Does Goku Keep Breaking Barriers Because Of Toribot?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Does Goku Keep Breaking Barriers Because Of Toribot?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:01 am

Toribot is the ultimate ruler of the Dragon World, and likely the most powerful being in it's existence(even greater than Zeno/Future Zeno & Zalama/Super Shenron) because he is the author's avatar. With that being the case, do you suppose it is Toribot's will that allows Goku to keep getting stronger by fighting new, stronger foes? Does Toribot have some eventual end-goal with Goku, and is simply prepping him for a final fight? Maybe Toribot is feeding some of his very own power to Goku & his allies/enemies every time that Goku trains or wants a fight? Is Goku's ever-growing strength the result of a wizard with a pencil being the perpetrator?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Does Goku Keep Breaking Barriers Because Of Toribot?

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:15 pm

i doubt toriyama remembers he created a avatar of himself in the dragon ball world :lol:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:34 pm

Even Tori-bot is subordinate to the the ultimate power that directs his actions - the fanbase. So he keeps making Goku have new adventures because it's what they want him to do.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:08 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Even Tori-bot is subordinate to the the ultimate power that directs his actions - the fanbase. So he keeps making Goku have new adventures because it's what they want him to do.
Don't you mean the ultimate power of the money? I'm pretty sure Toriyama doesn't write DB out of the goodness of his heart to the fans for free...

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:44 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Even Tori-bot is subordinate to the the ultimate power that directs his actions - the fanbase. So he keeps making Goku have new adventures because it's what they want him to do.
Don't you mean the ultimate power of the money? I'm pretty sure Toriyama doesn't write DB out of the goodness of his heart to the fans for free...
Where do you think the money comes from?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Where do you think the money comes from?
From patrons, not just fans. Despite his movies being fancy-looking garbage at it's best, think about why Michael Bay's films are far more financially successful than some films held in critical acclaim for their fantastic scriptwriting/acting? Its mostly not the fans that made Bay's films(does he really even have any genuine fans of his 'film style'???) an economic draw-in, but customers looking to see a summer, popcorn flick with plenty of action. I'm not saying that all of DB's viewers are just shallow-action seekers with cash to spare for the hell of it, but Toriyama isn't relying purely on fan's money, but whosoever pays him.