Is Freeza's Ki Based More In Mental Prowess Than The Physical Kind?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is Freeza's Ki Based More In Mental Prowess Than The Physical Kind?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:50 pm

It would explain why Freeza could improve drastically from using a total weakling as a punching bag for only four months, and how he potentially doubled his Ki just from using mental imagery while in Hell. Freeza's psychic powers are great enough that he can telekinetically move a mass of rock that is the size of a small mountain(which was never really implied to be his upper limit), and use objects in the nearby vicinity to protect himself from even U11 Fighters.
Might it have to do with his race, and/or status as a mutant of cruelty? or is there something else about Freeza that hasn't been fully explored or has yet to be explored?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Is Freeza's Ki Based More In Mental Prowess Than The Physical Kind?

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Is this referring to shoki because if so then I don't think we've ever heard of there being an inordinate disproportion of the components that make up ki. Well, nothing that's been openly acknowledged in the manga or show, that is. I've heard some people put forth the idea that Gohan's self-doubt after having lost the usage of one of his arms to Cell caused his yuki to wane, as a result leaving him with less ki in general due to this imbalance.

Answering the question -- Freeza has shown aptitude for telekinesis, but it's not to the same degree of dependency or utilisation emphasis as other fighters like Chaozu and Shin have used it.