Trunks and gotens strength by the TOP

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Trunks and gotens strength by the TOP

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:53 pm

What are we looking at Super Buu in their base states type of strength?

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Re: Trunks and gotens strength by the TOP

Post by Analytic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:16 am

Given how often they got shafted, I don't think they're that strong. If anything I'd say they were nerfed since they're shown not being much stronger than Cell Juniors in the manga.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:27 am

I would say that it's safe to assume they are at least bog base Goku pre ritual whom I believe is beyond perfect cell. Considering their gains in just 6 hours in the time chamber I believe that's a safe bet. The only reason I don't put them higher is because of the fact that goten lost to Mr. Buu in the last world tournament in the manga. Then again we don't know how much stronger Buu has gotten.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Analytic wrote:Given how often they got shafted, I don't think they're that strong. If anything I'd say they were nerfed since they're shown not being much stronger than Cell Juniors in the manga.
But they probably werent stronger than Cell Juniors during the Buu Arc anyway?

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:04 pm

They probably aren't even strong enough to defeat Freeza on Namek, assuming they fought one at a time and not together.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Analytic wrote:Given how often they got shafted, I don't think they're that strong. If anything I'd say they were nerfed since they're shown not being much stronger than Cell Juniors in the manga.
But they probably werent stronger than Cell Juniors during the Buu Arc anyway?
I don’t agree. Goten was nearly even with Gohan and Trunks was slightly stronger than Goten. They should all be well above Cell Junior level.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:05 pm

Yeah goten was pushing Gohan who is well above frieza. That was before they went in the time chamber, they probably have gotten stronger naturally since then in their base states they are probably above mastered super Saiyan Gohan vs cell if not perfect cell level probably stronger.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:34 pm

They are weaker than Cell Juniors.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Ssjcell wrote:Goten lost to Mr. Buu in the last world tournament in the manga. Then again we don't know how much stronger Buu has gotten.
We never saw Goten fight Mr. Buu in the manga. The only glimpse we see in the anime is Goten fighting Pan and losing. I assume he let her win but that's simply my interpretation.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:11 pm

Oops haven't read it in a long time I remember goten kinda worrying about fighting Buu and Goku saying something to the effect of that if he trained Buu would be no problem

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:19 pm

ZombieVito wrote:They are weaker than Cell Juniors.
Doesn't the Daizenshuu say that Goten's battle power isn't the least bit inferior to Gohan's in the Boo arc?

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Yeah they're not weaker than cell juniors there is so much evidence that contridicts that it's not even funny. Including statements by Goku saying they are gonna be stronger than the adult Saiyans before he realizes that they can become Super Saiyans. Goten fighting on par with Gohan and come on it's been years since the Buu arc ended every character has multiplied their powers since then like Kuririn Tien and master roshi. I don't see why the kids would be any different.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:53 pm

Analytic wrote: Doesn't the Daizenshuu say that Goten's battle power isn't the least bit inferior to Gohan's in the Boo arc?
I take it that it means potential.

As much as I hate the Super Manga, that bonus chapter sure is interesting for their powers. I always had them on par with the Juniours and then they are shown to be inferior to them in there.

They are also weaker than the already weak Gohan on RoF so it kinda fits.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 am

ZombieVito wrote:
Analytic wrote: Doesn't the Daizenshuu say that Goten's battle power isn't the least bit inferior to Gohan's in the Boo arc?
I take it that it means potential.

As much as I hate the Super Manga, that bonus chapter sure is interesting for their powers. I always had them on par with the Juniours and then they are shown to be inferior to them in there.

They are also weaker than the already weak Gohan on RoF so it kinda fits.
It flat-out says battle power. It's even supported by their sparring matches and Trunks's feats against Vegeta.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:32 am

Analytic wrote: It flat-out says battle power. It's even supported by their sparring matches and Trunks's feats against Vegeta.
Then the guide got it wrong because Trunks is not stronger than Gohan.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:36 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
Analytic wrote: It flat-out says battle power. It's even supported by their sparring matches and Trunks's feats against Vegeta.
Then the guide got it wrong because Trunks is not stronger than Gohan.
Post-RoSaT, why can't he be? Pre-RoSat Trunks should be near equals with Gohan, so I'm sure he got enough of a boost to be slightly stronger and Goten can equal Gohan. If anything is wrong here, it's the newer material. It seems to get a lot of things wrong.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:42 pm

Weaker than Roshi, in the ways that count, apparently.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Weaker than Roshi, in the ways that count, apparently.
I would say they they're stronger than roshi however I would say that Goku trusts roshi more than the boys after they were absorbed

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:30 pm

Ssjcell wrote:What are we looking at Super Buu in their base states type of strength?
Where did you get this? Even with ssj they haven't even proven they could beat namek Frieza, and max I would put them at Cell games ssj level. Their base is for sure weaker than namek Frieza as beginning of BoG Goku's base was.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:38 pm

dragon boss z wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:What are we looking at Super Buu in their base states type of strength?
Where did you get this? Even with ssj they haven't even proven they could beat namek Frieza, and max I would put them at Cell games ssj level. Their base is for sure weaker than namek Frieza as beginning of BoG Goku's base was.
It was just a guess to try to start a discussion, but to counter something you said, I think it's laughable to put base Goku weaker than frieza. Goku was heavily suppressed when beerus made that statement. Goku Gohan and vegeta were all stated to be way above piccolo in their base forms by dabura and babidi right before kabito was killed. Piccolo was probably well above cell juniors why does everyone just ignore this statement and act like it never happened?