How powerful is Buu saga?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Locutus

How powerful is Buu saga?

Post by Locutus » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:05 pm

We know Cell can destroy a solar system and Beerus fighting ssjgod Goku would destroy the Universe. Where does that leave Buu saga? In the manga we have statements constantly telling us Buu would destroy the Universe, even Fat Buu gets that label.

The anime shows more explicit stuff like a Gaalxy vanishing on screen, Grand Kais planet nearly getting one shotted, and Buuhans vice shout. You also get tons of expanded material in the video games like Shin Budokai 2 stating Buu blowing up the Universe right after blowing up Earth, and Buus movie counterpart aka Janemba warping the afterlife with his power. Finally, Gokus spirit Bomb against Buu was made with energy from the entire Universe.

It also seems like they made the Spirit Bomb that powerful to show the difference between Super and Z like how they did wiht Z and part 1. Part 1 showed Destroying the Moon being done by the strongest attack.at the time but in Z a standard ki attack can perform that feat. Same case could be with Super where the most powerful attack can destroy the Universe (Spirit bomb) but a mere clash of punches can do that (Goku vs. Beerus)

Please tell me what you guys have to think. I think Buu saga being able to destroy multiple galaxies with destroying the universe in one attack with the strongest attack available makes sense.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: How powerful is Buu saga?

Post by Lionel » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:21 am

When looking at the larger scale of the Milky Way galaxy, you might be surprised to learn that the Solar System is downright infinitesimal in terms of expansiveness. There's estimated to be 200 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. Our system would be the equivalent of a tiny pinprick on a massive sheet of black paper by comparison.

If the show scaled destructive power consistently, the Milky Way Galaxy would remain mostly untouched even after SSJ3 Vegetto gave off his strongest attack ever.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Lionel wrote:When looking at the larger scale of the Milky Way galaxy, you might be surprised to learn that the Solar System is downright infinitesimal in terms of expansiveness. There's estimated to be 200 billion stars in the Milky Way Galaxy. Our system would be the equivalent of a tiny pinprick on a massive sheet of black paper by comparison.

If the show scaled destructive power consistently, the Milky Way Galaxy would remain mostly untouched even after SSJ3 Vegetto gave off his strongest attack ever.
This is exactly the reason why "destructive power" or "destructive capacity" is not a good way of measurement because the DB verse itself is different from our own universe. Our universe is infinitely expanding and for that reason it is immeasurable, but galaxies and solar systems CAN be quantified based on the number of stars. In DB, the solar system is defined by the planets and objects that orbit the Sun and that's it.

There are many different kinds of galaxies ranging from dwarf to Giant which a range of stars between 10^8 to 10^14. Hence, if you really want to quantify the DB verse's galaxy, you'd use the Milky Way which contains 250 billion or 2.5*10^11 stars. If Super Perfect Cell is at the solar system level, then Kid Buu who can destroy 1 galaxy is around 10^11 times more "destructive power" than Super Perfect Cell. The universe as I said before is immeasurable, so when a character is stated to be capable of destroying a single universe, we have no idea what their "destructive power" is. So, people guess based on astronomy that there's an average of 100 billion galaxies in the universe. That's 100x10^9 or 10^11 again. In terms of stars, it's 10^22. So people try to scale Beerus as 10^11 times more powerful than Kid Buu. This is why I don't like to use destructive power as a means to powerscale.

I mean when you read this, does it tell you anything? The reason we powerscale is to understand or gauge the strength of a character relative to another. The only way to do this is by feats or fights given in the show/manga. Power levels are not reliable anymore given that the last power level ended with the Freeza saga. The only way is to just do comparisons like A>B to be accurate. The rest is just headcanon.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:08 pm

Given how Post self destruct Cell, who is SSJ2 tier, is Solar System Buster, most of the characters ought to be multi Solar System bursters. SSJ3 Vegetto may be closing on Galaxy Buster, but that's unlikely.

This just goes to show how ridiculously above Vegetto SSJG is. Dude couldn't even blow up a galaxy, yet SSJG fighting almost shatters the universe.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:26 pm

I think the supreme kai was saying Buu would go from planet to planet blowing them up like he did Earth ...which would take a very long time to do...

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:40 pm

In the anime we see a flashback where Fat Buu erases a galaxy over an unclear period of time. Likely he simply destroyed it but by bit rather than in one shot. But it does indicate that even destroying large solar systems is something easy to the weakest form of Buu. Gohan-Buu is also capable of destroying the universe. Not by annihilating in one shot, but by ripping open the walls between dimensions with his ki and causing them to crush each other.

If you want to get technical, the volume of some of Super Buu's beams relative to the intensity (which should be far greater than Cell's Solar Kamehameha) also implies pretty extreme things about his own power generation. Nowhere near "galaxy busting" though.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.