God Ki & SS4

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Re: God Ki & SS4

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:05 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:A SS4 with God ki would be virtually unstoppable.
Why is that exactly? SSJ3 Goku with God Ki was nearly defeated by a SSJ2 Trunks with no God Ki in the manga. He needed to briefly use SSJG, not a far cry behind SSJ4 in raw power, to beat Trunks. That's not to say that SSJ4 + God Ki is totally insignificant, but that its not the final or ultimate SSJ power-up. I actually believe that Vegeta's SSJBE is stronger than even Full Power SSJ4(Goku's power-up used to overwhelm Syn Shenron & battle Omega Shenron) combined with God Ki, but that's just my opinion.
I disagree with it but your entitled to your opinion.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:09 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Why is that exactly? SSJ3 Goku with God Ki was nearly defeated by a SSJ2 Trunks with no God Ki in the manga.
Goku has no God Ki in the manga if he's not in God or Blue. We know that because the fight with Toppo: only by going God he's acknowledged as being God-like.
Whether post-BoG manga Goku's base got on the level of BoG SSGod or not, that's irrelevant: he is still using only Normal Ki when not in Blue or God.

That said SS4 is a form that maximizes the body capacities and much more capable to manage vast amounts of Ki.
It would, for example, make much easier to use Complete Blue as it would sustain the stress much better.
Same thing for Kaiokhen Blue or even Ultra Instinct.

I wouldn't say he'd be unstoppable but a SS4 body using God Ki would be at least a step above a normal body using God Ki

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I disagree with it but your entitled to your opinion.
If its any consolation, I think it would be a close one. SSJ4 is something like a dozen times stronger than SSJ3, and Full Power SSJ4 doubled Goku's strength for sure. If not for the fact that Goku & Vegeta inevitably improved after the Zamasu arc as well as pushing themselves even further in the ToP then I could see a God Ki SSJ4 actually surpassing a hypothetical SSJBE Vegeta at the start of the Black arc.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:14 pm

If we're working under the assumption Blue is SS + God Ki instead of being a form all on its own, then yes, SS4 + God Ki should by default be ridiculously strong. Far, far stronger than any variant of Blue we have now.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:If we're working under the assumption Blue is SS + God Ki instead of being a form all on its own.
Blue is literally "Super Saiyan with 『the power of a SSGod』"
Power of a SSG=God Ki.

Even if one assume SSG="form that lets a Saiyan use God Ki" instead of "form a Saiyan takes when using God Ki"(cause, instead of effect), the "Power of a SSG" is still God Ki

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:13 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:I disagree with it but your entitled to your opinion.
If its any consolation, I think it would be a close one. SSJ4 is something like a dozen times stronger than SSJ3, and Full Power SSJ4 doubled Goku's strength for sure. If not for the fact that Goku & Vegeta inevitably improved after the Zamasu arc as well as pushing themselves even further in the ToP then I could see a God Ki SSJ4 actually surpassing a hypothetical SSJBE Vegeta at the start of the Black arc.
I still disagree with you that SSJB is more powerful than SSJ4. But I do believe SSJB is superior in that it allows for Kaio-ken use. But regardless I see the forms as equal in power. I've seen them fight equally in the manga and anime, and that is proof enough for me.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:11 pm

Hulk10 wrote:I still disagree with you that SSJB is more powerful than SSJ4.
the only comparison we have is Heroes, and in that the older and supposedly more experienced Goku:Xeno in SS4 states being a little weaker than SSBlue Goku.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:58 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
the only comparison we have is Heroes, and in that the older and supposedly more experienced Goku:Xeno in SS4 states being a little weaker than SSBlue Goku.
The game claims Goku Xeno is weaker but the anime and manga of that game say otherwise.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:02 pm

4s is probably a lot weaker, and that's coming from a guy who gives it a bigger multiplier than most do.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:30 pm

I've seen them fight evenly in the anime of Dragon Ball Heroes and that proves to me that they are equal. Plus since SSJ4 brings out the user's full potential that has to be incredibly powerful.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:40 pm

