What if the Androids or Buu learned the Shin Kikoho?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

What if the Androids or Buu learned the Shin Kikoho?

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:35 am

Would their effectively bottomless stamina mean that they can complete negate the one weakness of this technique and just spam it until the cows come home, leaving them completely broken against anything resembling a peer foe?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: What if the Androids or Buu learned the Shin Kikoho?

Post by Pantalones » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:12 am

Hmm... not sure if it was a dub-only thing or what, but wasn't the Kikoho mentioned as draining the user's life or shortening their lifespan, rather than merely depleting one's stamina like SSj3 or Golden Freeza do? It doesn't just make you tired (drain your physical or ki energy reserves), it actually harms you if overused or used when you're already in rough shape, and we see Tenshinhan killed by this backlash against Nappa. So I'd say the Androids certainly wouldn't be immune to the side-effects, as their bodies are still essentially human and they do seem to age, albeit slower than ordinary humans like Bulma. They might be able to handle it a bit better than "pure" humans, but they'd still be affected by the life-drain eventually. It's hard to say how long #17 or #18 could live since the story doesn't really extend far enough in the future for them to worry about death by old age, but Dragonball Online doesn't mention them still being around in its time period (unlike Piccolo) so they don't seem to be capable of living for several centuries like Roshi or the Namekians can.

Piccolo or another powerful Namekian would probably get even more use out of it than any human (including the cyborgs), or any Saiyan for that matter since they don't live much longer than humans (they just take longer to become "elderly" and lose their strength.) Namekians live a long time; the Nameless Namek who became Kami (and split off the evil within himself which became Piccolo Daimao) was born in Age 242... so Kami was a whopping 525 years of age when he fused with Piccolo. The Grand Elder might have been even older, though his age is unclear (wiki has him being born in Age 261, the same year that the disaster on Namek wiped out most of the population... but then notes that it's "on or before" that year. I'm guessing he's at least a decade or two older than that, considering he's the one who repopulated the planet afterward!)

Buu probably would be the ideal user of this technique since his lifespan is basically forever (he's seemingly the oldest currently-living character aside from possibly high gods like Zen'ou, going by the comments on him "existing since time immemorial") and he can regenerate from Buu-smoke particles so he could literally keep Kikoho-ing until his body falls apart and be just fine. The only limit would be if he runs out of ki, pretty much. Of course, going by Dragonball Online there is a point where Buu becomes "less immortal" after spawning an entire race of Buu-things, but... we never actually see that Buu, and it sounds like that's pretty much the point where he settles down and raises his family rather than actively fighting anymore, so it's unlikely he'd be running around firing off powerful ki attacks then anyway.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: What if the Androids or Buu learned the Shin Kikoho?

Post by Lionel » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:32 am

Once again, Pantalones explains it well. I'm wondering if using the Kikoho doesn't create some kind of disparity in someone's genki with relation to their shoki and guuki. Maybe it's a false comparison but life force and genki appear to have some overlapping characteristics with one another. Obviously someone like Buu wouldn't have to fret about his life energy because he's an immortal djinn with no apparent end to his life in sight (haven't looked at DB Online). Someone like Tenshinhan appears capable of using it so often both because of his age and possibly his acclimatisation to the expenditure. What other kinds of techniques could likened to the type of fatal sacrifice that's technically being experienced with the Kikoho? I think the Final Explosion or whatever it is that Vegeta used against Buu follows a similar principle. His life force doesn't seem to be comparable to the likes of Buu, though.