If Goku got his potential unlocked by Elder Kai after he TOP, would Goku be able to use Ultra Instinct in base/ultimate

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

If Goku got his potential unlocked by Elder Kai after he TOP, would Goku be able to use Ultra Instinct in base/ultimate

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:59 pm

Think about it: MUI is a limit breaking form for Goku, and wasn't Elder Kai's ritual said to bring the person past their limits?

Please discuss.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: If Goku got his potential unlocked by Elder Kai after he TOP, would Goku be able to use Ultra Instinct in base/ultim

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:25 pm

I'm not sure he could.

Ultra Instinct is a deeper kind of potential than pure power, something that requires going past what should be breaking you.

Elder Kaioshin's potential unlock ritual only seems to bring out pure power, something that Ultra Instinct definitely goes above and beyond. Perhaps Goku might've gotten an increase in strength that could potentially be up there with Ultra Instinct Omen, but probably not the Ultra Instinct itself and its unconscious movement and perfected reactions.

Goku broke through one of his self-limiting shells of his potential, and something tells me that Elder Kaioshin's ritual stops just short of that.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: If Goku got his potential unlocked by Elder Kai after he TOP, would Goku be able to use Ultra Instinct in base/ultim

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:33 pm

I don't think so. Ultimate is just the state of having their latent power brought out then improved by Rou Kaioshin's ritual, and having it placed into their base form. UI can only be brought forth by an intense amount of power pushing the body to a vast, external degree of power that Rou Kaioshin or the user do not have any access to. You could think of UI as being something more along the lines of the Hakaishin's version of the Ultimate state that can only be activated by a response to power on par or greater than a Hakaishin.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: