Kefla as a whole was in the draft but we will see. Honestly, I think if she got SSJ3 she would be too overpowered lol

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:At this point I'm not even sure Kefla as a whole was in the draft but we will see. Honestly, I think if she got SSJ3 she would be too overpowered lol
Kefla was briefly in the DBS intro to the ToP arc so she was always planned, but how strong she was supposed to even be was likely another story.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Because she didn't have the time to go SSJ3, maybe... or maybe because it wasn't in Toriyama's script and that's it, idk.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:36 pm

Probably just didn't have time. Neither Kale nor Caulifla knew how to go SS3 when they fused and Kefla was still growing stronger and stronger when Goku beat her. If the fight had lasted longer she probably would have.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Probably just didn't have time. Neither Kale nor Caulifla knew how to go SS3 when they fused and Kefla was still growing stronger and stronger when Goku beat her. If the fight had lasted longer she probably would have.
Ok but neither of Goten and Trunks knew how to go SSJ3 but Gotenks did right?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Why would they want to use everything up in one arc ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:03 pm

PFM18 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:Probably just didn't have time. Neither Kale nor Caulifla knew how to go SS3 when they fused and Kefla was still growing stronger and stronger when Goku beat her. If the fight had lasted longer she probably would have.
Gotenks had a week or so in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to figure it out, and at least in the Viz translation he tells Piccolo he doesn't know how he did it. Kefla had what, 3-4 minutes between seeing SS3 and the end of the fight?

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:07 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Gotenks had a week or so in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to figure it out, and at least in the Viz translation he tells Piccolo he doesn't know how he did it. Kefla had what, 3-4 minutes between seeing SS3 and the end of the fight?
Yeah that's pretty fair.

I think if they let Kefla go SSJ3 it wouldn't fit well in the plot because logically a SSJ3 Kefla would massacre everyone given how strong SSJ2 Kefla was.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:16 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Gotenks had a week or so in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber to figure it out, and at least in the Viz translation he tells Piccolo he doesn't know how he did it. Kefla had what, 3-4 minutes between seeing SS3 and the end of the fight?
Caulifla & Kale discovered SSJ forms above ordinary SSJ within minutes of first transforming into ordinary SSJ. I don't think its unbelievable that their fusion could become SSJ3 even if for a single second.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:55 pm

PFM18 wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Yeah that's pretty fair.

I think if they let Kefla go SSJ3 it wouldn't fit well in the plot because logically a SSJ3 Kefla would massacre everyone given how strong SSJ2 Kefla was.
Not really. If they really wanted to use SSJ3, they could've easily nerfed her SSJ2, so her SSJ3 would be pretty strong but legit.

SSJ3 is more difficult to obtain (even Goku mentions it), they probably needed a little more time to figure it out.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

ZeroDio
Beyond Newbie

Post by ZeroDio » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:40 pm

theherodjl wrote:
ZeroDio wrote:Well I guess “Strengthened SSJ2” was as far as she could go at the moment while using Final Weapon.

But why though? That just happens to be awfully convenient for Goku that Kefla would stop at SSJ2 when we know that Saiyan fusions can totally boost up to SSJ3, and that goes especially for prodigious Saiyans like Caulifla & Kale. Could it be that she thought mere rage would achieve SSJ3 instead of Ki control? Was she just too overconfident on her laser light show? Maybe she was trying too hard to push towards SSJG that she overloaded herself?
If we are going by anime rules

Kefla could only achieve SSJ God through the ritual. Plus it would be more beneficial if Kale & Caulifla individually acquired the use of SSJ God before refusing into Kefla in a future story.

Plus we never really saw the initial SSJ3 Transformation of Goku & Gotenks on screen(or in the manga.

So maybe the initial transformation requires intense full focus of the saiyan’s full energy.

But Kefla was using her energy like it was a wild forest fire.

Plus as I said before when/if she returns

We could see her awaken a form similar to

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Legend ... r_Saiyan_3

Then if Kale & Caulifla get God Ki through The SSJ God Ritual and/or training with Vados

We get SSJ God Forms for the Saiyan girls & Kefla

Then Kefla(because of Kale) using her Variant of this form:

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Broly_God

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:00 pm

Vegito never got SSJ3 either despite one of his fusees knowing it. I would guess that both of them would have had to have been capable of the form.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:22 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Vegito never got SSJ3 either despite one of his fusees knowing it. I would guess that both of them would have had to have been capable of the form.
No I don't think that is a very good example at all. Vegetto only never went SSJ3 because it was never necessary. He dominated his opponent as a SSJ so it wouldn't have made sense to go SSJ3. He obviously could have used SSJ3 if he needed to. And of course in Super when Vegetto appeared he had a far superior transformation that utilized God Ki and had less strain so it would have been ridiculous to use SSJ3.

theTUN
Not-So-Newbie

Post by theTUN » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:31 am

The simple answer is that all that hair would've been more difficult to animate.