Could Caulifla and Kale be good teachers to Pan and Bra?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Charlie_1981

Could Caulifla and Kale be good teachers to Pan and Bra?

Post by Charlie_1981 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:38 am

Just a question, Can they two be good teachers is they are in the situation to train both little girls?

I think Caulifla seems good enough to train someone and she, of course, could enjoy all the moments training someone like Pan, that already has a lot of energy as a baby.

In the case of Kale, maybe it can be hard for her, if she is in the situation to train someone when she is so shy and Caulifla is not around to help her, Bra can be a challenge to her, specially with Vegeta around.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could Caulifla and Kale be good teachers to Pan and Bra?

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:29 am

yes, at least caulifla
I suppose it would be best mainly because it seems that Goku did not teach him anything in terms of fighting while caulifla if he received an instruction on his part as the transformations and how to counter techniques (teleport)
It would be interesting if she taught him pan
kale ..neh, I would prefer than cabba,the one who teaches bra / bura

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:32 am

Tai Lung wrote:yes, at least caulifla
I suppose it would be best mainly because it seems that Goku did not teach him anything in terms of fighting while caulifla if he received an instruction on his part as the transformations and how to counter techniques (teleport)
It would be interesting if she taught him pan
kale ..neh, I would prefer than cabba,the one who teaches bra / bura
I do not know, I really see Caulifla training Pan and having fun as if she would never have had fun in her life, besides seeing that Pan has a strength that does not correspond with her age and presenting problems to the prodigious saiyan of Universe 6 but teaching her in a way similar to how Son Goku could do it.

With Kale and Bra/Bulla, Kale would have qualities of teacher but she is extremely indecisive and shy, which would not reassure the little girl too much. Although I see it differently, Kale would not know what to do with such a small girl, but it would makes efforts to help her in ways that she herself does not know that she is capable of from her own experience with Caulifla, ceasing to be so dependent on her and being nice, maybe too much with the little Bra, something that Vegeta would not like so much because he prefers to see his daughter showing her saiyan pride, being a tough girl and reminding her that she is the future princess, forcing Kale to show all her berserker power in front of his daughter Bra. I imagine Bra calling Kale, her amazing aunt Kale.

Cabba can be good too but maybe he would training Trunks and Goten

It's very clear that Caulifla can be a good teacher, the mystery is Kale and her unpredictable behaviour.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:10 am

Kale? Lol no,
Caulifla? Yeah, that's possible. Although i still think she wouldn't be a good choice for them.
Pan isn't the type of person that would like Piccolo-type of training. Not even mentioning Bra. Caulifla seems too rough for that.
You can see in "A Hero's Legacy" what kind of teacher Pan is. While she was forcing Goku Jr. to train and was pretty strict, she didn't leave him for a months in desert or didn't try to beat him to near death which is something i can actually see Caulifla doing. She is too..."saiyan" for that.

I think Gohan and Videl would be really good teachers for them and unless Vegeta really wanted Bra to be a warrior i can see him leaving Bra in their hands to just teach her how to use ki and basic martial arts. If he wanted to make her a warrior then Caulifla probably could be his pick. But Gohan or Goku would never want Pan to have that type of training.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Charlie_1981

Post by Charlie_1981 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:Kale? Lol no,
Caulifla? Yeah, that's possible. Although i still think she wouldn't be a good choice for them.
Pan isn't the type of person that would like Piccolo-type of training. Not even mentioning Bra. Caulifla seems too rough for that.
You can see in "A Hero's Legacy" what kind of teacher Pan is. While she was forcing Goku Jr. to train and was pretty strict, she didn't leave him for a months in desert or didn't try to beat him to near death which is something i can actually see Caulifla doing. She is too..."saiyan" for that.

I think Gohan and Videl would be really good teachers for them and unless Vegeta really wanted Bra to be a warrior i can see him leaving Bra in their hands to just teach her how to use ki and basic martial arts. If he wanted to make her a warrior then Caulifla probably could be his pick. But Gohan or Goku would never want Pan to have that type of training.
Yeah, I see your point, maybe you're right, but who knows, unpredictable things already happened before in the series with characters that no one would even imagine that they can be partners, it was always part of the series.

I think both can be good teachers if they are in the situation, even Kale.

I saw it, it was the 100 years later movie or an episode of Gt, I can't remember it now.
Last edited by Charlie_1981 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:04 pm

A good teacher? nah... but with more experience I think she can be a good teacher. Otherwise, I think she would a good training partner.

