Android 16 (FighterZ Origins)

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Android 16 (FighterZ Origins)

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:06 am

I have played FighterZ story mode and we already knew, that 16 was made in the likeness of Dr. Gero's deceased son, who was killed as a soldier in RR Army.
But I have found interesting, that Android 21 is made in the likeness of 16's mother and that Gero supposedly programmed 16's character, to like nature and be peaceful.
As it is said that even tough, this model was made to destroy Son Goku specifically, he had second thoughts after seeing his son's likeness and didn't stand the idea, that Son Goku can possibly destroy him.

What do you think? Are these new plot points from the game from Toriyama himself, so we can look on 16 in a new light or is it just the idea from FighterZ writers?
I thought that it is interesting and gives 16 a lot of character with that Gero's son Toriyama statement as before, he was just this brute made for killing Goku, but wasn't finished and therefore had faulty programming.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Android 16 (FighterZ Origins)

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:56 am

That stuff was stated by Toriyama in an interview a while ago IIRC.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Android 16 (FighterZ Origins)

Post by KBABZ » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:37 pm

I thought Android 21 was literally 16's mother given the way she talked; while 16 is a pure robot, 21 is a cyborg converted from a human like 17 and 18.