A thought on Paragus

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

A thought on Paragus

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:18 am

assuming his VA being on the movie poster is there to show his 'new' return, I think I can explain the design differences between poster Broly and the teaser saiyan.

What if the new Broly, is as shown in the poster, still in his old outfit, and the armoured saiyan is paragus, using the crown to steal his son's power and ki? That would explain this mystery saiyans darker skin and lack of the scar on Broly's face, but also explain why his hair isnt the LSS green we are used to seeing and it's simply his ki being stolen for Paragus to use?

Paragus could have joined the Freeza force with a hidden agenda, to grow strong enough to kill the emperor and anyone who could threaten him, then go on to conquer the universe with freeza's already rebuilt army after taking charge.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: A thought on Paragus

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:28 am

Maybe, but I think it's the same person in the trailer as shown in the movie poster. It's just different animation. You're seeing a final transformation in the poster at the bottom while in the trailer, you're seeing a transition. I think Paragus is still trying to limit and dampen Broly's powers by using the gold jewelry he wears.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: A thought on Paragus

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am

shadowfox87 wrote:Maybe, but I think it's the same person in the trailer as shown in the movie poster. It's just different animation. You're seeing a final transformation in the poster at the bottom while in the trailer, you're seeing a transition. I think Paragus is still trying to limit and dampen Broly's powers by using the gold jewelry he wears.
I'm not talking about that top head but, in the movie, we see black hair, yellow eyes and the scar shown on Broly's face in that poster is completely gone. I'm wondering if perhaps this is some of that 'shuffling around' thing with the dynamic of Broly. His power is being kept in check by it being robbed, rather than supressed, after all the whole problem with his power is it overflows, and donating it to Paragus, who is more rational (compared to the old Broly at least) means Paragus could use it more effectively