Can A Saiyan/Non-Saiyan Fusion Still Use SSJ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Can A Saiyan/Non-Saiyan Fusion Still Use SSJ?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 am

Suppose it was Goku fusing with Krillin or Gohan fusing with Piccolo: does this mean that the subsequent fusion would still have an ample amount of S-Cells, and would be able to use any of the SSJ forms? Or would the introduction of foreign genetic material dilute the Saiyan's S-Cell count or inherently interfere in the transformation process? Is there anything in the story that explicitly proves or disproves this notion? What are we looking at?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: Can A Saiyan/Non-Saiyan Fusion Still Use SSJ?

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:25 am

//I think S-Cells are produced when you reach a high enough power level. Goku obtained ssj when he received a power level of 3 million. So if krilku or gokillin has a battle power over 3 millions then I believe the fusion can perform ssj transformations.

Kurakaio

Post by Kurakaio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:57 am

I mean if half human/half Saiyans can go super Saiyan then why not?

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:47 am

If Yamcha fused with Vegeta I think SSJ would still be available imo.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:24 pm

Someone who's a half-Saiyan by birth can still go Super Saiyan, so I can't see any reason why a half-Saiyan created by fusion wouldn't be able to do it too.

Even though the "human half" of the fusion wouldn't know how right away, the fusion would probably gain the benefits of being a tailless half-Saiyan, one of which (as seen with Goten and Trunks) seems to be having a much easier time transforming for the first time.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes. Fused Zamasu proves this. He was able to maintain the Super Saiyan Rosé form infinitely, despite his divine body being 50% Shinjin and only 50% Saiyan.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:34 pm

It’s hard to imagine that a Fusion wouldn’t be capable of doing something its individual component can.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:45 pm

No. I don't think it can. At least not the regular SSJ. Maybe some new transformation that works similar to SSJ. I don't think saiyan&earhtling fusion works the same as child of earthling and saiyan. Those are still two persons mixed together with both voices being heard and their personalities conflicting inside.
The closest thing we got was Zamasu and i don't think that was SSJ in any way. He didn't have any base form other than what he was after fusion.
As a mix of kai and saiyan with SSJ form enabled, his hair resembled SSJ but there is no single proof of this being even a mutation of SSJ (something that SSJR was and something that Baby Vegeta achieved).
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm

There's too little info on cross speices fusion for any solid info. Befor super every fusion was between 2 members of the same race and to date there has never been a cross gender fusion in a cannonical story.

From what we got from Zamasu and Kefla, Fusion from the potara fuses vertually everything. In Zamasu's case SSR was inpoerated in the fusion's base form and he could not power down from that state nor transform normally. For Kefla she had a fusion of normal SS branch and the LSS branch creating a new type of transformation, but again thats not helpful becuase while they had different forms, bother were still saiyans.

Really not much to work off of. We need at least a saiyan/human fusion befor we can make any kind of judgement. This would be ideal since humans have no transformations natrually. To really test what the magic of fusion is capable in terms of combining transformations, we need a fusion of two races that completely different from each other, Saiyan/Frieza Clan would be good for this as the two races have nothing in common.