Can SSJ Grade Forms 2 & 3 Be Stacked On Top Of FPSSJ?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Can SSJ Grade Forms 2 & 3 Be Stacked On Top Of FPSSJ?

Post by theherodjl » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:33 pm

It seems like they should, right? If they can, how come they never made a reappearance after the first fight with Perfect Cell? FPSSJ got rid of the strain that the ordinary SSJ form had so wouldn't a hypothetical FPSSJ Grade 2 only have as much strain as the ordinary SSJ Grade 2 form? Or is it just too much of a liability to use even with the additional power of SSJG2, and then the greater boost & speed reduction with SSJG3?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: Can SSJ Grade Forms 2 & 3 Be Stacked On Top Of FPSSJ?

Post by nato25 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:03 pm

theherodjl wrote:It seems like they should, right? If they can, how come they never made a reappearance after the first fight with Perfect Cell? FPSSJ got rid of the strain that the ordinary SSJ form had so wouldn't a hypothetical FPSSJ Grade 2 only have as much strain as the ordinary SSJ Grade 2 form? Or is it just too much of a liability to use even with the additional power of SSJG2, and then the greater boost & speed reduction with SSJG3?
Well FPSSJ was just a more complete form. There was no way they would win if they used the Grade forms (as proven by Trunks). Then SSJ2 debuted days after they got out of the room of spirit and time and that was the new thing to aim for. So I guess they could stack it, but it would be pointless?

Also Trunks does use SSJ Grade 3 very briefly in his training fight against Vegeta in Dragon Ball Super, but only as a fake out to lower Vegeta's guard. So it is confirmed they still have access to those forms, they are just useless in a fight.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:40 am

I don't think so. I believe they get replaced with the capacity for Super Saiyan 2 instead, because the 'Grade' forms are just flawed attempts at tapping into that same reserve of "beyond Super Saiyan" power. Mastering the initial SS1 form is laying the proper groundwork to transcend it properly, resulting in SS2.

I will gladly ignore many things from Super, especially the anime-only bunk return of SS Grade 3 (and I'm still not even sure if that was supposed to be a "SS2 Grade 3" instead anyway). The alternative "hypercharged SS2+" thing that Trunks showed off in the manga version makes a lot more internal sense.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:03 am

What's with this "ignore DBS"? Cell showed Trunks the equivalent of Grade II to demoralize him and failed to defend himself against Gohan with the equivalent of Grade III. In those two instances, he already had access to his full power, and he used it after he fought Goku. It's no surprise that these two forms are shortcuts towards one's full power, but they're still available for a showcase, hence why Trunks reused one of them to lure Vegeta in Super.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:19 am

Desassina wrote:What's with this "ignore DBS"? Cell showed Trunks the equivalent of Grade II to demoralize him and failed to defend himself against Gohan with the equivalent of Grade III. In those two instances, he already had access to his full power, and he used it after he fought Goku. It's no surprise that these two forms are shortcuts towards one's full power, but they're still available for a showcase, hence why Trunks reused one of them to lure Vegeta in Super.
It's not even that they're completely separate forms, either.

Grades 2 and 3 are basically just pumping out power and buffing up intentionally, something seemingly ANY fighter can do if they're good enough.

===

As for the actual topic, it's definitely possible and technically has already happened if Future Trunks is anything to go by. SS Grade 4 is basically just regular Super Saiyan in function; it's not really any different beyond being almost strain-free in the short-term. So, technically speaking, any Saiyan who has mastered the basic Super Saiyan form who knows how to buff up to get stronger could probably do it, even if it's normally useless to do so.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:54 pm

Nominally speaking, yes.

"Full Power" is "simply" mastering the base transformation. Grades 2 and 3 are "simply" forcing a greater power-output at cost of stamina(and speed for G3).
Basically, the Super Saiyan Transformation equivalent of Kaiohken.

You COULD, after mastering SS("Full Power"), forcing Grade.2 or 3, but given nobody ever did that, I'd say it would completely useless and probably completelyu defeat the poing of mastering SS
(except Future Trunks against Vegeta, but that was just a feint)

If anything, Super Saiyan 3 is the "Grade-2" of Super Saiyan 2....