How strong would fourth transformation King Cold be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

How strong would fourth transformation King Cold be?

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:46 pm

He was the father of frieza he must have had huge potential would he be able to beat Android saga 17?

RedHeat
Regular

Re: How strong would fourth transformation King Cold be?

Post by RedHeat » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:08 pm

He was probably a lot weaker than Frieza considering it only took one blade to the chest to kill him.
Feels over Reals.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:52 pm

I don't think he can transform. Heroes certainly doesn't seem to think so despite the plethora of what-if transformations they give to literally everyone. That form we saw him in is his true form and it's all he has.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:57 pm

If King Cold was in his 2nd form based on his appearance, then Final Form Cold should be massively stronger than Mecha Freeza, possibly Grade 2 Super Saiyan level.

This is because 2nd Form Freeza had a power level of 1 million, while his full final form was 120 million. Since King Cold was either slightly weaker (in the manga) or slightly stronger (in the anime) than Mecha Freeza (lets just say that he's even), 4th form Cold would be at least 120 times stronger than Mecha Freeza. He would be comparable to the likes of ASSJ Vegeta and ASSJ Trunks when they fought Semi-Perfect Cell.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:14 pm

Well, the King Cold we see was described as being a bit stronger than the level of power they were sensing from Freeza, or at least in the same range. Of course, this was Freeza when he was probably heavily suppressed (maybe 3,000,000ish like when he first fought Goku on Namek?), not the level he powered up to later before Trunks killed him and definitely not his 100%.

Going by that... if you assume Cold's forms work the same way as Freeza's, then if he went to his true form and powered up to his 100% power he'd end up maybe 2-3 times stronger than Freeza was on Namek. The upper limit of that would potentially put him near the Androids in power.

However... there's no reason to believe that Freeza's race all have the same forms with the same levels of power. Their forms are not something built-in that they unlock like Super Saiyan, they create them to help them suppress their natural power to be more manageable in day-to-day life. The only other one of them that we actually see transform all the way through is Frost, but he's Freeza's 6th Universe "twin" so it makes sense that he'd have the same forms as Freeza. Cooler's true form is described as being his fourth form, but it's pretty different-looking from Freeza's final form (all that purple and only some lighter-colored armor bits, rather than pure white; about average-human-height rather than very short) so we can't assume his other three forms resemble Freeza's at all. And then there's Chilled who is a real oddball, since it seems his small, horned, "first form" looking appearance is actually his true form... or he just didn't transform against Bardock, for whatever reason. I do like the idea that Freeza's race has a wider variety of "true form" appearances rather than having forms that always look like Freeza, so I'm just going to assume Chilled had no other forms.

So King Cold doesn't necessarily have two more forms beyond the one we see him in. Even if he does, they might not increase his power as much as Freeza's do, so he could end up equal to or lesser than Freeza in his true form. Or he could have only one more transformation beyond the huge horned form we see in the series, and that transformation might not be that much stronger than his current form. In either case, I would figure that he'd max out around 50% Freeza's level at best -- he does describe his son as "strongest in the universe," after all. Another option is that he's like Chilled, and the form we see him in is in fact his true form... meaning that the only way he'd grow stronger than the 3,000,000ish level he was sensed at would be to bulk up to "100%" the way Freeza did (and risk wearing himself out too quickly for it to do him any good.)

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:09 pm

I would venture to say he doesnt have any transformations but if he could unlock them
I have his power level around 95 million there's nothing that contridicts this
I have Mecha frieza at 100 million (I don't think he powered up to max)
Trunks at 175 million I think that's fair and nothing contridicts this in the manga or anime

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Its possible that Cold's appearance is his fourth form if you think about it. Cold's strength nearly matches his son's, and he looks very imposing in comparison to a form that suppresses power & size like Freeza's 1st form. Then there's the possibility that Cold is in his birth form, and doesn't transform like his father/grandfather Chilled, making Freeza & Coola unique for being the first generation of shape-changers. One more possibility is that Cold can transform...but only to suppress his strength hence why he appears to be in his 'second' form while he uses his 'first' form just to hold back, giving him two forms in total.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

dragon boss z
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:19 pm

There are two options here.
1. King Cold can't transform.
2. King Cold can transform but his full power is still slightly inferior to Frieza's as the daizenshuu says.

Frieza is stated to be the strongest in the universe multiple times, even by King Cold himself, he is treated as far more of a threat by Trunks, King Cold was confirmed comparable to a Frieza that was stated to be suppressed, the daizenshuu says Frieza is stronger, ect.

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:35 pm

If cold could pull off two additional forms he would be twice as strong as frieza maybe stronger

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Freeza did say that if they both fought Gokou, they could win(based on Namek Gokou). So I don't think King Cold was holding back that much power, just based on which transformation he was at the time.

Also, if he didn't go full power(transforming) after seeing his son being cut in half like it aint no thang, and chose the lamest strategy, maybe he hadn't that much power left. That doesn't seem like the strategy a dude with more transformations would go for when facing his biggest threat after losing his son. He had plenty of time to assess his enemy and transform, Trunks got to showboat quite a bit. Maybe he couldn't go any higher or it wouldn't change much.

