What is the point of humanity? EP 131 SPOILERS

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

What is the point of humanity? EP 131 SPOILERS

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:06 pm

What is the actual point of humanity in the DB verse?

Zeno were cool with erasing every universe, if the winner didn't revive all the other universes, but they had faith that Goku and co. could change something in humans and so it proved, that Android 17 underwent character development and cast aside his selfish wish for a selfless one.

That's good and all, but what is it that they want out of humanity? Should humans just develop into all living peacefully and birthing new generations for all eternity or could there perhaps be something more in store for them?
All of them eventually becoming gods or something?

I'm sure the question wasn't answered in the show, because there probably isn't one available from the writers. It's like asking what is the meaning of life, but let's see theories!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: What is the point of humanity? EP 131 SPOILERS

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 pm

The truth? There is no point in humanity. There isn't. The cosmos has existed for many eons before the first mortals even awakened. In fact, I don't even know why the Gods created them in the first place. Were they bored or something? Did they feel lonely in the emptiness of the cosmos? This is not like in real life, when there was no one before the first lifeforms came to exist. No, because in the Dragon Ball universe, There were Gods before humans were created. And they lived in harmony in a beautiful paradise. But then they decided to create mortals. Why?

No matter. When Gods created mortals, they made a dire mistake. For mortals grew too powerful, beyond the divine reach of the Gods, and began following their own, twisted desires. And so the Gods could no longer control the very world that they had created, thus they couldn't be called "deities" anymore. Proving that the Gods really didn't need to create mortals. I mean, I guess that they had fun doing it, and were satisfied for a time by their creations, but the result was only one: Mortals eventually stained the once pristine and pure cosmos.

I still don't see how Android 17 making a selfless wish means that all mortals are selfless and worth existing. Just as they have the potential to do good, they have the potential to commit heinous atrocities, as we can see from Frieza, Frost, Broly, Vegeta, etc. And so, the logic of Zeno is just a "mirror" of the logic of Zamasu. But since Zeno can erase anyone, no one can defy him. The beauty of tyranny.

Frankly, Zeno's logic doesn't make any sense. And so it is difficult to answer the question: What does he expect from mortals? He proves that there is at least one mortal in the cosmos who is selfless. So what? Is he just going to ignore the fact that despicable curs like Frieza, Frost and Jiren could have won the Tournament and made a selfish wish?

But isn't Zeno's logic the same "flawed" logic that Zamasu adopted? The logic that motivated him to enact the ambitious Project Zero Mortals? Instead of looking at the bigger picture, Zeno, much like Zamasu, is just focusing on a single individual, on a single example. Zamasu deemed all mortals evil because of the arrogant Son Goku and the violent Babarians. And now Zeno is doing the same thing, only that he deems all mortals good merely because of the wise Android 17.

But if Zeno expects something from mortal kind, why is he not trying to set the Gods of Destruction (who were mortals) on the right path? He knows that Beerus and Champa are incompetent, he even reprimanded them for holding tournaments in their name instead of upholding their divine duties as Destroyers. And yet he still ultimately condoned their behaviour, instead of guiding them on the right path.

Waluigiman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Waluigiman » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Are you sure you are not Zamasu? :shock:
There is no point in humanity because they have to make one just like giving a meaning to life.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Tell me this, if you have children what do you want out of them?

On a basic level they are to continue your blood line and our species, it's the only form of immortality we have in this life. But as a parent what do you want from them, or any life you nurture for that matter. To watch it grow, develop and in time be it's own thing independent of you and hopefully happy and good.

Creation for creations sake is nothing but total boredom if it all plays to your tune. But life, that wonderful flawed thing, need to be free to make it's own way or it's not alive. Simple put I don't think they want anything out of us in the martial sense. I think that to Zen-Oh and the other gods, the multiverse is like a garden. They gave us life because they could, gave us freedom so we could be alive and now want to simple get the best out of us.