Gohan SSJ vs Gohan SSJ2 breakdown

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ahill1
Regular

Re: Gohan SSJ vs Gohan SSJ2 breakdown

Post by ahill1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:58 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
ahill1 wrote:Could you repeat the counter-argument for this tibit? I think I have forgotten it, sorry. But yeah, I admitted that not every point was absent from its counter-points, so even if a point could still be countered, I'd still like to include it as a kind of backing up for whichever side you are adhering to.
Mastering SSJ doesn't mean you don't eat up energy while fighting, Goku was pretty much wasted after his fight with Cell. The fight was already going on for a while (Roshi stated he sensed "A cluster of Ki" during the Trunks vs #18 fight, yet the narrator says the fight was still going on by the time the Budokai ended), so it's natural a rusty Gohan would get tired faster than Dabra. Plus SSJ2 is never implied to have any stamina issues.
Goku made use of chi-blasts and a full power KMHMH against Cell though, whereas Gohan did none of that against Dabura, at least nothing that'd justify such stamina depletion as needing a Senzu Bean afterwards. Maybe Dabura's energy attack, which didn't take much from Gohan's energy, still contributed in depleting his stamina at a more intensive rate though... shrugs.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Yeah, mastering Super Saiyan and fixing its stamina issues doesn't mean you don't still get tired from actual fighting. It just means you don't get extra tired from merely maintaining the form itself at the same time.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:10 pm

ahill1 wrote:Goku made use of chi-blasts and a full power KMHMH against Cell though, whereas Gohan did none of that against Dabura, at least nothing that'd justify such stamina depletion as needing a Senzu Bean afterwards. Maybe Dabura's energy attack, which didn't take much from Gohan's energy, still contributed in depleting his stamina at a more intensive rate though... shrugs.
Fighting hand to hand can be tiring too, see Goku vs Piccolo Jr were Goku was completely fine after firing a Super Kamehameha but got exhausted by fighting Piccolo hand to hand.

Though Gohan would need to be going all out to get tired fighting hand to hand, and if Gohan were a SSJ he would've been holding back and would have energy in the tank... Oh, now i see it. Gohan would not have gotten tired if he was holding back...
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

ahill1
Regular

Post by ahill1 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:24 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
ahill1 wrote:Goku made use of chi-blasts and a full power KMHMH against Cell though, whereas Gohan did none of that against Dabura, at least nothing that'd justify such stamina depletion as needing a Senzu Bean afterwards. Maybe Dabura's energy attack, which didn't take much from Gohan's energy, still contributed in depleting his stamina at a more intensive rate though... shrugs.
Fighting hand to hand can be tiring too, see Goku vs Piccolo Jr were Goku was completely fine after firing a Super Kamehameha but got exhausted by fighting Piccolo hand to hand.

Though Gohan would need to be going all out to get tired fighting hand to hand, and if Gohan were a SSJ he would've been holding back and would have energy in the tank... Oh, now i see it. Gohan would not have gotten tired if he was holding back...
Well, like you said, Goku had already fired the Super KMHMH, plus fired one from his foot as well, so it stands a reason he'd already show signs of being tired afterwards. The scene in which they begun showing sings of tiredness was right after Goku's foot KMHMH and Piccolo's antenna energy attack if I am not remembering the sequence of events wrongly, which justifies them having their energy drained quicker.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:13 pm

The tell tale sign he wasn't ss2 was after he got dabura's spit on his glove and takes his glove off his eyes are that of a full powered super Saiyan and his ability to maintain his mastery of super Saiyan is what saved his life in the fight...maybe someone can provide the picture of his eyes

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:18 am

Vegetto also transformed with sparks all around him and then fought with the SSJ aura. Who's to say that he didn't gauge the opponent and thought of his full power to be enough without ascending? Transformation is still an intense moment for them not to go a bit out of control. If Goku Black is to go by in the Dragon Ball Super manga, which Akira Toriyama contributed to by downlining his SSJ transformation, then the sparks are merely an indicator of the level that they are in, regardless of the form beneath them, otherwise present in SSJ2 and 3 because they're more powerful. However, Gohan hadn't trained to keep his level up there, so he is ascended but not quite full power.