Strength of the king of salada

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Strength of the king of salada

Post by Ssjcell » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:16 pm

How strong do you estimate the king of salada strength does it compare to ssj caulifa ? You think this would have been addressed besides a vague line from cabba.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: Strength of the king of salada

Post by PFM18 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:28 pm

He's not that strong at all relative to DBS characters otherwise he would have competed in the ToP. By Z standards he could be considered really strong, he could conceivably be like Perfect Cell level without contradicting anything.

R. Daneel Olivaw
Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:33 pm

This isn't an answer, but I imagine the King of Sadala as a one-armed man. Cabba would take Vegeta to see him and Vegeta would obviously not mention the arm because he has social awareness. Goku goes too for whatever reason, maybe Caulifla wanted him to come. The first thing Goku says is "Hey, that guy's only got one arm!"
Vegeta is horrified and he smacks Goku in the head for being so disrespectful. He tries to apologize for Goku's rudeness but the King laughs and says it's OK. He adds "To answer your next question: No, I didn't lose it in a fight. I had an illness and it had to be amputated."
Basically, I imagine him as the opposite of King Vegeta. I imagine him as a really chill and down-to-earth (er, down-to-sadala?) person. Later one we see he's an epic fighter despite missing an arm. In fact, he doesn't want a prosthetic replacement because he's used to it and it would upset his balance when fighting.
I don't think King Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan but any means, just the highest-ranking. I would guess the same is true for the King of Sadala. Maybe he has a military background and is stronger than the average U6 Saiyan, but not at the level of prodigies like Caulifla or Kale. He's probably a kind person and works very well with people.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:11 am

He probably isn't that strong compared to the other saiyans. But also remember even if he was the strongest saiyan. He couldn't drop everything and join. He is a king and has responsiblites. Also he doesn't have ssj. So even if he was stronger he wouldn't have the advantage that the other three have.

SaiyanGod117
Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:06 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:He probably isn't that strong compared to the other saiyans. But also remember even if he was the strongest saiyan. He couldn't drop everything and join. He is a king and has responsiblites. Also he doesn't have ssj. So even if he was stronger he wouldn't have the advantage that the other three have.
The TOP was only 48 minutes.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:52 am

SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:He probably isn't that strong compared to the other saiyans. But also remember even if he was the strongest saiyan. He couldn't drop everything and join. He is a king and has responsiblites. Also he doesn't have ssj. So even if he was stronger he wouldn't have the advantage that the other three have.
Doesn’t matter, but I guess the big reason is that he is past his prime and is 80 years old or older.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:51 pm

R. Daneel Olivaw wrote:This isn't an answer, but I imagine the King of Sadala as a one-armed man. Cabba would take Vegeta to see him and Vegeta would obviously not mention the arm because he has social awareness. Goku goes too for whatever reason, maybe Caulifla wanted him to come. The first thing Goku says is "Hey, that guy's only got one arm!"
Vegeta is horrified and he smacks Goku in the head for being so disrespectful. He tries to apologize for Goku's rudeness but the King laughs and says it's OK. He adds "To answer your next question: No, I didn't lose it in a fight. I had an illness and it had to be amputated."
Basically, I imagine him as the opposite of King Vegeta. I imagine him as a really chill and down-to-earth (er, down-to-sadala?) person. Later one we see he's an epic fighter despite missing an arm. In fact, he doesn't want a prosthetic replacement because he's used to it and it would upset his balance when fighting.
I don't think King Vegeta was the strongest Saiyan but any means, just the highest-ranking. I would guess the same is true for the King of Sadala. Maybe he has a military background and is stronger than the average U6 Saiyan, but not at the level of prodigies like Caulifla or Kale. He's probably a kind person and works very well with people.
That would be really cool. I like that idea a lot. Him being a humble guy and a nice person who happens to have lost a limb to an illness but can fight like a badass anyway. Goku shows up to meet him and is just entirely clueless as to how to handle it and blurts out a rude comment about his missing arm and Vegeta slaps him for it. Of course, similar to King Vegeta, he would be stronger than say an average Universe 6 Saiyan,(Which are much stronger than their U7 counterparts of course) but not nearly as strong as the likes of Cabba, Caulifla and Kale.
It wouldn't matter because if they lost his Kingdom would no longer exist. If he was strong enough he would have competed and represented the Universe but he simply wasn't. Like I said, he could still have significant strength, say being Perfect Cell level in Base, without contradicting anything. He would still be vastly inferior to Cabba,Kale and Caulifla

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:10 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote:
Doesn’t matter, but I guess the big reason is that he is past his prime and is 80 years old or older.
Where did you get this information? And would that even be past his prime considering he is a saiyan?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:41 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
SaiyanGod117 wrote: The TOP was only 48 minutes.
Where did you get this information? And would that even be past his prime considering he is a saiyan?
Sorry, I meant he could be past his prime. Goku said before U6 arc while in the Time chamber, that saiyans become weaker after 80.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:43 pm

Berserker1921 wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Sorry, I meant he could be past his prime. Goku said before U6 arc while in the Time chamber, that saiyans become weaker after 80.
How would Goku know this? Lol maybe vegeta told him.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:44 pm

Ssjcell wrote:
Berserker1921 wrote:
Ssjcell wrote:
How would Goku know this? Lol maybe vegeta told him.
Vegeta did. Lol.