Kale from the anime? nope.
Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:26 pm

Maybe. Kale got over her shyness and Caulifla's not that good at explaining things. I could see her making Pan and Bra honorary members of her gang though. :lol:

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:30 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:Maybe. Kale got over her shyness and Caulifla's not that good at explaining things. I could see her making Pan and Bra honorary members of her gang though. :lol:
in fact that would be fun :D
although caulifla seems to be the leader of an organized criminal gang that is difficult to be united to something like that but changing that a bit could make a group of fighters that seek to defend justice but in a more rebellious way

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:52 pm

What about Cabba? He came up with the original shortcut to becoming a SSJ (focusing energy between your shoulder blades)... now love for that guy?

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:06 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:What about Cabba? He came up with the original shortcut to becoming a SSJ (focusing energy between your shoulder blades)... now love for that guy?
He didn't come up with it. He said it wouldn't be possible at the same time he mentioned it, and he didn't even think it was important to mention until heavily questioned. That's a demonstration of Caulifla being a good learner rather than Cabba being a good teacher.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:05 pm

Simere wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:What about Cabba? He came up with the original shortcut to becoming a SSJ (focusing energy between your shoulder blades)... now love for that guy?
He didn't come up with it. He said it wouldn't be possible at the same time he mentioned it, and he didn't even think it was important to mention until heavily questioned. That's a demonstration of Caulifla being a good learner rather than Cabba being a good teacher.
I recall Cabba telling Caulifa that once you get used to becoming a SSJ you can access the form by focusing your energy in your back and getting that "tingly" feeling, and Caulifla stated that she's never done something before -- to only go right ahead and do what Cabba initially stated -- which was to focus your energy in your back until you get that tingly sensation, and then she became a Super Saiyan, but only temporarily.

I don't recall anyone else who came up with the whole "focus your energy in your back until you get a tingly sensation" method until Cabba introduced it and Caulifla try do what he stated.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I recall Cabba telling Caulifa that once you get used to becoming a SSJ you can access the form by focusing your energy in your back and getting that "tingly" feeling, and Caulifla stated that she's never done something before -- to only go right ahead and do what Cabba initially stated -- which was to focus your energy in your back until you get that tingly sensation, and then she became a Super Saiyan, but only temporarily.
I don't recall anyone else who came up with the whole "focus your energy in your back until you get a tingly sensation" method until Cabba introduced it and Caulifla try do what he stated.
You make it sound like it was his idea for her to do it to attain the form. His actual idea was to make mild insults to trigger her rage. The back thing was only brought up in response to Caulifla questioning his inane approach, and even when he did mention it he told her it wasn't possible when she asked to just skip to that step. He even gave a patronizing smile when she tried to do it despite his dissuasion.

It wasn't like he said, "Well, this isn't working, so let's try another approach". He provided the answer Caulifla needed to piece things together, but he didn't know it was the answer, nor did he know it was even worth mentioning. The only thing Cabba gets credit for is having the ability to produce sounds with his mouth to answer questions.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
Nobody came up with it. It was implied that thats how it always was. When Caulifla transformed and explained how she did it, I believe Goku says something like "Yeah I did that too."

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Nobody came up with it. It was implied that thats how it always was. When Caulifla transformed and explained how she did it, I believe Goku says something like "Yeah I did that too."
It's be heavily implied in the series that, either under intense emotional stress or by simply training to acquire a certain level of power, you can unlock SSJ and the forms above that. Never was it implied prior to Super that focuing your energy in your back and waiting for tingling sensation was a route to becoming a SSJ until Cabba introduced it.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:06 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
He said "something like that", verifying the concept wasn't unfamiliar to him. Which, yes, goes to show they all knew it was a thing to do, but none of them pieced together they could simply skip the rage step before Caulifla(not Cabba).

Or, more likely, it's not as simple as just focusing your energy there. It's probably more like Super Saiyan induced by rage naturally "configures" your energy, like a script. Having experienced what a proper configuration feels like they can attempt to replicate it manually, which is why it takes practice—they have to tinker with the settings to get the correct setup again. The prospect of finding that proper setup without having experienced it through the automatic script they deem impossible, which is why Cabba didn't suggest or think it possible, and why Caulifla is a "genius" for figuring it out.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:50 pm

if cabba mentions it is so that the public that did not know the method is aware, but it is implicit that everyone already knew him
it's like saying that trunks figured out how to become Ascended Super Saiyan when the others already knew

Anyway he would be a better master for bra / bura

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:00 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Maybe. Kale got over her shyness and Caulifla's not that good at explaining things. I could see her making Pan and Bra honorary members of her gang though. :lol:
Could you imagine Pan being a gang member? :lol: :lol:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:43 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Could you imagine Pan being a gang member? :lol: :lol:
Gohan has a panic attack :lol: :lol: