Origin of Ki and Magic

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Majin Demigra
Beyond Newbie

Origin of Ki and Magic

Post by Majin Demigra » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Guys, shouldn't there be a God of Ki/Magic/Power

According to science(yes i know) energy can't be created, only transfered. So someone had to have given Zeno his energy which he may or may not have given to the Kais who created mortals and I they gave their energy to

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Origin of Ki and Magic

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:20 pm

It's obviously Mr. Popo.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Guys, shouldn't there be a God of Ki/Magic/Power

According to science(yes i know) energy can't be created, only transfered. So someone had to have given Zeno his energy which he may or may not have given to the Kais who created mortals and I they gave their energy to
You could technically say that the Kaioshin/Kaio/Kami are the Gods of Ki & Magic since they exist to create, accommodate, and preserve life(which generates Ki), and are also able to magically summon objects ranging from microscopic material to celestial bodies.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:58 pm

Because I like the concept of a Supreme Kai of Time, I'm going to say it's her doing. In the future(s), she assists all the various deities in giving their power to their past selves. Ergo, Zen-O gave himself his power.

As for how the SKoT got her power? Her future self, as well.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Majin Demigra wrote:Guys, shouldn't there be a God of Ki/Magic/Power

Then who gave that person their energy?

This is the primacy of conciousness vs. existence debate.
Last edited by ABED on Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Origin of Ki? That's asking origin of energy. I believe in the law of conservation of energy and mass which states that energy can't be created or destroyed. It's rather transferred and takes new forms. All living things possess ki. It wasn't created or given. As for magic, I think it is just a manipulation of ki and matter (molecules and atoms) to do things like heal or create. Trunks was able to learn how to heal after being trained by Shin. If he can do it, then it is not an ability exclusive to Kaioshins but that it can be learned. Goku similarly was able to use hakai on Merged Zamasu. I think anyone, if well trained, can manipulate their own ki to learn new abilities like magic.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707