Would A Female Oozaru In Second Stage Labor Deliver A Baby Saiyan Or A Baby Oozaru?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would A Female Oozaru In Second Stage Labor Deliver A Baby Saiyan Or A Baby Oozaru?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:49 am

Weird question, I know, but it does ponder Saiyan anatomy in more interesting ways.

Another question being, would a female SSJ in second stage labor give birth to a baby SSJ? If Videl could channel Baby Pan's aura before she was even born then it should be possible, right?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tectorman
Regular

Re: Would A Female Oozaru In Second Stage Labor Deliver A Baby Saiyan Or A Baby Oozaru?

Post by Tectorman » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:58 am

The combination for Oozaru is "intact tail" (which, Goten and Trunks aside, fetal Saiyans should have) plus "eyes looking at a source of Blutz waves". Even assuming baby Saiyans are born with their eyes open (warrior race and all that), they're still inside a womb with the full moon outside, so they won't be seeing it, so no birthing a baby Oozaru.

Which is probably a mercy (imagine a pregnant Saiyan mother without a tail giving birth during a full moon).

Videl channeling Pan's aura was different, as that's a question of S Cells that can apparently be triggered by flexing your back muscles as easily as achieving pure rage. So I can see SSJ Caulifla having a SSJ kid due to those shenanigans.

Which probably wouldn't be a mercy (imagine a SSJ unborn baby kicking you in the bladder from the inside).
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

Nia
Beyond Newbie

Re: Would A Female Oozaru In Second Stage Labor Deliver A Baby Saiyan Or A Baby Oozaru?

Post by Nia » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:00 pm

I think it's pretty obvious what happens.
[spoiler]Image
Bad joke, couldn't resist.[/spoiler]

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:35 pm

Before birth, the mother and fetus are linked through the umbilical cord which transfers all kinds of nutrients to the baby to keep it alive. So the question is, does a Saiyan's umbilical cord transfer whatever chemicals are involved in triggering Oozaru transformation or not?

If so, then a pregnant Oozaru could go into labor and have a baby Oozaru come out. A pregnant tailless Saiyan wouldn't have to worry about that happening, because the chemicals that trigger the transformation would never be produced in the first place due to the lack of tail. But once the baby's out and its eyes open, yeah, keep it away from the full moon or you'll have one seriously messed-up hospital room! :lol:

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:32 pm

Pantalones wrote:Before birth, the mother and fetus are linked through the umbilical cord which transfers all kinds of nutrients to the baby to keep it alive. So the question is, does a Saiyan's umbilical cord transfer whatever chemicals are involved in triggering Oozaru transformation or not?

If so, then a pregnant Oozaru could go into labor and have a baby Oozaru come out. A pregnant tailless Saiyan wouldn't have to worry about that happening, because the chemicals that trigger the transformation would never be produced in the first place due to the lack of tail. But once the baby's out and its eyes open, yeah, keep it away from the full moon or you'll have one seriously messed-up hospital room! :lol:
In that case, what if the Oozaru mother is giving birth but then you cut her tail off? She would revert to her base form, but the baby would still have their tail, so would they remain an Oozaru and she would have to deliver an Oozaru baby in her base form? Talk about stretch marks!