If he had two more, I'd say he would be around somewhere in between SS Vegeta and 18.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:43 am

Let's calculate that
King cold was 90'000'000/100'000'000 ,right? Let's assume that it was his second form, x2 for the third and it is 180/200'000'000, then x75 for the fourth at full power and it is 13'500'000'000 / 15'000'000'000.
It is a low ultra ssj tier in cell saga, so he would have slaughtered everyone if he went 4th form on earth. And, if we want to take cooler's fifth form into an account, it would make him 54/60'000'000'000 , so low perfect cell tier, and , in my opinion, superior to ssjfp goku and gohan from the cell games

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:55 am

p-hyvo wrote:Let's calculate that
King cold was 90'000'000/100'000'000 ,right? Let's assume that it was his second form, x2 for the third and it is 180/200'000'000, then x75 for the fourth at full power and it is 13'500'000'000 / 15'000'000'000.
It is a low ultra ssj tier in cell saga, so he would have slaughtered everyone if he went 4th form on earth. And, if we want to take cooler's fifth form into an account, it would make him 54/60'000'000'000 , so low perfect cell tier, and , in my opinion, superior to ssjfp goku and gohan from the cell games
Why would Cold be that strong? Cold's power was measured to be around the same degree that initial Mecha Freeza stood at which was stated by Gohan to be at a lower level of Freeza's power, and It was also confirmed by Cold that Freeza was the strongest of their family even before he became Mecha Freeza. I don't think Freeza even powered-up any from his initial 4th form since we never actually see him powering up or state that he was/did, but just generating a strong Ki blast(two in the anime). If Cold can transform two more times then his second form is in the 3,000,000-range, at 6,000,000 for his third form, and then at 450,000,000 in his final form at full power going by your figures. If Future Android 17 is accurate about half of his power being enough to stalemate Future SSJ Gohan then a hypothetical, 4th-form King Cold at max power is only 50% stronger than Future Android 17, nowhere near enough to be superior to even half of FPSSJ Goku.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:36 pm

I tend to chalk up Cold's loss against Trunks as being due to his overconfidence and underestimation of Trunks' abilities along with plot induced stupidity. I think that Cold should really have had his own arc, but he was wasted.

That being said, I like to think that there was a reason why Cold told Freeza to only avoid Buu and Beerus while not mentioning Dabura and Shin (out of universe reasons aside). Perhaps a final form Cold (if he can transform) would be within that power range which sounds ridiculous, but it could be possible if you assume that Cold's arrogance combined with Trunks wanting to get things over with as quickly as possible led to his death.

Sounds far-fetched, so don't take it too seriously.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:21 am

Almighty Majin wrote:I like to think that there was a reason why Cold told Freeza to only avoid Buu and Beerus while not mentioning Dabura and Shin (out of universe reasons aside). Perhaps a final form Cold (if he can transform) would be within that power range
I figure he just wouldn't know about Dabura in the first place -- Buu rampaged across the universe in the past and Beerus is a sometimes-active destroyer as well, so it would make sense that Cold could have either heard of them directly or at least heard stories about them... but Dabura pretty much just keeps to the Demon Realm prior to falling under Babidi's spell.

As for Shin? Entirely possible that he doesn't know about him either. The Kaioshin don't seem to actively get involved with mortals much, after all. The rest of the Kaioshin were killed/absorbed by Buu, and there's no reason for Cold to know about the Kaioshin/Beerus life-link (it doesn't seem like that's common knowledge to anyone aside from the gods themselves), so he probably just assumes that Buu wiped out all of the Kaioshin during his rampage.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:45 am

Holy crap guys did you read the title? This is not about how strong King Cold's transformation is, it is about how strong it would be if he did have one. Obviously he doesn't have any further transformations from what we saw. All the replies in this thread are like "KING COLD DOESN'T HAVE A FOURTH FORM!!!"

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:55 am

PFM18 wrote:Holy crap guys did you read the title? This is not about how strong King Cold's transformation is, it is about how strong it would be if he did have one. Obviously he doesn't have any further transformations from what we saw. All the replies in this thread are like "KING COLD DOESN'T HAVE A FOURTH FORM!!!"
Freeza's first 3 "forms" are power suppressors so if Freeza and Cooler's 4th "form" is their real one then doesn't that also apply to King Cold ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am

sintzu wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Holy crap guys did you read the title? This is not about how strong King Cold's transformation is, it is about how strong it would be if he did have one. Obviously he doesn't have any further transformations from what we saw. All the replies in this thread are like "KING COLD DOESN'T HAVE A FOURTH FORM!!!"
Freeza's first 3 "forms" are power suppressors so if Freeza and Cooler's 4th "form" is their real one then doesn't that also apply to King Cold ?
Yes, it does. Obviously he doesn't have any additional forms.

But let's say their forms are analogous to each other and this is King Cold's second "form." How strong would his final form be? ...is what we are asking each other. Not just repeating the same obvious conclusion ad nauseam.

Personally, I think he would be around Cell Games MSSJ Goku.