Could shin and Gohan have handled dabura, yakon, pui pui and babidi?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Could shin and Gohan have handled dabura, yakon, pui pui and babidi?

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:09 pm

Let's say Vegeta and Goku decide their fight at the world tournament with each other was too important to pass up? Could Gohan had single handedly have handled all of babidi's henchman? I think he could have and also I don't agree with Vegeta when he claims gohan was losing to dabura.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Re: Could shin and Gohan have handled dabura, yakon, pui pui and babidi?

Post by Berserker1921 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:31 pm

Ssjcell wrote:Let's say Vegeta and Goku decide their fight at the world tournament with each other was too important to pass up? Could Gohan had single handedly have handled all of babidi's henchman? I think he could have and also I don't agree with Vegeta when he claims gohan was losing to dabura.
If Gohan went all out, he has a chance. However Gohan isn’t a true fighter and might not pick up on Darbara’s stone spit. So if actually is bloodlusted and goes all out. Gohan can win. If he doesn’t, he loses

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:33 pm

I think they could. Pui Pui would be pretty easy to deal with. Yakon would be a bit harder as Gohan wouldn't be as smart as Goku to blow him up, but i think with Kaioshin's help they can win. Dunno about Dabra though. Although Gohan clearly had the upperhand in power, he was too rusty and was falling for Dabra's tricks pretty easily. I think they can beat Dabra if Shin distracts him while Gohan fires a Kamehameha or something.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:35 pm

I think Vegeta was exaggerating when he said Gohan was only a fraction of what he was against Cell but his performance against Dabura wasn't good so I think things wouldn't have turned out very well, especially if Babidi's men all fought at once.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:59 pm

Yakon & Pui Pui are fodder before Gohan & Shin's combined strength so they're a non-factor, this leaves only Dabura & Babidi to really deal with. Shin should be able to handle Babidi since not even Piccolo was defeated by Babidi's magic while on his guard, and Gohan would definitely be able to stall Dabura from aiding Babidi so it would come down to Gohan & Shin vs Dabura which would end in Dabura's defeat if neither of them are hit by his spit. The Z Senshi would've totally pwned Dabura & Babidi anyways had Vegeta not allowed himself to be corrupted, and put the Earth in jeopardy just so he could have a crack at Goku. Funny how it always seemed to be Vegeta who gets the danger ball rolling in the DBZ-GT run??? Vegeta was the first villain, then he goaded Freeza into transforming, then he allowed the Androids to be built & absorbed by Cell, then he aided in Boo's revival by fighting Goku, then he let himself get taken over by Baby, then he didn't just trash either Android 17 before they fused into Super 17, and then he(along with Goku) didn't just destroy Syn Shenron before he reabsorbed the DBs.
Vegeta is the real villain in DB.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:15 pm

sintzu wrote:I think Vegeta was exaggerating when he said Gohan was only a fraction of what he was against Cell but his performance against Dabura wasn't good so I think things wouldn't have turned out very well, especially if Babidi's men all fought at once.
I agree that he was exaggerating when he talked about gohans power he was fighting as a super Saiyan and was doing well , dabura was stated to be cell and we don't know if they meant perfect cell full power which would have been an impressive foe.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:46 am

The Super manga showed that Kaioshin and Trunks could handle them, and Trunks was seemingly weaker than Gohan given that his SS2 form couldn't do any visible damage to Dabra without Kaioshin first paralyzing him. So I'd say that yeah, they could. With Gohan being able to use SS2 from the beginning, Kaioshin could just paralyze Dabra immediately (he's shown no compunctions about ganging up on enemies) and let Gohan vaporize him with a charged-up Kamehameha. Then either of them could wipe out Pui Pui, Yakon, the mystery level 2 fighter, the nameless goons, and Babidi with contemptuous ease.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:14 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:The Super manga showed that Kaioshin and Trunks could handle them, and Trunks was seemingly weaker than Gohan given that his SS2 form couldn't do any visible damage to Dabra without Kaioshin first paralyzing him.
Trunks could pull the Z Sword out of the rock though, and given how much Gohan struggled, i find doubtful someone weaker would manage to pull it.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!