Kanba vs. Broly

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Kanba vs. Broly

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:22 pm

So obviously we have no idea how the new Broly will work out but I’d like to do a compare and contrast based on available information:

Kanba vs Broly
Origins, power, personalities, etc.
Thoughts?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Re: Kanba vs. Broly

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Sure ok.

Personality wise it's pick your faviort flavor of loony. Broly is a psychopath who knows how invincible and loves to taunt his foes. Kanba has yet to utter a single word to my knowldge and seems to just want to fight and kill everything in sight. Persoanlly Kanba is the scarier of the two.

Origin - Broly becuase Kanba has none right now.

Design - Actually Kamba for me, his strait jacket and mouth shield is the sign of a true killer. He would only have that on if he is more then willing to try and bite his victims to death if he got the chance. You look at him and think "please stay locked up forever".

Powers - Kanba again. He can turn other warriors into berserkers and creates ki hands to attack and work round his limitations

Transormations - Broly as Kanba so far only has generic SS.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:Sure ok.

Personality wise it's pick your faviort flavor of loony. Broly is a psychopath who knows how invincible and loves to taunt his foes. Kanba has yet to utter a single word to my knowldge and seems to just want to fight and kill everything in sight. Persoanlly Kanba is the scarier of the two.

Origin - Broly becuase Kanba has none right now.

Design - Actually Kamba for me, his strait jacket and mouth shield is the sign of a true killer. He would only have that on if he is more then willing to try and bite his victims to death if he got the chance. You look at him and think "please stay locked up forever".

Powers - Kanba again. He can turn other warriors into berserkers and creates ki hands to attack and work round his limitations

Transormations - Broly as Kanba so far only has generic SS.
Those are great points and that being said I wish we got a movie about Kanba instead. Although I would say that a Broly movie where Broly is the good guy taking on Kanba would be an interesting twist and make an interesting matchup.

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:05 pm

TheMikado wrote:So obviously we have no idea how the new Broly will work out but I’d like to do a compare and contrast based on available information:

Kanba vs Broly
Thoughts?
We know next to nothing about Kanba, but the fact he required super saiyan blue vegito to go kaioken against his base form... Broly from the old days isnt even in this guys league

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:48 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
TheMikado wrote:So obviously we have no idea how the new Broly will work out but I’d like to do a compare and contrast based on available information:

Kanba vs Broly
Thoughts?
We know next to nothing about Kanba, but the fact he required super saiyan blue vegito to go kaioken against his base form... Broly from the old days isnt even in this guys league
That’s true, but we also see Vegeta and Goku going SSB in the Broly movie promotional material. It may be possible we see power equivalent which is why I bring up the comparison. Two crazy hyper powerful saiyans rivaling SSGSS forms possibly without God ki.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:14 am

TheMikado wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:

Kanba vs Broly
Thoughts?
That’s true, but we also see Vegeta and Goku going SSB in the Broly movie promotional material. It may be possible we see power equivalent which is why I bring up the comparison. Two crazy hyper powerful saiyans rivaling SSGSS forms possibly without God ki.
I'm talking of course in comparison to the original take on broly we had scaled to his original movies, and at best his god mode in the new OVA and movies. He can take two pre TOP blue characters, but not a fusion dance blue character.

Kanba pre super saiyan goes toe to toe with a post TOP Potaro fusion Blue Kaioken, who would by most probabilities be stronger than the Broly we know up to now.

Toriyama's new broly might well shit all over old Broly from the non canon movies for all we know. We'll have to see how this new Broly stacks up

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:08 pm

given new feats, I'm convinced Kanba stomps old movie broly into the dirt in a vegeta vs appule manner... Heroes god broly maybe a harder time given he can also taken on blue enemies but dies to a dance fusion (Which is a weaker tech than the potara but has more candidates) but I still dont think Kanba would lose when we get to his eventual strongest form at the end of this arc (and we just know hes going to get one)

New movie broly.... I'm waging on him to beat Kanba

so its

New Broly > Kanba > Old Broly

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:19 pm

Please use our dedicated "versus" thread for these theoretical one-off fight discussions.

Also, if he's not "Burorii", he's not "Kanba"; he's "Cumber".
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::