Did beerus use the dragonballs to wish for immortality?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Did beerus use the dragonballs to wish for immortality?

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:43 pm

I ask this for a few reasons
1. He refers to Goku and Vegeta as mortals
2. He is extremely old
3. He recognizes the dragonballs for what they are

Do you think he used the dragonballs to wish for immortality?

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Did beerus use the dragonballs to wish for immortality?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:47 pm

1. He refers to Goku and Vegeta as mortals
He is a God, all Gods call them "mortals". And all mortals aknowledge that they are mortals. Gowasu called them mortals and he is certainly no immortal, seeing how he was killed twice by Zamasu. First in the alternate present timeline, and then in the future timeline.
2. He is extremely old
All Gods can live for many millions of years. But I don't think that they are immortal, I think they just have very long lifespans. One of the perks of having ascended to Godhood, I guess. Just think of Gowasu, who is many millions of years old, and yet he realized that he would die one day, hence why he sought an apprentice (Zamasu) that would watch over Universe 10 when he would be gone.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:13 pm

Goku and Vegeta both are God's now and he still refers to them as mortals ... I would think the reason for this and him being at least 15 generations of kais old combined with the fact that he recognized the dragonballs I would say it stands to reason that he used the dragonballs to wish for immortality

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:50 am

Ssjcell wrote:Goku and Vegeta both are God's now and he still refers to them as mortals ... I would think the reason for this and him being at least 15 generations of kais old combined with the fact that he recognized the dragonballs I would say it stands to reason that he used the dragonballs to wish for immortality
His knowledge of Dragon Balls is limited to the Namekian ones and it's doubtful those can actually grant immortality like the Super ones can.
And he calls them ningen, which means human. They translate it as mortal, presumably because it'd be too confusing calling every intelligent bipedal lifeform human, even though they have translated it as human in the past.

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:59 am

No, I would say almost definitely not. As others have mentioned he is a god so calling people mortals makes and being old makes sense.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:27 am

Even if your theory were true, why did Beerus die in the future timeline, when Shin was slain? He was immortal, after all, it doesn't matter if his life was linked to Shin's, because he could not die anymore thanks to the Dragon's power.

To put this in perspective, Zamasu's entire body was DESTROYED. You kind of need your body to live... your life is linked to your body. But since Zamasu was immortal, his spirit survived the destruction of his body. And indeed in the end Zamasu was not killed, he was erased from existence, which is different.

So if Beerus were truly immortal, he wouldn't have been affected by Shin's death in the future timeline.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:27 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Even if your theory were true, why did Beerus die in the future timeline, when Shin was slain? He was immortal, after all, it doesn't matter if his life was linked to Shin's, because he could not die anymore thanks to the Dragon's power.

To put this in perspective, Zamasu's entire body was DESTROYED. You kind of need your body to live... your life is linked to your body. But since Zamasu was immortal, his spirit survived the destruction of his body. And indeed in the end Zamasu was not killed, he was erased from existence, which is different.

So if Beerus were truly immortal, he wouldn't have been affected by Shin's death in the future timeline.
This and the fact that he wouldn't tell Goku about protecting Shin when he was going to Zeno's palace, so he is not inmmortal in the present timeline either. (If he was it could had explained why he hadn't noticed the fact that Kid Buu killed/absorbed the other Kais because he never cared if they were killed.)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:56 pm

I think this is answered pretty clearly when Whis offers Goku the God of Destruction job when Beerus dies.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:I think this is answered pretty clearly when Whis offers Goku the God of Destruction job when Beerus dies.
That is what we call a clue, I guess he didn't.