Should SSJB & SSJBE's Names Be Changed To SSJG2 & SSJG3 Respectively?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Should SSJB & SSJBE's Names Be Changed To SSJG2 & SSJG3 Respectively?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:01 pm

It makes sense doesn't it? Two forms above SSJG that simply improve upon it's power just like how SSJ2 & SSJ3 do for SSJ? Or not???
I'd like to think that SSJBE is the final form of the Godly SSJ lineage similar to how SSJ3 was the final form in the basic SSJ lineage, but do you suppose there may be more transformations on top of it that would effectively cancel out the concept of SSJB & SSJBE being a SSJ2 & SSJ3 equivalent?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sintzu
Banned

Re: Should SSJB & SSJBE's Names Be Changed To SSJG2 & SSJG3 Respectively?

Post by sintzu » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:36 am

What would've made sense was for SsjG to be a base Saiyan god with Blue being SsjG and Evolution being an AssjG.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:18 am

SSJG2 name would be as dumb as SSJ4 if you ask me.

SSJ Blue mixes SSJ with Super Saiyan God so the name SSGSS is correct.

Speaking of SSJBE, as far as i know this form was confirmed to be a filler exclusive to anime so naming it SSJG3 would stop Toriyama from creating such form in future.
The same way SSJ4 doesn't let Toriyama make his version of SSJ4 without overwriting existing one that shouldn't even be called like this.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:00 pm

Having halfway-unique names is one of the few things the god-forms have that sets them apart in any way. Taking that away would just give them an even worse image than they already have.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:20 pm

I don't think it would be accurate. Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are power ups from the original Super Saiyan, whereas SSJB is Super Saiyan stacked on top of SSJ God.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: Should SSB & SSBE's Names Be Changed To SSG2 & SSG3 Respectively?

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:41 pm

My short answer is no.
For starters, Super Saiyan Blue is just a nickname for Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan (and so is Super Saiyan Rosé, by the way). SSGSS is Super Saiyan 1 + Super Saiyan God, not just a powered up Super Saiyan God. Since it's not a direct powerup from Super Saiyan God, calling it Super Saiyan God 2 wouldn't really make sense. Sidenote, GT's Super Saiyan 4 should also not be named Super Saiyan 4 in my opinion.
I understand wanting to give Super Saiyan Blue Evolution some kind of "Blue 2" name, as it actually is a direct powerup from the regular Super Saiyan Blue, but even then, I think a "Grade 2" name would fit better.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:05 pm

IMHO the main issue is Red having the "Super" prefix, as it's completely unrelated to the Super Saiyan transformation.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:15 am

There's no issue with Super Saiyan God. It's the transformed state (hence Super) of a being from the Saiyan race with the lineage of a God. Just because Goku and Vegeta went Super Saiyan with its power, doesn't mean that they should be called Saiyan Gods* with the red form, but the mouthful (yet cool abbreviation) SSGSS was named from a line of dialogue, which the manga tackled in a tongue in cheek manner, and the anime simply forgot by using Blue in its place. It makes room for Rosé as well, which might as well be the coolest concept, before Ultra Instincts (Omen).

*although you could say that, when they power up in base prior to the Blue transformation, they are in a God state below SSJG past the mortal realm, and that Goku Black achieved it with SSJ, because he fought above the numbered forms. It's either base God or God SSJ before SSJG and then Blue.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:34 am

from multipliers standpoint that completly makes no sense. ssb in more than a x2 from ssg, and ssbe is much miore than a x4 from ssb.

the situation is :

god x50 = blue

blue x20 = blue evolution

so, that way of thinking of yours doesnt make any sense even in a lowball