about saiyan tails

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

about saiyan tails

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:28 am

An oozaru loses their form if they get their tail hacked off.

Super saiyan 4 is an extension of the oozaru line of forms.

If you cut of a super saiyan 4's tail, do they turn back to a lower form as well?

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Re: about saiyan tails

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm

I'd wager "yes" or at least get a senbsible power-down

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:46 pm

I don't think so. While the SS4 is part of the Oozaruu line its also similar to a Super Saiyan form so it doesn't follow the normal rules.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:39 am

The Super Saiyan 4 transformation is a transformation from Golden Oozaru. Theoretically, a Golden Oozaru should be an Oozaru who has become Super Saiyan. While there is no proof of this, it is implied not just in GT but also in Heroes. Cumber will be turning into a Super Oozaru soon as well. Hence, Super Saiyan 4 requires at least a Super Saiyan and an Oozaru. If you cut off the tail, then they lose Oozaru. If the body somehow "remembers" SSJ4, then perhaps the tail will just grow back after it is cut off after some time but I do think that the tail is a requirement to stay in SSJ4.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 pm

I personally think that the tail is a great asset for a Saiyan.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:09 am

Hulk10 wrote:I personally think that the tail is a great asset for a Saiyan.
It isn’t though. It was always the Saiyan’s weak point and the U6 ones even evolved not to have it anymore. Even Goten and Trunks were born without one due to it being a recessive trait.
Of course this may change in the future if Toriyama wants, but all evidence points towards the tail being a useless appendage for Saiyans. I like the tails though, so I wouldn’t mind it at all if they came back to having an importance for Saiyans. GT’s idea was quite neat.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:02 am

emperior wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I personally think that the tail is a great asset for a Saiyan.
It isn’t though. It was always the Saiyan’s weak point and the U6 ones even evolved not to have it anymore. Even Goten and Trunks were born without one due to it being a recessive trait.
Of course this may change in the future if Toriyama wants, but all evidence points towards the tail being a useless appendage for Saiyans. I like the tails though, so I wouldn’t mind it at all if they came back to having an importance for Saiyans. GT’s idea was quite neat.
I don't agree with your assessment that the tail is useless. As its known to boost strength. Also remember that a Saiyan can train their tail to the point where grabbing it is no longer a weakness. From what I have seen the benefits of the tail, the strength boost, the Oozaru form, and the accessing of SS4 all point to it being a useful appendage. Saiyans can just make do without it, but that doesn't mean that its a useless appendage.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:41 am

I suppose that it should make sense that if you cut a Super Saiyan 4's tail off, he or she would lose the form, but all I can say is: Good luck with that.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm

TheGreatness25 wrote:I suppose that it should make sense that if you cut a Super Saiyan 4's tail off, he or she would lose the form, but all I can say is: Good luck with that.
If a person were every to try that they would be likely to die.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

I would also like to question why Saiyans would not always keep their tails wrapped around their waist, like they've been shown to do. Sure would make cutting it a lot harder. I suppose it can be explained that it requires concentration, but surely that position for the tail can be trained in during fighting the same as footwork during a fight. Or they can even tuck the end in the rest of the tail that's around the waist. Or can tuck the tail into their pants. But, nope... for reasons. I realize that I'm putting too much thought into this, but it's just an interesting little thought.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:00 am

TheGreatness25 wrote:I would also like to question why Saiyans would not always keep their tails wrapped around their waist, like they've been shown to do. Sure would make cutting it a lot harder. I suppose it can be explained that it requires concentration, but surely that position for the tail can be trained in during fighting the same as footwork during a fight. Or they can even tuck the end in the rest of the tail that's around the waist. Or can tuck the tail into their pants. But, nope... for reasons. I realize that I'm putting too much thought into this, but it's just an interesting little thought.
It certainly is an interesting thought. :think:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:07 pm

I'd say improved equilibrium and a fifth limb.

Frankly, it's more surprising training the tail isn't something every adult Saiyan does

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:18 am

ankokudaishogun wrote:I'd say improved equilibrium and a fifth limb.

Frankly, it's more surprising training the tail isn't something every adult Saiyan does
I agree.