Sugoroku Space

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Sugoroku Space

Post by Majin Demigra » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:11 pm

Where is it in the universe? And just who are it's controllers?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: Sugoroku Space

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:06 am

It's in different dimension, possibly outside of universe considering Old Kai didn't have any power there.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:11 pm

It's in Hell, like most of GT.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:15 pm

The Suguroku Space comes from a misunderstanding from Toei's side. The Teleportation techniques like the one that Goku, so Shunkan Idou or the one that Kibitoshin uses are shown by Toei to be what is a warp (warp and teleportation are very often used synonymously but are not the same). By warping you move through an extra space and still do something. By teleporting you do nothing. You simply dematerialize, do not use an extra base and reconstruct your matter somewhere else. Toei has shown to think Shunkan Idou is warping as they made Cooler and Goku fight in a warp space. Obviously Kibitoshin in GT also moves in a warp space because that is where he lost Goku.

Funnily enough in science teleporting is even something completely different because in science Teleporting is disproven by the No Cloning Theorem. But what is disproven is not really considered teleportation in fiction anyway because science tries the approach of not reconstructing matter but simply changing other matter to the state of yours and they say this is not possible. Howeverm even if it was, it is obviously not resulting in yourself, thus it would not be teleportation, making this disproval totally nonsensical. Sigh.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"