I wouldn't base anything off of Heroes since it plays very fast and loose with peoples abilities. This is the same thing where Blue Vegetto needs Kaio-Ken to fight Base Kanba but then Goku does it with SSG.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:46 pm

Well its the best I've got and I count the anime and manga above the game. And I see no valid reason why SSJ4 should be weaker than SSJB. I don't subscribe to the idea that god ki makes everything superior. Plus it is in a sense an official source.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:15 am

Hulk10 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote:
The game claims Goku Xeno is weaker but the anime and manga of that game say otherwise.
The anime doesn't state anything, the manga either doesn't state anything or has Xeno being a little weaker like the arcade

They still don't matter because only the Arcade is canon to Heroes.
This is the same thing where Blue Vegetto needs Kaio-Ken to fight Base Kanba but then Goku does it with SSG.
in the arcade, Vegetto doesn't use Kaiohken vs SS Cumber.
And Mission #5 is not out yet, so we don't know how SSG will fare.
Anime and manga of Heroes, not canon, have Cumber wiping the floor with SSG Goku. Which makes sense, but they aren't canon, so....

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:21 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Hulk10 wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: the only comparison we have is Heroes, and in that the older and supposedly more experienced Goku:Xeno in SS4 states being a little weaker than SSBlue Goku.
The anime doesn't state anything, the manga either doesn't state anything or has Xeno being a little weaker like the arcade

They still don't matter because only the Arcade is canon to Heroes.
This is the same thing where Blue Vegetto needs Kaio-Ken to fight Base Kanba but then Goku does it with SSG.
in the arcade, Vegetto doesn't use Kaiohken vs SS Cumber.
And Mission #5 is not out yet, so we don't know how SSG will fare.
Anime and manga of Heroes, not canon, have Cumber wiping the floor with SSG Goku. Which makes sense, but they aren't canon, so....
Yes they do. The canon debate is not valid as there is no official set canon. I've seen the anime so you aren't going to get anywhere with convincing me otherwise. But I won't get anywhere with you either. So its pointless to debate. We each have different views.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:33 pm

Hulk10 wrote:Yes they do. The canon debate is not valid as there is no official set canon..
Yes, there is.
It's the arcade, where all the events first take place.
In-game story always takes only the previous Arcade stories as base. Not the manga nor the other ports.
No reason to think it's going to take the Anime, especially given the anime lacks MASSIVE parts of the story
Unless, of course, you believe Ozotto is a non-canon filler...

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:48 pm

Technically all officially released sources fall within the term canon. Which technically means that the anime and manga for Prison Planet Saga are canon too. And despite this literal meaning many fans maintain their own levels of canon, which can exclude things like games, movies, anime or manga.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:10 pm

Saturnine wrote:SSj4 Blue would be cool to have. Red hair would feel too similar to Gogeta's own SSj4, so something else would need to be come up with. Blue or white would be good picks I think. SSj4 could use anything, really - to make it feel more like an ultimate form and not as some sort of transition. I'd have liked it much more if it were just gold, and not this random red color.
SSJ4 Blue Gogeta vs. Toppo. Lopsided fight, I know, but you guys have already made a Super Saiyan form that looks exactly like Sonic, why not put him against Eggman?
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:13 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Why is that exactly? SSJ3 Goku with God Ki was nearly defeated by a SSJ2 Trunks with no God Ki in the manga. He needed to briefly use SSJG, not a far cry behind SSJ4 in raw power, to beat Trunks. That's not to say that SSJ4 + God Ki is totally insignificant, but that its not the final or ultimate SSJ power-up. I actually believe that Vegeta's SSJBE is stronger than even Full Power SSJ4(Goku's power-up used to overwhelm Syn Shenron & battle Omega Shenron) combined with God Ki, but that's just my opinion.
SSJB is basically the Super Saiyan version of SSJG so a combination of SSJ4 and God Ki would be incredibly powerful, not as powerful as Zeno of course but aside from that, they would be virtually unstoppable.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:45 am

theherodjl wrote:
Why is that exactly? SSJ3 Goku with God Ki was nearly defeated by a SSJ2 Trunks
Gonna have to stop you there. SSJ3 Goku doesnt have God Ki. God Ki is exclusive to the God transformations