Saiyan History and the Time Room

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Saiyan History and the Time Room

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:22 pm

Ok first of I know that this episode was filler but I still wanna talk about it.

So during the earthlings little trip in time when they face Brocco and Panpukin I wonder exactly what was going on during that era of saiyan history. There are tons of dead saiyan lying around and interestingly they have outdated gear and even laser weapons, something no saiyan we've ever seen alive would be caught dead with. Retroactively speaking this cannot be Sadala as all their armour is more modern, unless is started to become in fashion during that time. So it's unlikely to be during the good/evil civil war.

I used to think that maybe there had been had been some kind of purge, the saiyans of Vegeta weeding out the weakest of their race to promote strength.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Saiyan History and the Time Room

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:20 pm

Maybe a war between Saiyans loyal to Freeza and those who resisted him.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:13 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Ok first of I know that this episode was filler but I still wanna talk about it.

So during the earthlings little trip in time when they face Brocco and Panpukin I wonder exactly what was going on during that era of saiyan history. There are tons of dead saiyan lying around and interestingly they have outdated gear and even laser weapons, something no saiyan we've ever seen alive would be caught dead with. Retroactively speaking this cannot be Sadala as all their armour is more modern, unless is started to become in fashion during that time. So it's unlikely to be during the good/evil civil war.

I used to think that maybe there had been had been some kind of purge, the saiyans of Vegeta weeding out the weakest of their race to promote strength.
Remind me the numbers of thoses episodes ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:37 pm

I just regard it as what Kami thought the Saiyans were like, and all that he really knew about Goku's race is that they were cruel, uncaring, and powerful so he imagined them & their planet to the best of his ability. Unfortunately, Kami's interpretation of their culture wasn't very accurate as seen in the Bardock content(Father of Goku, EoB, DB Minus), and the two Saiyans that Ten & the others fought were not close to being half as strong as Nappa & Vegeta despite Kami claiming them to be; you can just chalk it up to Kami not being as knowledgeable as he might have thought he was.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:41 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Remind me the numbers of thoses episodes ?
Episode 11 of the Z era.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:36 pm

After seeing the episode I think it's a during a war on planet vegeta, I don't think Frieza is involved in this war but it's definitively after the Saiyan win against the Tsuful.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu